Home
Posted By: Techsan Cooper Ultralight? - 08/19/15
Read a review of the Excalibur today and the author mentioned Cooper is coming out with an "ultralight" rifle late this year. Anyone know anything?
Posted By: tarheelpwr Re: Cooper Ultralight? - 08/19/15
tag
Posted By: ejo Re: Cooper Ultralight? - 08/19/15
Hopefully they make it in Lefty
Posted By: Techsan Re: Cooper Ultralight? - 08/19/15
Called Cooper, spoke to a friendly sales rep. He said it will be a model 52 action scaled down to reduce weight, lighter fiberglass stock, lighter thinner barrel. About 6 pounds total. Expect they will be available starting in mid 2016.
Posted By: VaHillbilly Re: Cooper Ultralight? - 08/20/15
Damn! This is what i have been waiting for, the only real knock I had with the Cooper Excalibur long action rifles is there weight, the short action Excalibur rifle is not bad at 6.5 lb but a 6.5 lb .300 Win Mag would be perfect...........Hb
Posted By: KenMi Re: Cooper Ultralight? - 08/20/15
Well, that shoots any hopes for a lefty version.

I talked to Cooper about this and they blame Bell & Carlson for not making lefty stock molds. Talked to B&C and they blamed Cooper for not ever ordering or pursuing the idea of left hand versions of their stocks. Cooper did admit it would be a large initial investment, so that pretty much explains it.
Posted By: Kimber7man Re: Cooper Ultralight? - 08/20/15
Heck, Cooper ought to talk to Tom Manners.
Posted By: shootAI Re: Cooper Ultralight? - 08/20/15
This sounds really good to me.
Posted By: NJelksmacker Re: Cooper Ultralight? - 08/21/15
What are they going to do with all them 7 1/2 lbs. Cooper 52's?
Posted By: RDFinn Re: Cooper Ultralight? - 08/21/15
they never seem to have a problem selling them bro. Wouldn't it be nice if Cooper got together with the new versions of High Tech Stocks.....
Posted By: 8SNAKE Re: Cooper Ultralight? - 08/21/15
Originally Posted by NJelksmacker
What are they going to do with all them 7 1/2 lbs. Cooper 52's?

There are probably more people who desire a 7 1/2 lb M52 than a 6 lb version of the same.
© 24hourcampfire