Home
I have an older Remington KS Model 7 .350 mag with a 20" barrel that is bitch to shoot off a rest. It is light and hard to hold the forearm in a front and rear rest. I cannot shoot it with free recoil and 1 hand around the wrist. With 200 gr TSX's and TAC I have made more than a few 1 hole 4-5 shot groups at 100 yards despite that pencil thin barrel.

I had it bedded and pimped up by Kampfield.

[Linked Image]

What 1 hole wonder do you have?
Sako,

I have a 280AI custom Whitworth that shoots 1 hole groups and weighs 11 lbs.

Its my best shooting rifle and has never seen the field for 2 reasons. The rifle is awkward and heavy anywhere other than a bench. I have lots of 1 moa rifles that are good to 500 yds.

My 11 lb Whitworth in in the process of getting a #2 7X57 barrel and a different stock and scope. With the re-renovation it should come in at about 8.5 lbs and it will see lots of field time and should shoot 1 moa.

Shod
My 2 best and most consistent shooters

Remington 700 ADL 24" .243 Win
B&C Ti stock - bedded and floated
Talleys
Leupold Mark AR 3-9x40 T2

Ruger Hawkeye .358 Winchester
Factory Tupperware bedded and floated
Ruger Rings
Leupold Vari-X III 1.75-6x32
Here are a couple to start with, but first,

Two points,

I typically shoot commercial chambers

I'm not that good of a shot,

so with that in mind.............

Here is a Sako 75 Hunter that started life as a 30-06.

Reincarnated as a 9.3 x 62. Got it from Handwerk who posts here.

[Linked Image]
Sako 75 Hunter, 9.3 x 62, 2.5 x 8 Ziess Conquest

[Linked Image]

I've a longstanding love affair with single shot rifles.

The Browning B-78 and 1885 High walls are copies of the Winchester 1885.

[Linked Image]

Browning Hi-Wall, 454 Casull

Typical accuracy is an inch or better with my handloads. However, who would think you could get this kind of accuracy out of a straight wall pistol cartridge at 100 yds.

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB
T/C Icon in .243...never touched a thing on it, just got it out of the box and shot it.

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ingwe
T/C Icon in .243...never touched a thing on it, just got it out of the box and shot it.

[Linked Image]

Ingwe-san,

Can't see the hole from this angle! Texas heart shot???

GWB
Nope! Its through the shoulder thats on the ground, no exit.
Not always "one hole" but the most surprising is a LH Kimber of Oregon Model 84 in .223 purchased back in 1985 IIRC.

The bolt has always been stiff to operate, even after sending it back long ago to get a new extractor. Redneck here reports that it has something like .015" excess headspace. Further, it is a lightweight rifle with a very round forend not conducive to benchrest shooting. It has well over 4000 rounds down the tube, I stopped counting years ago.

But it will still group three or five shots into some of the tiniest groups I've attained on a regular basis. The only other rifle I've owned which shoots anywhere near as good is a heavy barrelled Model 700 VS. This Kimber handily outshoots my Tikka T3 .223.

Just can't explain it except that it must have an exceptional barrel.

Sounds like one hole to me.

Nice stag BTW.

Best,

GWB
Wasn't that much a surprise, but happy to add this one to the nest - Interarms Mark X action, Pac-nor 22' #3 barrel, 358 Winchester. [Linked Image]

On a day with 15-25 mph winds, it shot a 5-shot group with factory fodder like this:
[Linked Image]

Worked up some loads with 200 gr Sierra's and some IMR4064 and it did this 3-shot group: [Linked Image]

That's a 5/8" group there at the end. Yes, I'm pleased. Scope is a 1.75-6 Leica with a #4 German Post & plex reticle.
I would not say that I have a 1 hole shooter right now. Even though my Tikka 270, Rem700 7 RM, AND Win 70 (PF) 300 WM are consistent -1" shooters.

However I have had TWO, 1 hole shooters.

BOTH were Rem 700s, one a 6mm R BDL the other an 06 ADL. You had to look for a load that wasn't good and BOTH were amazing to me as to how accurate they were.

I miss them! ! cry frown
I have a Savage Model 340 in .222 that produced a half inch 5-shot group at 100 yards at exact POA with iron sights the last time I shot it. I have been afraid to shoot it again since then.
Not every time out, but everything fell together a few times

Ruger 10-22

[Linked Image]

Kimber 308

[Linked Image]

Remington Mt Rifle

[Linked Image]

Glock 19, well almost

[Linked Image]

Not quite one hole, but pretty good for me.

[Linked Image]

T3 Lite SS, 140 NP.

P
My best was a .22 Cheetah it would shoot one hole groups as long as I could hold it.. But being a Cheetah, the barrel washed out pretty fast..
I have several that qualify but the one that amazes me is a Remington 700 in 260 Remington. I honestly thought I had missed the paper after the first round when it happened the first time. The problem with this type of rifle is that can no longer use them as a excuse for missing.
This is the best target I have loaded on Photo bucket. Somewhere in my stuff there's a target with an even smaller group.

[Linked Image]
Have a bunch of one hole shooters, not really surprising. Also, not surprising, is the second shot always ruins the short run.
I bought a well worn rem 700 7mm mag to use as a donor. When it came in, I saw that it had been bedded and had a Timney trigger so I figured I would shoot it. Threw together a load with borrowed dies and 3 shots went into the 2's at 100 yds. Hmmm. Loaded up 3 more and they also went to the 2's. Result? I now have a 7mm mag that I didn't plan on.

I also bought a Marln .45/70 used and used the load provided. Through the 5x scope I could only see one hole on the target. I was pissed, thinking it was a lemon. Then I looked at the target up close and you could just barely tell that three 300 gr HPs had gone through the hole. It continued to punch out little bitty groups subsequently.
Biggest surprise ever- Browning model 65 lever action 218 Bee. Only 40 yards, but with iron sights 3 shots in one barely elongated hole.
Originally Posted by Colo_Wolf
Have a bunch of one hole shooters, not really surprising.

Also, not surprising, is the second shot always ruins the short run.

laugh laugh
I love it ! !

ALL my rifles will do that. grin

One hole in.......no hole out! Yep, that's a one hole shooter. grin

Shod
Weatherby Vanguard S2 youth carbine in .243 Win shooting 85 gr Sierra HPBT.
You can see the one hole.

[Linked Image]

It shoots okay otherwise also, a 5-shot group from a 30-06. But groups from benches mean essentially nothing when it counts.

[Linked Image]

Damn, you guys got me beat. I forgot to ask how big of a hole is allowed? 10 shots from my CZ 550 American that I glass bedded, 286gr. Nosler partitions, Burris FFII 3-9x40:

[Linked Image]

Surprising....Nah, it works great on elk too:

[Linked Image]

My 223 rem shoots pretty good too, but not quite a "1 holer"....:
[Linked Image]

Maybe if I shot some 3 shot groups, it would be a true "1 holer"... wink
If PB charged you every time you posted those pics you'd be broke.
All time, Savage 93R17 BVSS in 17HMR.

Recently, RAR-P in 204 Ruger.
Have a bunch of one hole shooters, not really surprising. Also, not surprising, is the second shot always ruins the short run.

That tells it like it really is for me too. And most others if truth be told.
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

[Linked Image]

I'll see your 10 and raise you 10.

50 yards.

[Linked Image]

One got away.

[Linked Image]

Nula .223AI:

[Linked Image]
I have quite a few 1 holders...mostly customs. Some sakos not surprising but the biggest surprise was my 88 win in 243. Takes some discipline with the trigger but if I do my part it will touch the first 3.
Saw a guy at the range with a shinny new piece crap rem 710 06 shot a little 1 hole 3 shot group with factory ammo....just not right..
Grandpas Remington 721, in 270. After cleaning good only knows how many years of crap from grandpa using it all over the country, it is a true 1/2" gun with factory ammo.
My CZ 527 in .221 Fireball is an awfully good shooter. I bought it, cleaned it, mounted a scope, and went out and shot several groups under a half-inch.

The recipe was surely simple and easy. 18.5gr. of Reloader Seven, Fed. 205M primers and R-P cases, and virtually any bullet I tried 50gr. or under. Didn't matter whether it was a 40gr. VMax or a 50gr. Blitzking, or anything else. It seems to favor 50 gr. SPSX (old fashioned, cheap, thin-skinned bullets with a soft point and flat base), but not by any large margin.

The little stinker just SHOOTS.

It's my favorite rifle.
5 shots with my 223 and 90 vld's.
[Linked Image]
20" 376 steyr with 270 soft points.

[Linked Image]

Way back, I happened to walk into my local gun shop. At that time they had used rifles on a couple racks in the middle of the store along with whiskey barrels full of fired range brass. I'd go in and sift through the brass to find a couple dozen of what I was looking for and fondle a couple used guns. One day I spied a likely looking prospect. It was a heavy barreled Winchester 70 with a push feed action.

[Linked Image]

Seems the barrel was labeled Shilen, 270 Win.

[Linked Image]

IIRC they were asking $400. At that time I was so broke I couldn't afford to pay attention. Good looking rifle though. Over the next six months or so I'd come into said gun shop and that rifle was still sitting there in the rack. I asked the manager what was the deal, as rifles usually did not set there that long. Seems nobody wanted this rifle as it had a small hairline crack just in front of the wrist, below the bolt, it was a push feed not CRF, and it had a heavy barrel.

[Linked Image]

Well it sat there a while longer until I talked the manager down to $350 IIRC, and put it on lay-away.

Anywho, over the years my go to load for a rifle chambered for the 270 Win is a 130 gr. Ballistic Tip over 60 Gr. H4831.

If I've not shot a rifle in a bit, I usually go to the range to check zero, at both 100 and 200 yds.

The following two pix show the type of accuracy this rifle is capable of. First pix is two shots back to back. One can understand why i did not try a third.
The next pix is after a click. One shot a short time later. In this instance, I was not shooting for groups, as much as I was to determine POI at 100 yds, cold barrel. I was satisfied.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

My most surprising is a JC Higgins Model 50 in 270 Win and can't seem to get all 3 to touch. After that is a not so surprising Sako 243 Varmint which I've not gotten to one-hole numerous times and I'm no dedicated marksman.
All my shooters are one-hole shooters - unless I'm shooting shot. smile
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

1917 Savage take down 250-3000.
I drilled and tapped for a scope.
I reamed a 6mmPPC take off barrel out to 6mmBR and cut Sav 99 threads on it.

5 shot group from my custom Hart barreled Husky 06..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

My 300 WM Remington African Plains Rifle is no slouch either..

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
HOW MUCH DOES GROUP SIZE MATTER?
Originally Posted by 16bore

I know. I live with a few million people and get access to a 100 yard range for 11 months of the year. I build rifles for myself and test them there. They when I go hunting 900 miles from here I may set up targets all the way to 550 yards.

The problem is, for 11 months of the year group size is the only feed back I have.
Interesting read though...
16Bore,
ALL your posts are interesting:)

[Linked Image]
Back in the 1950s my father was getting design contracts for guns with a copy of Hayes Elements of Ordnance in his hand written in the 30s.

I don't understand most of that book, nor most of my father's gun patents, but I am learning how to keep them in the 10 inch circle out to 500 yards instead of 400 yards.. practice.
I can't say that these tiny "one hole groups" will make yoi odds of dropping game any better than a rifle that shoots MOA groups, but I can tell you that is fun shooting highly accurate rifles and for me, it is just a confidence builder knowing that the gun is taken out of the equation. IMO words, no excuses for the rifle when misses occur. Besides, it's a lot more fun shooting sub-moa rifles at the range especially when you rolled your own ammo too.
Size does matter. Hitting what you are aiming at also helps..... wink
Let's FLIP the coin.

Consistently shooting 'tiny' groups does NOT HURT you when hunting.

Does it ?
I know someone who checks his rifle every year.
A Rem 700 30-06 he paid $75 for.
Loaded with 180 gr Sierra flat base bullets.
He shoots a 1" 3 shot group at 100 yards at the pit.
Then we hunt.
When he sees a buck at 350 yards, he shoots and shoots, and the buck stands there looking at him.
Then he sees a buck crossing the road and shoots it at 50 yards.

I am always inviting him to shoot long range with me, but his groups are so good, he thinks everything is ok. He always gets his buck, his groups are small, what's MY problem, anyway?
Originally Posted by Clarkm
16Bore,
ALL your posts are interesting:)

[Linked Image]
Back in the 1950s my father was getting design contracts for guns with a copy of Hayes Elements of Ordnance in his hand written in the 30s.

I don't understand most of that book, nor most of my father's gun patents, but I am learning how to keep them in the 10 inch circle out to 500 yards instead of 400 yards.. practice.

That page might explain the 2 together, 1 out, 3 shot group conundrum.
I know someone who checks his rifle every year.
A Rem 700 30-06 he paid $75 for.
Loaded with 180 gr Sierra flat base bullets.
He shoots a 1" 3 shot group at 100 yards at the pit.
Then we hunt.
When he sees a buck at 350 yards, he shoots and shoots, and the buck stands there looking at him.
Then he sees a buck crossing the road and shoots it at 50 yards.

I am always inviting him to shoot long range with me, but his groups are so good, he thinks everything is ok. He always gets his buck, his groups are small, what's MY problem, anyway?

The box of 270 CorLokts I bought my father in law 3 years ago is still sitting in the door pocket of his truck. The ONE empty case that was his "sighter" last year is probably still rolling around the dashboard.

There still might be about 14 rounds left.

Now that's some funny stuff.....

One that surprised and delighted me:

[Linked Image]

It's the most accurate big bore I've ever seen. smile
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal

[Linked Image]

I'd give you $500. bill, sight unseen!

Joking...but serious if you're interested. <G>
I have a Remington Varmint 223 that does very well. It was bad when I bought it and turned out to be the HS Precision stock had a problem in he aluminum bedding block. I put it a stock I had made years earlier for another 700V and I made it single shot and glassed it in with the single shot adapter glued in. Gave the HS stock away. From the very first day in this stock this rifle has shot really well for a stock barrel. This stock is wood but I like it painted and touch up is easy. Here it has a 6-18 Leupold on it.
[Linked Image]
Here is some pennies at a 100yds. 2 shots each except the last was three. I should have not shot the three at the last with the barrel hot.
[Linked Image]
My wife can shoot this rifle well to. She shot the shot shell hulls at a 100yds. a couple weeks ago. I started teasing her for not hitting the primer center. She had one high and one below. She said alright smart --- hit these pistol empties. So I had to make a smaller holes in the cardboard box and then we went back and the barrel was cool then and I shot the two 44 Mag. empties and we walked out and 1 was inside the box and one behind it and she looked at them and said "I quit."
[Linked Image]
That is some shooting! Nice job.
[Linked Image]

CZ550 Premium, 270 WCF.
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
One that surprised and delighted me:

[Linked Image]

And thats a proper scope too!
Originally Posted by jwall

I'd give you $500. bill, sight unseen!

Joking...but serious if you're interested. <G>

grin

It has a C weight barrel, and weighs right at 9lbs, as shown with the Leupy scope. Turnbull told me less than 100 were made in that caliber. I've seen maybe 4 of 5 of them, and it has good wood, the best I've seen in that variation.

The .475 Turnbull has about 5% less case capacity than the .458 Win mag, so it's realistic to drive 500's at 2100+ fps, which matches the .470 Nitro. That load above runs about 1875. I have some .475 dia hard cast bullets for it, which would be dandy for anything on this continent, at milder speeds.

So for several reasons it's the best big bore I own. It would have to be a ridiculously good trade or profit for me to bite. grin

Early Sako L461 Vixen Sporter, 222 Rem....
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
I have an older Remington KS Model 7 .350 mag with a 20" barrel that is bitch to shoot off a rest. It is light and hard to hold the forearm in a front and rear rest. I cannot shoot it with free recoil and 1 hand around the wrist. With 200 gr TSX's and TAC I have made more than a few 1 hole 4-5 shot groups at 100 yards despite that pencil thin barrel.
<snip>
What 1 hole wonder do you have?

I'm thinking my RAR Predator in 6.5 CM will be a one holer if I ever get a chance to shoot it during a calm period at the range... wink Here's a link to some recent groups using plain old Sierras: RAR Predator 6.5CM Groups w/Varget & Sierra 120SPT
I had a Ruger M77 Ultralight in .223 Rem 20 years ago that was a surprisingly accurate one hole shooter but as with so many rifles over years I sold it to some lucky dude that I don't even remember...Ha!............Hb
All my guns are one holers,
until I shoot a second time smile
I have 5 2 Marlin Bolts one in 22 mag and another in .22 LR

A HB remington 700 Dicks sporting goods exclusive in .223

A Howa in 223

A Vanguard in.270
Old 788 in 308.

[Linked Image]
Small groups matter with my target rifles.

When hunting game I intend to hit the game with the first shot from my rifles cold barrel. That's what I primarily keep records on.

Does the rifle stay sighted in??

Today I shot a M70 that I bought because it had a well done stock and a pre-64 action. It has a 22" aftermarket barrel in .300 Win. Mag.

Today it put it's first two shots from a cold barrel into one hole at 100 yds. It has done this before.

I shot it again, right away at 200 yds and it made a 1" two shot group an inch to the left of center. While this is very good what matters most is that it do it later when hunting from a cold barrel. I will check it soon next week.

The bullet is the 155 Berger VLD over Varget.

It's the rifle at the bottom of this picture.

[Linked Image]
I had a ruger m77 mkII 338 win mag that liked to punch a ragged hole. It was my trusted elk rifle and I sold it because I got on this damn pre 64 model 70 bandwagon....

[Linked Image]

I also sold a nice tanger 270 round top because I bought a pre 64 model 70 270 fwt to take its place. It shot damn well for a tanger. The new owner loves it:
[Linked Image]

Another Ruger that surprised me was my .223 rem Hawkeye. It shot almost as good as my varminter:
[Linked Image]

Now, those were bolt action rifles so they should shoot pretty good right? This thread is about "surprising one hole shooters". The one that surprised me the most was my 1961 Winchester model 100 that I glass bed. This was the first group after glass bedding it:

[Linked Image]

Not bad for an old semi auto... laugh

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 1Deernut
Old 788 in 308.

[Linked Image]

788's are like cheating. I'm not the lest bit "surprised" you are getting 1 hole groups with it. I didn't even list my 6mm rem 788 because everyone knows they shoot. Little target pic of how mine did. Not surprisingly though:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Hmmmm, you say that scope looks familiar?? Yes, it was the same one I had on my win model 100 when It shot in the .3's....:
[Linked Image]

No flies on that "proven" scope... wink
bsa1917hunter.
Nothing says poor workmanship like uneven duck tape -Red Green

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ... I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!
BSA,

Yea, I guess you are right. But for a $300 investment, I was proud anyway. It's hard not to grab this old rifle for hunts that don't require hiking steep and long.
I had a ruger m77 mkII 338 win mag that liked to punch a ragged hole. It was my trusted elk rifle and I sold it because I got on this damn pre 64 model 70 bandwagon....

[Linked Image]

I also sold a nice tanger 270 round top because I bought a pre 64 model 70 270 fwt to take its place. It shot damn well for a tanger. The new owner loves it:
[Linked Image]

Another Ruger that surprised me was my .223 rem Hawkeye. It shot almost as good as my varminter:
[Linked Image]

Now, those were bolt action rifles so they should shoot pretty good right? This thread is about "surprising one hole shooters". The one that surprised me the most was my 1961 Winchester model 100 that I glass bed. This was the first group after glass bedding it:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You'll want to get those those things "dialed" in before you post any more pics. There is a dumbass that goes around talking sh!!t about targets like that.

Oh ya, he'll probably have something to say about 3 and 5 shots groups not meaning sh!!t also.
Back in 2008 I bought a Sako-barreled Rem 03-A3 chambered to 6mm-250 here in the classifieds. It was priced right, full-length bedded TIGHT into a Monte Carlo Fajen and built by Tennessee BR smith HW Creighton.

When I tore the invoice scotch-taped to the cheekpiece it ripped the finish off. There was pitting all over the barrel & trigger guard, I tossed together random loads using 1x 22-250 cases I bought here, and mounted a cheap Bushnell I had lying around.

My first 3-shot group on paper was covered with a penny, and it makes honest one-hole groups regularly with bullets from 60-90 gr. More impressive IMHO is its ability to put a variety of loads to the same POI allowing me to use 90 gr NBTs for big game & 60 gr Sierra HPs for woodchucks/coyotes without changing scope settings. After that awesome group I refinished the stock and had the barreled action bead blasted & parkerized. It wears a Burris FFII 6x40mm w/ elevation turret.

Both my boys LOVE this rifle; my oldest was hitting 12 ga hulls from 100 yds over the hood of my car at 8 yo. My 10 yo knocked over a pair of boars this past January in Texas with it, killing them each with a single well-placed 90 gr NBT (tho one flopped & got a 2nd). One of my former catechism students took out a gallon milk jug with a single shot at 400 yds. A good buddy took his first public land deer with it, and I've gone crazy with great customer service eradicating woodchucks from the farm fields of my clients.

It's a lug but of all my rifles this is one of maybe 3 that'll never go anywhere. After that initial group I bought 1500 blemished 75 gr Horn HPs here, and am almost through em, as well as the 400-80 gr RP-PSPs I got here. If (or when) I toast the throat I'll likely punch it to 6mm Rem or 6x57 AI, but I'm pretty sure I'll always have a rifle chambered to 6-250. Just a fantastically mild cartridge that's a real joy to shoot. A lot.

A woodchuck at farmer Bob's place: [Linked Image]

First group on paper:

[Linked Image]

.338 RUM and a 250 gr Nosler Partition at 100 yds.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by 1Deernut
BSA,

Yea, I guess you are right. But for a $300 investment, I was proud anyway. It's hard not to grab this old rifle for hunts that don't require hiking steep and long.

The 788's are damn good rifles and very accurate. One of the most accurate rifles I've ever fired was a triple deuce 788. It was a true "one holer" rifle. One of the reasons I searched and searched to find the lefty 6mm rem I had...
bsa1917hunter.
Nothing says poor workmanship like uneven duck tape -Red Green

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. ... I'm pulling for ya. We're all in this together!

Hey, I like Red Green. He's an ingenious sombeesh... laugh ... Maybe almost as good as MacGyver... whistle
Originally Posted by efw
Back in 2008 I bought a Sako-barreled Rem 03-A3 chambered to 6mm-250 here in the classifieds. It was priced right, full-length bedded TIGHT into a Monte Carlo Fajen and built by Tennessee BR smith HW Creighton.

When I tore the invoice scotch-taped to the cheekpiece it ripped the finish off. There was pitting all over the barrel & trigger guard, I tossed together random loads using 1x 22-250 cases I bought here, and mounted a cheap Bushnell I had lying around.

My first 3-shot group on paper was covered with a penny, and it makes honest one-hole groups regularly with bullets from 60-90 gr. More impressive IMHO is its ability to put a variety of loads to the same POI allowing me to use 90 gr NBTs for big game & 60 gr Sierra HPs for woodchucks/coyotes without changing scope settings. After that awesome group I refinished the stock and had the barreled action bead blasted & parkerized. It wears a Burris FFII 6x40mm w/ elevation turret.

Both my boys LOVE this rifle; my oldest was hitting 12 ga hulls from 100 yds over the hood of my car at 8 yo. My 10 yo knocked over a pair of boars this past January in Texas with it, killing them each with a single well-placed 90 gr NBT (tho one flopped & got a 2nd). One of my former catechism students took out a gallon milk jug with a single shot at 400 yds. A good buddy took his first public land deer with it, and I've gone crazy with great customer service eradicating woodchucks from the farm fields of my clients.

It's a lug but of all my rifles this is one of maybe 3 that'll never go anywhere. After that initial group I bought 1500 blemished 75 gr Horn HPs here, and am almost through em, as well as the 400-80 gr RP-PSPs I got here. If (or when) I toast the throat I'll likely punch it to 6mm Rem or 6x57 AI, but I'm pretty sure I'll always have a rifle chambered to 6-250. Just a fantastically mild cartridge that's a real joy to shoot. A lot.

A woodchuck at farmer Bob's place: [Linked Image]

First group on paper:

[Linked Image]

That is a very cool old rifle.
Originally Posted by SLM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You'll want to get those those things "dialed" in before you post any more pics. There is a dumbass that goes around talking sh!!t about targets like that.

Oh ya, he'll probably have something to say about 3 and 5 shots groups not meaning sh!!t also.

LOL... It made me laugh

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Thanks man its a really special rifle for me & my boys.

It has been a fantastic teacher for us that the best way to learn to shoot... Is to shoot! Also that we tend to be over-scoped. This started out w/ an El Paso-built K6 and now has a FFII 6x40 and I've NEVER felt under-scoped.
Originally Posted by SuperCub

[Linked Image]

760 ? A Remington "PUMP"? ! ! confused

Everybody knows that ONLY bolt actions shoot that good. whistle

I have a Rem M 6 - 6mm RM that serves as my 'varmint' rifle yet I've killed more deer with it than varmints. It has accounted for a few coyotes (yotes) and crows.

I have & have had several M 6 270s that have killed a few truck loads of WT deer.

Don't sell the pumps short ! !
Just bought a new Thompson Center Ventura in 270 WSM. It was a display model so I got it for $300.00 Bought a box of factory Remington 130 gr. C.L. First 3 shot group was .360" at a 100 yards. Love the gun.Not very pretty but she can shoot.
Word got out 30 years ago that I could shoot and zero a gun,I had my own 1, 2 and 300 yard range on my airstrip runway, you folks will not believe how many people would buy a Weatherby, S%B or high dollar scope and ask me to mount and zero it! All wanted to go to their favorite deer stand and one shot a whitetail buck! I did not mind I just could not understand why they did not want to do the shooting themselves. Its like flying or frigging its takes practice to get good! v best winpoor
Originally Posted by jwall
760 ? A Remington "PUMP"? ! ! confused

Everybody knows that ONLY bolt actions shoot that good. whistle

I have a Rem M 6 - 6mm RM that serves as my 'varmint' rifle yet I've killed more deer with it than varmints. It has accounted for a few coyotes (yotes) and crows.

I have & have had several M 6 270s that have killed a few truck loads of WT deer.

Don't sell the pumps short ! !

Yup .... I've had good luck with pumps over the yrs. They seem to shoot well with surprisingly heavy loads and don't require small base dies.
Ruger Hawkeye in 270 Winchester....

[Linked Image]

When I got this rifle, it gave me fits. Nothing consistent. Good group, then a bad group. I tried H4831sc and Hunter because of previous experiences. Nothing was consistently acceptable. I tried floating the barrel too, but it didn't help in the long run. I was about ready to send it down the road, then got out the BIG Allen wrench set. I torqued the front action screw so tight, any farmer would be proud. H4831sc and Hunter were considerably better. Then I tried H414. Two days apart, after moving the scope around for other loads...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire