Home
I only have one Winchester left in the herd, and it is a 25 WSSM.
I don't have a short action to compare it to, but I think these are shorter than the "normal" short action. I was looking at Gunbroker and it seems these bring a premium, I guess due to the weight?
I've noticed the opposite. I'd say they tend to languish.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
I've noticed the opposite. I'd say they tend to languish.

This.
Winchester/USRA 70 WSSM Fwts typically sell for over $1K. There was a stainless parts gun that recently went for $2,125 on GB.

Although Winchester/Olin still catalogs three (3) factory loads, they must be seasonal runs, as I haven't seen any on local dealers' shelves for at least 3 or 4 years.

Winchester/Olin only cataloged the 25 WSSM for two (2) years, so it is less common than the 243 WSSM and much less common than the 223 WSSM.

I am a 25 WSSM fan, still have fifteen (15) rifles, a few thousand rounds of loaded ammo and a few thousand more new pieces of brass to feed them well into the future.
I handled a M-70 stainless in 25 WSSM when introduced thinking it was the best light weight mountain rifle ever built. Of course the bolt was on the wrong side for me.

260remguy....you have the market cornered having 15 25wssm rifles.

Doc
I noticed that they struggled to sell for a while and all of the sudden they took off. I guess the very limited production run maximized the demand.
When I go, I tend to go "all in".
© 24hourcampfire