Home
I picked up my first Montana yesterday. Ran a few wet patches down the bore, mounted a scope and shot some loads I had reloaded for another 243. These are 65gr VMAX. I like them for coyotes.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I got it on paper, then shot a 3-3shot groups. Looks like they are around 1", shot at 100 yards.

Going to dig up, SAS's thread, and maybe try to do a little better.
Posted By: Hugh Re: Kimber Montana 243 , purchase - 11/08/15
I have one in 708 want to get another in .243 very happy so far .
Good stuff! Love the Kimbers!
Posted By: K22 Re: Kimber Montana 243 , purchase - 11/08/15
Love those Kimbers. Nice shooting Coyotejunki.
That's a great start and not a bad place to be. I have gone back and forth on a Montana in .243. Planning to add one to my Kimber collection.

Enjoy that rifle!
Nice choice, junki. I've got one in 7mm-08. To say I like it is a big understatement. I'm gonna keep it until my "keeper" plays out.......
I have been wanting one for quite a while. I am a big fan of the Mauser 98 and so I automatically took a liking to the Kimbers. I bounced back and forth on whether to get the 243 or the 7-08. I still want a 7-08 and a 223.

Heck, I may get a 223, have it punched out to AI and put a fixed power scope on it. Then tell Big Stick how nice it is and how he should try something like that. smile
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
These are 65gr VMAX. I like them for coyotes.

How do these bullets perform on the terminal end? Saving fur? Quick kills? Exits?
Sometimes I save the fur. If hunting in certain parts of AZ, I might not. I occasionally get an exit, and it usually drops the coyote real quick. Some guys are liking the 58gr VMAX. That shot slightly better with H414.
Posted By: Mull Re: Kimber Montana 243 , purchase - 11/09/15
Mine Like The 55 Gr B.T.'s And 40Gr's Of Varget. Bought a 243 And 7-08. Haven't Got Around To Shooting The 08,But Hope It Does As Well As The Little 243.

Attached picture 243.jpg
My kimber is a 260. Sort of a love hate relationship. It will shoot one load near an inch. Others about 6" at a hundred. I love the way it feels.
Originally Posted by Coyotejunki
I have been wanting one for quite a while. I am a big fan of the Mauser 98 and so I automatically took a liking to the Kimbers. I bounced back and forth on whether to get the 243 or the 7-08. I still want a 7-08 and a 223.

Heck, I may get a 223, have it punched out to AI and put a fixed power scope on it. Then tell Big Stick how nice it is and how he should try something like that. smile

Better be quick with the 7mm-08. Kimber no longer offers it in their catalog. I just got mine from Whittakers.
© 24hourcampfire