Home
Please help me compile a list of factory produced non-lever action rifles chambered in .35 Remington. I know of several but I am sure there are some that I am not recalling at the moment.
760/7600
Remington 8, 81, 14, 141, 7, 600, 7600, 760, 30

Winchester M70

Savage 170

Can't think of any others at the moment.
Model 70 Winchester...extremely rare and valuable not many produced
Remington semiauto and pump models 8,14,and newer??
I want to say Remington bolt gun also
My very first rifle (centerfire) is a Marlin 336 which I still have 50yrs later and love the cartridge for what it is.
H&R Handi rifle too I think
Remington 760,7600,141,7,8 Savage 170 and t/c contender, that's all I can think of, come to think about it did Winchester ever make A gun in the 35 rem?
I guess no one reads previous posts.
Scott,
They're just proving you were right, is all...
Standard pumps and semi-autos. Not that you're likely to find one every day, or actually want one if found, but they exist.
Fabrique Nationale 1900 semi-auto, European version of the Remington 8.

CVA Scout single shot
A good friend has a Remington Custom Shop M7 in 35 Rem. with a fiberglass Mannlicher style stock.
NULA. IIRC Melvin made one for Richard Mann.
Remington Model 600....
I love this cartridge. Unfortunately you can't find ammo anywhere for it . Companies ceased production even though there must be a million rifles out ther. I've used it in Remingtons model 14 and the 141 and Marlins 336. I want to take a Black Bear over bait with a .35 Remington.
Remington built one of those bolt-action pistols in 35 Rem, although I don't know the model number. Based on a Rem 700 or 7 action though.
Originally Posted by Yondering
Remington built one of those bolt-action pistols in 35 Rem, although I don't know the model number. Based on a Rem 700 or 7 action though.

XP-100

If we're talking pistols, the Ordnance Technology/Magnum Research "Lone Eagle" chambered it as well.

Originally Posted by pointer
NULA. IIRC Melvin made one for Richard Mann.

I was thinking it was Charlie Sisk that made it for him, but I don't remember which action he used.

Dave.
It's really a cool cartridge that sadly has been forgotten. People want .44 mag leverguns but I've hunted extensively with both and the .35 Remington has just as much punch up close and takes more out to 150 yards than the .44 does.
Dakota [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
here is my 35 remington 141 thats been cut down to 18 1/2"
[Linked Image]
Or just build your own.

http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/8858719/1
Not sure how I missed that.....

That's a great little carbine, sir! Too many projects, so little time (and cash grin ).

I'll remain loyal to my Amish Machine Gun

George
That's pretty slick. There's been one for sale at a LGS for a couple of years now and I've almost pulled the trigger on it a couple of times, just for the helluvit.
Originally Posted by moosemike
I love this cartridge. Unfortunately you can't find ammo anywhere for it . Companies ceased production even though there must be a million rifles out ther. I've used it in Remingtons model 14 and the 141 and Marlins 336. I want to take a Black Bear over bait with a .35 Remington.

They haven't discontinued it, it's just not a hot seller, so it's relegated to "seasonal" production schedules. In other words, they'll make a "run" in late spring or early summer, for distribution in the early fall, but won't make another run until the following year(or maybe the second year, if they don't sell out that year's production).

Not saying that's the right way to do it, but they sell more .308 or .30/06 than they do .35 Remington, and they need the production capacity for bigger sellers than the old .35. Marlin still makes M336s in .35Rem., they wouldn't make rifles if the ammo were discontinued, no point in it.

It should be hitting the shelves soon enough. There are a heckuva lot more .35s to feed than a lot of other "popular" cartridges. But you might have to wait awhile to find it while it makes its way thru the distribution channels.
Have found 5 full factory boxes of 35 Rem. (CoreLokt's and Silvertip's) to date this year at the market where I shop on Sunday mornings here in PA. All was purchased at bargain prices. Anticipate picking up a lot more in Sept., Oct., and Nov. as deer season approaches....
The .30-30, .32 Special, and .35 Remington are just a blast (pun intended ) to shoot. What I most like about the .35 is it still has the moderate recoil of the other two and it will knock a deer into next week at modest ranges. Marlin no longer catalogues it for the 336 however.
Remington produced the M30 bolt action in 35 REM. Kimber made a small quantity of bolt action 35 REM but I have never seen one.
Marlin no longer catalogues it for the 336 however.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firearms/centerfire/336C.asp

Actually, Marlin is still cataloging the .35, it's still in production. Even Remlin isn't stupid enough to kill off a steady seller like the 336/.35 Remington.
They mustve brought it back. I remember a whole lot of grumbling on the Marlinowners site a couple years ago when the .35 was dropped from the catalog. I believe they dropped the .444 at the same time.
I guess you didn't look at the website. The .444 is still there, too. Just peek at the link provided, under "Big Bore" leverguns.
Don't recall them ever dropping the .35, but they dropped the .444, .450 & .338 Exp for awhile while they worked on their "issues". They have reinstated the .444 & .338 to the line but don't think they've shipped any yet.
I wonder if it would fit in the new howa mini action?
Its chambered for 223 & 204 at the moment so COL would probably work

Johno
That's the problem with this country, everyone wants to TALK, but no one wants to listen/read.

Oh I read his link as soon as he posted it. I didn't say Marlin doesn't currently chamber the .444 Marlin I merely said they had dropped it a few years ago. And that is true. So any difficulties in reading or comprehension aren't mine.
And yes Marlin had discontinued the .35 Remington at the same time. I took part in the controversy on Marlinowners.com at the time. And yes I'm very happy the .35 Remington is back in the lineup. I prefer it to the .30-30 but I've used both extensively.

Here is a totally forgotten and wonderful rifle ... the Standard Arms Model G in .35 Remington.

And surprise, it is BOTH semi-auto and pump action!!!!

Yes, I've fired one in .35 Remington and I fired another in .30 Remington.

Blessings,

Steve

It's really a cool cartridge that sadly has been forgotten. People want .44 mag leverguns but I've hunted extensively with both and the .35 Remington has just as much punch up close and takes more out to 150 yards than the .44 does.
I've had both .44 mag. and .35 Rem. leverguns and used them to shoot a bunch of deer. If either killed one bit better than a .30-30 you couldn't prove it by me. Folks do seem to have good imaginations though.
I guess there must be different degree's of dead.
Melvin Forbes did make a NULA in .35 Remington for Richard Mann, on the Model 20 action.

There was also a "pre-Model 8" Remington. It was called the Remington Autoloading Rifle, and was made for a couple of years before the name was changed to Model 8. There weren't many made, but I owned one for a while.
A nearby gunshop has a Standard Arms semi/pump .35 on display. Its a neat gun.

When I was a kid, the Standards weren't uncommon to see in used gun racks in northern New England. I once knew a man in Saugerties, NY, who collected them, so I would call or send him a note whenever I found one. IIRC, there were more commonly found in 30 and 35 Rem, less commonly found in 25 and 32 Rem. The Lyman tang peep sights for them are quite uncommon and quite collectible too.
My little 35 in the middle of his two big brother's(350 Rem's) [img:center][Linked Image][/img]
Very nice Sqweeler.
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

When I was a kid, the Standards weren't uncommon to see in used gun racks in northern New England. I once knew a man in Saugerties, NY, who collected them, so I would call or send him a note whenever I found one. IIRC, there were more commonly found in 30 and 35 Rem, less commonly found in 25 and 32 Rem. The Lyman tang peep sights for them are quite uncommon and quite collectible too.

I'm very surprised how many times Ive seen a Standard rifle in old hunting pics. They must've sold half decent.
My marlin 35 rem will do triple duty this year: antelope, deer, and elk.
Originally Posted by HUNTS

Cool.

Just curious, you shooting factory ammo or reloads?

Doc

I love this cartridge. Unfortunately you can't find ammo anywhere for it . Companies ceased production even though there must be a million rifles out ther.

Midway shows 6 factory loads for the 35 Remington, 2 from Remington and one each from Winchester, Federal, Hornady and Buffalo Bore.

I don't doubt that they may be hard to find, but that's the case with most ammo these days.
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

Just curious, you shooting factory ammo or reloads?

Doc

Factory Hornady LE. I had bought several boxes for the brass as it has been hard to find. I was figuring on reloading the 180gr Speer FN or 200gr LE. The factory loads shot great groups so I will probably just shoot them this season. I don't have a lot of extra time(work) and need to concentrate on getting in better shape.
Originally Posted by natman
I love this cartridge. Unfortunately you can't find ammo anywhere for it . Companies ceased production even though there must be a million rifles out ther.

Midway shows 6 factory loads for the 35 Remington, 2 from Remington and one each from Winchester, Federal, Hornady and Buffalo Bore.

I don't doubt that they may be hard to find, but that's the case with most ammo these days.

And it says "out of stock no back order" on each one.
Try www.ammoseek.com

It shows some available
© 24hourcampfire