Home
Posted By: 79S 257 weatherby - 12/12/15
So I recently got one its a rem 700 it was a limited run they did for rmef 25th anniversary few yrs back, anyhow all I read about is folks using 100gr bullets.. I was wondering why the 100gr bullets. I did work up a good load using 115gr tsx using 70gr of 7828 and fed 215. It also shoots the 117gr hornady btsp very well.. The 115gr partition showed potential as well..
Posted By: nifty-two-fifty Re: 257 weatherby - 12/12/15
My 257 Wby does best with 115 gr bullets.

Many owners like the 100 gr bullets for the very high velocity, which is what attracts most buyers to this cartridge in the first place.

The only 100 gr bullet that excels in my rifle is the Hdy Interlock. It destroys an awful lot of meat at such high speed on closer shots, in my limited experience.

I think the heavier bullets are a good match for this cartridge.
Posted By: pete53 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/12/15
I use a custom ruger no. 1 with a 257 weatherby mag 27 inch bonx barrel on it now.it shoots 3800 fps with 100 gr. bullets I use swift a-frame bullets .have shot a lot of animals with a 257 w.mag and swift a frames seem to work the best and don`t damage so much meat.you have one of the best cartridges ever designed to hunt with for deer and antelope,does not matter if its 50 yards or 400 yards just put it on the animal and pull the trigger !oneshotpete
Posted By: SKane Re: 257 weatherby - 12/12/15
Originally Posted by 79S
I was wondering why the 100gr bullets.

I'm generally not a speed freak but I had my 257W built to stand on the throttle.
The 15ish extra grains is like adding a governor. *grins*

Any of the bullets you mentioned will work quite nicely.
Posted By: Double_D Re: 257 weatherby - 12/12/15
I shoot 115 TSX in mine, it actually has a lower bc than the 100 gr version IIRC.....

I have had excellent results with the 115's on deer and a couple of coyotes
Posted By: RGK Re: 257 weatherby - 12/12/15
The new Ruger No 1 with a 28" barrel should be awesome. Been thinking about one...
Bob
Posted By: Sakohunter264 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/12/15
John Barsness recommends the 115gr or 120gr Partitions. I follow suit, however I've killed many elk and deer with a 117gr Sierra and 117gr Hornady over 70gr RL 25 with excellent results. The partition tends to penetrate a little deeper than the others mentioned.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: 257 weatherby - 12/12/15
Pass me the 110 gr Accubonds over R-22.
Posted By: Muley_Crazy Re: 257 weatherby - 12/12/15
I own the same rifle. It loves the 100 gr. Nosler Partition, and so I've never really needed to try anything else. I shoots sub 1 inch groups, and the load I use has been chronographed at 3,785, which is just fine with me. I've shot five mule deer bucks in Montana with it, all died quickly after one shot. As a mule deer/pronghorn cartridge, well, I don't know if there is something out there that is better.
Posted By: Azshooter Re: 257 weatherby - 12/13/15
The 115 Berger is another option. There are four of us who use it primarily for coues wt. But other animals have been taken including elk. This bullet has had many animals fold to the shot and never take a step.

Totals:
My rifle:
7 coues wt longest shot 525
1 antelope 580 yds
1 javelina 328 yds
Dan’s rifle:
6 elk and 4 mule deer in Co
1 javelina
Tim’s rifle:
4 coues wt
Allen’s rifle
5 coues wt
Posted By: GreggH Re: 257 weatherby - 12/13/15
79s
I have the same rifle you have as well. I run the 100 gr TTSX in mine because like SKane said it was made for speed. Believe me it will handle most anything you would want to use the 25 Roy on. It is a great round and you will be amazed at what it will do.

GreggH
Posted By: Bighorn Re: 257 weatherby - 12/13/15
I shot 117 gr. Sierras out of my Wby Mk V .257 for years, with mixed results- after a couple of blowups on mule deer, I went to 100 gr. Barnes TSXes, and have been completely satisfied with the results. Most recently, tried the TTSXes, with identical results as far as I can tell- .5" groups and excellent results on game. Pushed at 3700 fps out of my Mk V, sight-in of 2" high at 100 puts it dead on at 300 yards. I have shot everything from coyotes to elk with the 100 gr. Barnes bullets, and see no reason to ever change.
Posted By: 79S Re: 257 weatherby - 12/13/15
I'm going to have to find some Berger bullets
Posted By: Azshooter Re: 257 weatherby - 12/14/15
115 VLDs in stock

http://bullets.com/products/-25-Cal-257-115-Grain-Match-VLD-Hunting-Bullets-Case-of-100/BL10077
Posted By: RJM Re: 257 weatherby - 12/14/15
Had dreamed a .257 Weatherby for decades but just could not warm up to the Japanese made guns....and I never really cared for the high comb Weatherby stock.

When Remington came out with the 700 CDL stainless/fluted it was just what I was looking for. Found one NIB on GunBroker under wholesale as it had a scratched stock. Added a Shepherd 6-18 scope and then looked at bullets and powders.

Decided on the Speer 120 SBT as it had one of the highest BCs out there and they were not that expensive. And at this point I knew the rifle probably wasn't going hunting for a while anyway as where I hunt with the exception of one deer, all shots of mine and all my friends for the last 12 years have been under 100 yards.

Ended up with a load of 70 grains of Reloader 25 that clocks 3175 fps...and runs .3 MOA.

Have been looking at the 100 grain Swift Scriocco and will probably try some next summer... Only thing that I may do is put the nice stainless action into a B&C stock...

[Linked Image]

68 grains...

[Linked Image]

69 grains...

[Linked Image]

70 grains...

[Linked Image]

..as soon as I hit 71 things started to spread...

[Linked Image]

Not a glamorous bullet but it shoots...

Bob

Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/14/15
I'm a big fan off the heavier bullets for the 257. People tout the 100's for their velocity potential, but the problem is, their BC's are horribly low. By the 300 yard mark, the 115's are going just as fast, but with substantially more energy and less wind drift. Beyond 300 the 115-120 gr bullets walk away from the 100's, especially the TTSX with it's barn door bc of .357.

I shoot the 115 Ballistic Tip in mine almost exclusively and occasionally the 110 Accubond. Both are spectacular killers. The 257 just flat hammers game.

As an aside, if you have any RL-25 lying around, give it a go. It's by far, given the best results with 115-120 gr bullets in every 257 Wby I've owned.
Posted By: RJM Re: 257 weatherby - 12/15/15
wbyfan1...was wondering what you are getting for velocity with RL-25 and those bullets.

One of the reasons I'm looking at the 100 grain Swift Scricco is its .429 BC. The Accubond is .418. Most of the other bullets under 110 grains are in the .370-.395 area.

Bob
Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/15/15
Originally Posted by RJM
wbyfan1...was wondering what you are getting for velocity with RL-25 and those bullets.

One of the reasons I'm looking at the 100 grain Swift Scricco is its .429 BC. The Accubond is .418. Most of the other bullets under 110 grains are in the .370-.395 area.

Bob

Bob,

With a 26 inch barrel, my pet load using RL-25 and the 115 Ballistic Tip usually chrono's right at 3400fps or just a skosh more. The load I use with the 110 AB typically runs a little over 3450. These numbers mimic factory ammo velocities. For what it's worth, I've discovered my best accuracy at or very close to max.

I've never tried the 100 Scricco, but a .429 BC would make them worth looking at, especially since they'd hold up well at higher velocities. I've had such good luck with the 115 BST, I just hate to waste powder and barrel life trying to find anything better. The 115, .257 caliber Ballistic Tip holds up better than most people think. For hunting whitetail, hogs, coyotes, etc.., they work wonderfully. If I were to go after large, thick skinned game, I'd look at something a little tougher though.
Posted By: RJM Re: 257 weatherby - 12/15/15
As posted above the 120 Speer with 70.0 grains of RL-25 is getting 3175 from the 26" barrel and .3 MOA. Didn't take 25 rounds to find the right load so I am a ways from burning out the barrel. Also nice is the trajectory of the load perfectly matches the drop circles in the Shepherd scope. Running the numbers the Swift should be close.
Posted By: Sakoluvr Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
I am getting 3470 with the 110 accubonds over a Nosler book max charge of R-22. I have R-25 loaded but have not tried it yet.

Rem 700 26" factory tube.
Posted By: efw Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
100 gr monos are great in that cartridge; they really do nicely at those speeds.

A 117 Horn will do nicely also I just figure the allure of the Weatherbys is speed for "shock & awe".
Posted By: Reloader7RM Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
I've owned two 257Wby rifles and I'm having another built. The only reason I chose the cart was to be able to hold on hair to 400. Here at home we hunt right of ways and due to terrain, 400ish is usually about the most range one can get(hills). You simply don't have time to range or spin turrets in these conditions. Heck, you don't even have time to touch the rifle some days. 100s at 3700 work really well for that style of hunting. They also work really well in open areas where you do have time to do all the fun stuff. Definitely not the best choice for long range wind bucking chores, but lightning for short range chores. Then again, there's always a 115 VLD at 3500....

[Linked Image]

loder
Posted By: SKane Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
Originally Posted by Reloader7RM
I've owned two 257Wby rifles and I'm having another built. The only reason I chose the cart was to be able to hold on hair to 400. Here at home we hunt right of ways and due to terrain, 400ish is usually about the most range one can get(hills). You simply don't have time to range or spin turrets in these conditions. Heck, you don't even have time to touch the rifle some days. 100s at 3700 work really well for that style of hunting. They also work really well in open areas where you do have time to do all the fun stuff. Definitely not the best choice for long range wind bucking chores, but lightning for short range chores. Then again, there's always a 115 VLD at 3500....

Precisely the same reason I built mine - hair (or just a tish off) to 400.
3640 with the 100's out of a 26" tube just plain gets it done.
It sure does Scott.

Here's a short range example of 100TTSXs @ 3700MV:

[Linked Image]

Boiler room hold to 350 and high shoulder at 400. Sure makes things easy.
I've really wanted to try out the 100 Grain Swift S2 on game, but have yet to get a tube that likes them. Hoping the new Rock will like that pill. .429 is a bit more appealing than the .357 of the TTSX, but it really doesn't matter for short range as we're only talking .7" difference at 400. I'd still like to run them through some meat and see how they behave at that speed.

Posted By: pointer Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
I've really wanted to try out the 100 Grain Swift S2 on game, but have yet to get a tube that likes them. Hoping the new Rock will like that pill. .429 is a bit more appealing than the .357 of the TTSX, but it really doesn't matter for short range as we're only talking .7" difference at 400. I'd still like to run them through some meat and see how they behave at that speed.

Have you tried the 80gr TTSX? Not a whole lot less BC and you could problem get thing pretty close to 4000fps.
Posted By: jwall Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15

The only reason I chose the cart was to be able to hold on hair to 400. Here at home we hunt right of ways and due to terrain, 400ish is usually about the most range one can get(hills).

You simply don't have time to range or spin turrets in these conditions. Heck, you don't even have time to touch the rifle some days.

Reloader 7 -

I'm NOT being critical of others, just sincere.

Some who participate on the 'fire' just don't understand the principle you're talking about.

Even in pasture areas, semi-open terrain, we don't have time to--
1. use binos
2. use rangefinder
3. READ trajectory card (on butt stock)
4. turn turrets
5. aim/shoot.

I've 'never' used my rangefinder on game BEFORE shooting. I range FROM the animal or position BACK to where I was.

Many Xs I range objects at different distances to get some idea how far they are BEFORE spotting game.

I've been using MPBR with 270 and 7 RM for many years. At 400 yds I never hold OVER the back line.

Jerry
Very true Jerry. Different style of hunting for sure and one must adapt if they intend to be successful.

I hear ya on the binos as well. I carry mine every hunt for late or early scanning and to tell antler size in those low light conditions. They cost me a nice buck this season. He was gone before I could steady the rifle.
Originally Posted by pointer
Have you tried the 80gr TTSX? Not a whole lot less BC and you could problem get thing pretty close to 4000fps.

No, I sure haven't, but I spoke to a guy that uses them in a Blaser 257Wby at 3800 and claims they are pure death even on large body MD and WT. He claimed to have killed many well over 200lb and had absolute faith in that pill.
Posted By: SKane Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
Originally Posted by jwall

Many Xs I range objects at different distances to get some idea how far they are BEFORE spotting game.

Jerry, it's pretty rare for me to range a deer too (or have the opportunity to do so). I generally know distances based on landmarks etc. that I've ranged prior to a deer showing up.

And all the ranging helps pass the time. smile
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
This thread is of interest to me. I've not owned a quarter bore, but always thought the speed queen 257 would be a great choice for deer.

Recoil wise...rifle weight will play a role in this, but how well are you 257 Wby shooters able to stay on a deer and watch impact? Or at the least - be behind the scope after recoil?

Posted By: jwall Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
Very true Jerry. Different style of hunting for sure and one must adapt if they intend to be successful.

I hear ya on the binos as well. I carry mine every hunt for late or early scanning and to tell antler size in those low light conditions. They cost me a nice buck this season. He was gone before I could steady the rifle.

Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by jwall

Jerry, it's pretty rare for me to range a deer too (or have the opportunity to do so). I generally know distances based on landmarks etc. that I've ranged prior to a deer showing up.

And all the ranging helps pass the time. smile

Thnx Guys

Jerry
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg
This thread is of interest to me. I've not owned a quarter bore, but always thought the speed queen 257 would be a great choice for deer.

Recoil wise...rifle weight will play a role in this, but how well are you 257 Wby shooters able to stay on a deer and watch impact? Or at the least - be behind the scope after recoil?

As you mentioned, it obviously has to do with rifle weight. One of my previous 257s was a heavy LSS with a ZC 4.5-14x44 in DDs. That rifle had a really thick Super Cell recoil pad and was an absolute pu$$y cat recoil wise. I wouldn't say I could stay on target for hits like a heavy varmint setup or moderate cart that's braked, but it had recoil that seemed along the lines of a 25-06 or light weight 243 to me. My other 257 was much lighter and had sharper recoil similar to a 8lb 30-06 or 7RM.
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
Thanks reloader. This would be a wood and blued gun, tripping the scales at 9+ pounds.
Posted By: efw Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
That about covers all the hunting I do near my home
Posted By: AggieDog Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
I have a Rem 700 in 257 wby loaded with 100 gr TTSX's and 75 - 76 gr of Ramshot Magnum. I use it on wild pigs and they work great.
Posted By: Dustylongshot Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
I have been using 70 grains of IMR 7828 since 1984 when introduced, behind a Sierra 117 grain Pro Hunter. Super accurate and deadly. I have a 17 3/4" Pronghorn hanging on the wall from this load.
Posted By: AggieDog Re: 257 weatherby - 12/16/15
On an interesting note, I just went to Barnes Bullets website, and looked at their updated reload data on the 257 weatherby, and it looks like on the data, they have backed off significantly on load data maximum's from their printed number 4 reload Book.
AS an example, on Magnum, now they list 73.5 as the max load.
Posted By: Bighorn Re: 257 weatherby - 12/17/15
Also note that in their current data, they list a max. load for RL22 and the 100 gr. TSX at 69 grains.

Myself, and I suspect many others who shoot the .257 Wby, have been loading 72 gr. for years, with success.
Posted By: VernAK Re: 257 weatherby - 12/17/15
Now you guys have me thinking....once in a while I have an opportunity to get a shot at a wolf without time for ranging etc.....I've never even seen 257 Weatherby that I remember. That Ruger #1 seems like it would be handy in the truck....good winter thoughts.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: 257 weatherby - 12/17/15
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Also note that in their current data, they list a max. load for RL22 and the 100 gr. TSX at 69 grains.

Myself, and I suspect many others who shoot the .257 Wby, have been loading 72 gr. for years, with success.

The old Weatherby Guides, last published in 1985 was (is) a great source of load data, as they always cited pressure and factory equivalent loads using Norma MRP which is the twin of RL-22. The data there lists 71.3 grains of MRP for a factory equivalent load for the 100grain load and it's spot on on all three of my 257 Weatherbys, two MKVx and one Howa. I've also been able to duplicate the 300, 340 & 7mm Weatherby almost to a tee with the factory loads.
Posted By: 79S Re: 257 weatherby - 12/17/15
Originally Posted by Bighorn

I noticed that too they were using 66.0 grains of imr 7828with 115. Versus everyone else was using 70grains with cup and core I tired 70grs with the 115tsx and shot just fine no pressure and a very accurate load I'm thinking of increasing the charge at .5 gr increments.
Posted By: JSmith62198 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/17/15
Mine loves 110 accubonds loaded hot. I haven't had a deer take a step yet, but I'm not shooting over 400 usually. Other than the cost I haven't found a better caliber for deer.
Posted By: kroo88 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/17/15
Around 1988 I had a friends Hornady Reloading Manual circa 1973. I searched the ballistics tables for the flattest round to 500 yards.
The 87 and 100gr SP out of the 257 Wby are the two flattest rounds in the book. Nothing, including the Swift are in its league.
Had one built out of a BDL 25-06 back then with a Burris Signature 3-12 on it. The coyotes on the SD reservations hated that gun.
Posted By: RJM Re: 257 weatherby - 12/18/15
I know most shooters don't use these guns as a sit in place prairie dog gun but was just wondering what the life expectancy of a barrel would be especially with 3500+ fps loads. I remember some articles long ago that stated that by the time one worked up a great shooting load it was time for a new barrel.

Bob
Posted By: Azshooter Re: 257 weatherby - 12/18/15
A bore scope can sure tell a story. The barrel is a 1 in 10 twist 3 groove SS 257 lilja chambered for the 257 Weatherby. It has been retired with 836 max pressure rounds through it. Used 115 Berger vlds till they began to become destroyed at round count 550 then switched to moly'ed 115s then had to switch to moly 110 accubonds. The view through the borescope is a horror show.

Throat is cracked like a dry clay pond with tiny squares and cracks/crazing everywhere. There are also fissures that run longitudinally along with the cracks for 18" up the bore!!! It cleans up with DAYS of soaking and pushing patches with Bore tech eliminator. It takes several foulers to straighten it out and much past 25 rounds it begins to open up.

I retired this barrel after realizing it has limited shooting before it opens up. It may be rebored/rifled to a larger bore in time.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 12/18/15
This schit is pretty fhuqking funny!

I wonder where the 73grs of '22 and 100X(XLC being the pick of the litter),came from?!? Laughing!

I've shot more 257Wby than everyone on this Thread bolted together. Hint.

Lemme letcha' in on a little "secret",in that there isn't a 25cal boolit worth a fhuqk,as BC goes. The "excitement" over dog schit NPT's and other Nerf loads is a hoot! 25yrs ago when everything else sucked too,it were viable,but now it is very easy to slap around in a multitude of ways...because it has been surpassed by boolit offerings on both sides of it's sizing. Hint.

A 22" SAAMI Montucky 243Win will squirt a .434 BC Skinner at 3350fps with '17. The 243AI will do 3500fps. The 6-284 will do 3600fps...if only as starters. Hint.

I hear good thangs about 105's too. Hint.

No schit...some dumbfhuqk touts the .388 BC Sierra 117 Pro-Hunter as being "flat"?!? Who dresses you dumbfhuqks?!? Wow.

Bullets matter farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more than headstamps and when there are no good bullets available to a given bore size,then all things wearing it's headstamp suck,by inherent default. Hint.

I see noone was dumb enough to mention wind.

Re-hint.

Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

I'm looking forward to the Silence,Excuses and even more Dumbfhuqkery...in no particular order.

Laughing!........................
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/18/15
Talking the 90 Lapua at 3350? Would be interested in the load if you don't mind sharing
Posted By: Axtell Re: 257 weatherby - 12/18/15

Lemme letcha' in on a little "secret",in that there isn't a 25cal boolit worth a fhuqk,as BC goes. The "excitement" over dog schit NPT's and other Nerf loads is a hoot! 25yrs ago when everything else sucked too,it were viable,but now it is very easy to slap around in a multitude of ways...because it has been surpassed by boolit offerings on both sides of it's sizing. Hint.

How many 10's of thousands of rounds did you need to figger that out.

Posted By: 1Nut Re: 257 weatherby - 12/18/15
[Linked Image]
Posted By: AggieDog Re: 257 weatherby - 12/18/15
Stick,
I wont tell the coyotes and wild pigs that the 257 wby and 25-06AI dont work anymore..............
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/18/15
Heck, I just wanna know how someone gets the 90 to 3350
Posted By: aksheepguy Re: 257 weatherby - 12/18/15
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I wonder where the 73grs of '22 and 100X(XLC being the pick of the litter),came from?!? Laughing!

A 22" SAAMI Montucky 243Win will squirt a .434 BC Skinner at 3350fps with '17. The 243AI will do 3500fps. The 6-284 will do 3600fps...if only as starters. Hint.

No schit...some dumbfhuqk touts the .388 BC Sierra 117 Pro-Hunter as being "flat"?!? Who dresses you dumbfhuqks?!? Wow.

Bullets matter farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more than headstamps and when there are no good bullets available to a given bore size,then all things wearing it's headstamp suck,by inherent default. Hint.

Re-hint.

I'm looking forward to the Silence,Excuses and even more Dumbfhuqkery...in no particular order.

Titties,

You ain't telling us anything we don't know.
Posted By: bobnob17 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/18/15

I wonder where the 73grs of '22 and 100X(XLC being the pick of the litter)

Big Stick I'm not packing as much horsepower as a 257 Wby, shooting a 257 Sav AI with a 21 inch barrel.

How would the 100g X-bullet go at MV around 3150? (Which I'm pretty sure I can reach with R17?)

In your experience will it expand well enough in that velocity range out to say, 350y?

Regards.

Bob

Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15
Outdoor Ass,

What sorta speeds did '17 yield for you in the SAAMI 243 Montucky(s) you've gunned it in,with 90 Skinners? Google it. Laughing!

You Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkers are a hoot!

[Linked Image]

200's,Lapooey Three-oh-not-so-great false shoulders and a smooch. Google it.

[Linked Image]

Fairly fhuqking poignant,that a 10" SAAMI 243 is sucha Giant Killer and slaps things about so easily. Knowin' me,I prolly gun a smidge of 243AI too in a 22" and just mebbe a 23" 6-284 and a real long one at 24". But I shoot a coupla 6mm's. Hint. Google it.

[Linked Image]

If only in fairness...105's is where it's at. Google it.

Do NOT let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt and be sure to "tell" me more.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!...................

'tell,

Be sure to come in late,panhandle scraps and nip at heels.

Ooops...too late. Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

If only for conversation,I've shot 100's and 100's of thousands of rounds and am of course sandbagging more than a smidge.

Hint................

'nut,

GOOD fhuqking call,to not say ANYTHING In regards to The Rifle. I'll feign my "surprise",that's how it unfolded.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

'Aggie,

I shot a 257Wby once. Laughing!

Be careful here...at what speed mightcha' be launching the 100TTSX? What are the engagement distances,that swoon you? What glass/mounts steer this Mechanical Marvel? Wouldja' dare dangle a pic of the POS?!?

Laughing!

Besides whistlin' through (5) 257Wby Custom spouts,I've gots me a hunch,that I've gunned more than a smidge of 25-06AI,25-06,25-284,Better Bob and Bob,in no particular order,other than descending case capacity volumes.

Be sure to "tell" me about any/all of 'em,as it WILL be fhuqking funny. Hint.

Pull no punches and go for the throat.

Laughing!..................

sheepbitch,

Few things as compelling as The Do Nothing Gang using the highly esteemed "We" Clause,to substantiate their Dumbfhuqkery. Congratulations?!?

GREAT Time to share some pixels of your 243,243AI,6-284 and 257Wby's and spare no "particulars". Laughing!

I remain torn on what is funnier,the silence or the fhuqking Excuses.

Bless your heart...................

'17,

I've never had an X boolit wrong me. As to the .257" 100X's in particular,the XLC is THE pick of the litter and I've copious faith in it's inherent mettle and abilities.

'17 is too slow in the application and '15 is KING there. Your cited velocity,will grant you impacts well above 2200fps and I've inserted truckloads of 'em shy of that. Exits are a given and breaking bone is cheap insurance. From day one(when only .375" 270's were available) I've shot X's different than anything else,in that I'm EXPRESSLY seeking to disrupt skeletal structuring and ask them to do,what others won't/can't. Launched in sucha way,they reliably freeze schit in it's tracks.

Of all the boolits I've ever shot,the .257" 100XLC is the hardest on steel plate. Them wicked Blue Meanies dig like nothing else.

I'd MUCH rather tote a 6-250,International,Creed',XC or whatever one wishes to call a case of that length nowadays. That again due to projectile selection and the availability of vastly superior BC's.

I LOVE the schit outta my 20" Brux 1-8" no-turn 6BR Montucky and 105's at a "paltry" 2700fps smooch launch.

[Linked Image]

My 18.5" Bart' 1-8" 6x45 launches the 105 Smooch at 2525fps and is just simply stupid silly in the Precision Department.

It sets next to a 1-8" MTU-esque Kreiger 6-06(.530 BC at 3350fps).

[Linked Image]

Bullets,bullets,bullets and roughly in that order.

Not that a 22-250AI slingin' 75A-Max smooches at 3450fps+ sucks.(grin)

2nd from top is a Krieger 1-7.7" 23" fluted #4 22-250AI,bottom is a 1-8" Liljee contour dupe at 22 chambered same.

Prolly a 1-8" Brux 243AI at 22" up top,for more 105 extrapolations.

[Linked Image]

Mebbe the gals will get brazen enough to "tell" me "more".(grin)

Gun the dainty Quarterbore with a warm/fuzzy...just don't drive a .224" or .243" on the same case next to it,or you WILL be pissed.(grin)

Poke a 6x MQ aboard same and live more than a little.

Hint.............
Posted By: bobnob17 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15
Thanks I'll get Santa onto some R15 and try to round up some blue bullets too.

Merry.

Posted By: TheBigSky Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15
Re-hint.

Allow me to translate everybody (this could be applied to all of Big Stick's posts).

If you don't do it the way I (Big Stick) do it, you are a moron and you suck (include expletives of course).

Hey everybody, look at me (Big Stick) (include expletives of course).

Mine's (Big Stick's item) better than yours is, na na na nana (include expletives of course).

If you said you did something, you are lying, um, because you aren't me (Big Stick) (include expletives of course).

I'm (Big Stick is) better than you are, na na na nana (include expletives of course).

Now include derogatory allegation about your wife, children, self-sexual indulgence, blah, blah, blah (include expletives of course).

You are entertaining Big Stick, I'll give you that.
Posted By: aksheepguy Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15
Titties,

Amazing talk! When you are on the slope, does your PPE include a BRO? Google it. Laughin'. Here's what's amazing: Your dumb kchunt has been up here in Alaska for how long now, yet you have never experienced any of it! What a hard charger you are. There is a reason you are at dick height. GOOD TALK.
Posted By: Axtell Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15
If only for conversation,I've shot 100's and 100's of thousands of rounds and am of course sandbagging more than a smidge.

Hint................

WOW +P+++,

most would have figgered it out before the expenditure of 10's of thousands of dollars and 100's of thousands of boolits.

Oh, what camo pattern is that on your smooch launchers.............disco fever
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15
Killed this Texas Whitetail with a Remington M 700 .257 Wby. Used a 117 gr Sierra flat base and the shot was around 125 yds.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: 1Nut Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15

'nut,

GOOD fhuqking call,to not say ANYTHING In regards to The Rifle. I'll feign my "surprise",that's how it unfolded.

Hint.

Laughing!...............

Chesticles,

Like it would do any good to even attempt to talk about what I've done with ANYTHING in regards to the rife with you, of all persons...

By the way, been getting 3150 with N160 and nekked 90 Skinners out of my plain 'ol 243 20". Not bad for one of the first loads tried. Might be worth seeing what might happen to a deer with that load, if I can get my M1 to accurately indicate ups...probably will miss by a first down at 400...everybody knows a Super Chicken is the only way to hit anything. Serious business..

Got some 105s coming via Pony Express. Will see what I can do with those as well. Might sell a Mossberg, Savage and Remmy 710 to finance the good stuff like you got. Might be the only way I ever kill a critter someday.
Posted By: AggieDog Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15
One thing about the 257 Roy, it thumps things pretty good.
Nice.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15
Yes,it does. Just from my limited experience from using the cartridge.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15
'17,

That plunge,is a given...............

TheBitchingSniveler,

PLEASE find me "mistaken"...it will be funnier than fhuqk.

Hint.

Laughing!.................

'sheepbitch,

Weren't my intent to horn you up,but you sappy Do Nothing Kchunts always default to cramming things in your mouth and ass. Congratulations?!?

I'll feign my "surprise",that even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you...knows better than to try and say anything in particular about The Rifle.

Looking forward to your next Whine and even more Excuses.

Bless your heart.

Laughing!................

'tell,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please.

You Do Nothing Heel Nipping Dumbfhuqks are a riot!

Laughing!..............

elkchunt,

Bitchin' Buck! What did it score in Coke Bottle & Crockett?

Them 117's rock!

'nut,

No need to perpetually reiterate,how amazingly wellfounded your insecurities are.

One thing is for CERTAIN about you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks and that's when it's all said and done...there will have been a fhuqk of a LOT more said,than done.

Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess,as you set mired in your amazing fhuqking stupidity and flaunt your Imagination and it's Pretend. What's an M1?!? Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

Hint.

Laughing!......................

'Aggie,

Once again,because it will be funnier than fhuqk:

"Be careful here...at what speed mightcha' be launching the 100TTSX? What are the engagement distances,that swoon you? What glass/mounts steer this Mechanical Marvel? Wouldja' dare dangle a pic of the POS?!?"

Don't be ascared.

Laughing!.......................

Posted By: HEB330 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/19/15

Allow me to translate everybody (this could be applied to all of Big Stick's posts).

If you don't do it the way I (Big Stick) do it, you are a moron and you suck (include expletives of course).

Hey everybody, look at me (Big Stick) (include expletives of course).

Mine's (Big Stick's item) better than yours is, na na na nana (include expletives of course).

If you said you did something, you are lying, um, because you aren't me (Big Stick) (include expletives of course).

I'm (Big Stick is) better than you are, na na na nana (include expletives of course).

Now include derogatory allegation about your wife, children, self-sexual indulgence, blah, blah, blah (include expletives of course).

You are entertaining Big Stick, I'll give you that. [/quote]

E.F. Hutton couldn't have said it better.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 12/20/15
Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't. Hint.

Them who Whine the most,"do" the least and them Whining Kchunts have tender feelers along with copious insecurities. They's quick to make Excuses for how Reality reliably collides with their Fantasy and are more than a little taken aback,by wares that actually exist. Hint.

Gunning for the Tiara crown in Kchuntfest 2015 is held in the very highest esteem,by more than a few and the gals are eagerly trying to out Hissy Fit one another,while giving all things germane to the crux THE widest of berths. Stupid Fhuqks are quick to bitch,moan,whine and complain...but more than a whole bunch fhuqking shy on knowledge,results or experience. Hint.

I'll feign my "surprise" that not a one of The Paper Hat Brigade dared cite rifle particulars,yet all fielded bitchin' Vagina Monologues. Bless their hearts. Hint. Laughing!

At least Imagination and Pretend are priced in accordance,so they can "contribute". Hint.

Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

Do not let he cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt. Looking forward to more Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as the "hard chargers" flaunt their fhuqking incredible STUPIDITY and brazenly schlep same to places it's never been before. Hint.

GOOD fhuqking call to Whine,rather than cite anything in regards to The Rifle. What were the "odds"?!? Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!

Wow +P+....................
Posted By: ingwe Re: 257 weatherby - 12/20/15
Thats a little abrasive....
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 12/20/15
Random pic.

[Linked Image]

What is that thing? And where can I hunt them that are already half skinned?

And did you shoot it with a .257Bee?

You can't post it here if you didn't.....
No,not shot with a .257 Wby. frown

It's a Super Uber Secret place,only certain .270 shooters know the exact area.
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

This hint gives it away. Gotta be someplace in San Francisco....

I have just the gun for it....

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by ingwe

This hint gives it away. Gotta be someplace in San Francisco....

I have just the gun for it....

[Linked Image]
That rifle would bring you...... whistle
How about this one...obviously " Stick Inspired"... grin

[Linked Image]
That critter you posted jarred my memory... I found one of those dead in a field in New Jersey once...

[Linked Image]
How about this one...obviously " Stick Inspired"... grin

[Linked Image]
Looks wonderful,them SF'ers would just piss there shorts with that one.

How about this one....

[Linked Image]

Wait a minute.....

I think that coyote is dead......
That critter you posted jarred my memory... I found one of those dead in a field in New Jersey once...

[Linked Image]
You know,think that is a breed of double-horned unicorn.

Then its rare, and I should have kept it????
Wait a minute.....

Nope, it ate chili with beans.....
Yup,kept mine. wink
Wait a minute.....

That'll kill it....

Reminds me...Ingwewife is making proper chili today! laugh

A recipe from New Mexico no less!
Yup,kept mine. wink

well, if you have one it can't be too rare...
Wait a minute.....

That'll kill it....

Reminds me...Ingwewife is making proper chili today! laugh

A recipe from New Mexico no less!
Knew Ingwewife was smart,with her being from NM. cool
Yup,kept mine. wink

well, if you have one it can't be too rare...
Had two,the other ran away. cry

[Linked Image]

Ingwewife is not from New Mexico she is from Montucky. And you know she was smart by virtue of the fact she married me. grin

She found one of those unicorn critters too...

[Linked Image]

and a weiner dog...

Ingwewife is not from New Mexico she is from Montucky. And you know she was smart by virtue of the fact she married me. grin

She found one of those unicorn critters too...

[Linked Image]

and a weiner dog...
She's not from NM,well,she's still smart even though she married you. wink grin

She married me cause she likes to hunt and fish, and I know where the neat schitt, like Unicorns, hang out.....

BTW the weiner dog tasted GREAT! grin
Gotcha. wink

Do weiner dogs taste like chicken?
Posted By: 1Nut Re: 257 weatherby - 12/20/15
Obviously that wiener dog is tired from chasing down that unicorn. Must be akin to a Tasmanian devil. I hope he was spared as I would like to purchase him. Or maybe offer a 270 in trade? Ingwe needs another 270.
Bad news,the weiner dog has met a most unpleasant end. It was the guest of honor at a luncheon with Ingwe and Ingwewife. eek
You will smoke a turd in hell for that and odd story with the weiner dog. Yeah, he was our tracker on a couple trips to Africa and he was damn good at it, but on that particular gemsbok he came running back to us halfway through the track with a jackal on his ass wanting to eat him. Not wanting to make noise I literally had to kick the jackal off him....we finished the track, got the critter and who should show up again but that jackal, trying to get the dog. That is such uncharacteristic behavior, and noise was no longer an issue, so I shot the jackal with a solid ....couldnt get anybody to touch him for a photo as his behavior was considered bad juju....
Posted By: AggieDog Re: 257 weatherby - 12/20/15
Ingwe, that from southern Texas? Ever been on the Conoco Dude Ranch south of San Antonio? Loaded with African game.

more serious, how many hunts did you go on in Africa?
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/20/15
What sorta speeds did '17 yield for you in the SAAMI 243 Montucky(s) you've gunned it in,with 90 Skinners? Google it. Laughing!

200's,Lapooey Three-oh-not-so-great false shoulders and a smooch. Google it

Fairly fhuqking poignant,that a 10" SAAMI 243 is sucha Giant Killer and slaps things about so easily

My Googling skills turn up a few loads of 17 behind the 90 Lapua, but nobody seems to touch (or discuss) the 3350 mark. I've seen mention of 3100, maybe some 3200 or 3225. Why no talk of getting the 90 to 3350?

A 90 "skinner" clocked at 3350 out of a 22in barreled 243 win sure would make a man reconsider the 257 Wby. Not saying those numbers can't be reached, but I don't see anyone else talking about similar velocities.

Would you rather have:

1) The 90 Lapua running at (hypothetically) 3350.
2) The 115 Nosler Blue BTip running at a (real world) 3400.

.434 Lapua BC
.452 Nosler BC

Thats all I've got. And on paper, I kinda want the Nosler with a little extra weight, faster wings, and more BC.

In the field, I don't think deer sized game wants either of them.
Originally Posted by AggieDog
Ingwe, that from southern Texas? Ever been on the Conoco Dude Ranch south of San Antonio? Loaded with African game.

more serious, how many hunts did you go on in Africa?

Nope! Ive hunted Texas for Axis, pigs, javelina, but never African Game. Did 6 trips to Africa for that grin
Posted By: TATELAW Re: 257 weatherby - 12/20/15
OutdoorAg,

I read an article online about some testing done, I think by Litz, about real world BCs vs those listed by manufacturers. Nosler was the worst in variance, and the 115BT was one of the worst from Nosler. IIRC the tested BC on the 115 was .409 instead of the listed .452 given by Nosler. I still used the 115 in my 25-06AI and it's a great killer.
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/20/15
Good to know. That swings the pendulum back towards the 90 Lapua coming out of the 243...should 3300 be a possibility in a 22inch SAMMI chamber.
I never got to hunt it, but I was there for a meeting one week.

The airstrip for small aircraft was up and down hills, you know how the Hill Country is. How any pilot landed on that strip is beyond me!

I like the Hill Country of Texas! Going back in a month for night calling of predators and some pig hunting.
Posted By: AussieGunWriter Re: 257 weatherby - 12/20/15
Originally Posted by RJM
I know most shooters don't use these guns as a sit in place prairie dog gun but was just wondering what the life expectancy of a barrel would be especially with 3500+ fps loads. I remember some articles long ago that stated that by the time one worked up a great shooting load it was time for a new barrel.

Bob

I have owned and loaded for 4 of them and best accuracy was maintained for about 800 rounds and the next 200 recorded notable drop off in accuracy with the barrels chewed out at 1000+.

These days I use a 7mm Remington Magnum in its place and when loaded using the 110gn TTSX and 120 grain TTSX bullets, is an equal performer in the field.
I never have hunted there but the Hill Country looks like an awesome place to hunt. Lots of cover for game. I could be a resident there easily.

We have some rangeland locally in nor cal that I spend time hunting coyotes, etc. Used to be good blacktail deer hunting but that s another story.
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/22/15
with the barrels chewed out at 1000+.

Thats a lifetime of deer hunting, and a number I'll take. With other calibers in house to plink with, the 257 Wby could be for pure hunting enjoyment.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: 257 weatherby - 12/22/15
It's my favorite caliber for deer. I can tell you that I've never had a deer take a single step after being shot with one at ranges from fifty to just a bit over 350. The little 100gr Hornady Interlock holds together remarkably well, given the speeds and of course pass throughs are not there at the shorter ranges and a bot more meat damage on the shoulders. I've since switched to the TTSX and I always get pass throughs but the same DRT effect.
Posted By: pete53 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/27/15
guys I have spent many days and years developing my 257 weatherby handloads in about 10 different type of rifles some factory guns some custom guns.sure the custom guns usally shot the best, have noticed some Remington bolt rifles don`t like higher pressures, the old Winchester model pre-64 does and ruger number 1`s seem to handle the most pressure. I have had a manufacture of ammo test my load and says for sammi specs I am at max but still safe. I have killed a lot of animals with my load and my son has too. we use as I said before 100 gr. swift a-frame bullets and shoot a velocity of 3800 fps. the 257 weatherby is just one heck of a flat shooter killin round , I own all other cartridges mention and many more, but my go to rifle for deer is always my ruger number 1 in 257 weatherby . now is it the best cartridge out there to shoot deer with ? maybe -maybe not ? many of us just like this cartridge a lot and really don`t care who doesn`t like it ,but you can bet the 257 weatherby will be in my deer stand and will always go west when I hunt deer too !
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 12/27/15
Originally Posted by pete53
guys I have spent many days and years developing my 257 weatherby handloads in about 10 different type of rifles some factory guns some custom guns.sure the custom guns usally shot the best, have noticed some Remington bolt rifles don`t like higher pressures, the old Winchester model pre-64 does and ruger number 1`s seem to handle the most pressure. I have had a manufacture of ammo test my load and says for sammi specs I am at max but still safe. I have killed a lot of animals with my load and my son has too. we use as I said before 100 gr. swift a-frame bullets and shoot a velocity of 3800 fps. the 257 weatherby is just one heck of a flat shooter killin round , I own all other cartridges mention and many more, but my go to rifle for deer is always my ruger number 1 in 257 weatherby . now is it the best cartridge out there to shoot deer with ? maybe -maybe not ? many of us just like this cartridge a lot and really don`t care who doesn`t like it ,but you can bet the 257 weatherby will be in my deer stand and will always go west when I hunt deer too !

You "Lucky" Kchunt...Santy Claws brought you (6) boxes of Stupid and you opened them all. Congratulations?!? Laughing!

Firstly,do "tell" about your "days and years" of Load Development in regards to the 257Wby. I ASSURE you,it will be funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

Secondly, do "tell" about your "sammi specs" Delusions. Nevermind that it's still SAAMI there dumbfhuqk. Hint.

Thirdly,do "tell" about how you make "pressure determinations" in "various rifles",along with your "sammi specs" and given the greenlight on those margins,how the Ruger was the "winner". Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Fourthly,do "tell" about how after both "days and years" of relentless "development",you lost a bet fhuqking big enough to be able to convince yourself that a 100gr .318BC bullet was "THE Grail". Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Fifthly,do "tell" about said rifle's "particulars",to include barrel make/type,bore diameters and length,along with throat geometry "nuances". Double dog dare to dangle pics of the pieces of fhuqking schit. Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Sixthly,do "tell" who this "manufacture of ammo" was,that granted these Delusions. Embellish as you must and use as much Imagination and Pretend as you dare/need. Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Seventhly,do "tell" about the "trevails" of The Stand and how those grueling demands factored into your "days and years" of unparalleled "research and development". Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Eigthly,do "tell" about the mount base/rings and glass selection,which adorn these heralded Death Rays. Spare NO "details",as this will be EPIC fhuqking hilarity. Hint.

Looking as much forward to the Silence,as I am more Excuses and outright bullschit fhuqking lies...though in no particular order. Hint. Laughing!

Now back to Reality.

For fhuqking conversation a S/A 700 based Brux 23" .236" bore 6-284 will scoot a .547BC at 3350fps. You'll haveta pardon such things ACTUALLY existing. Hint.

They look like this. I'd just shot an Otter in the head with it at 680yds.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pardon my groovin' on the colors.

[Linked Image]

As compared to a 22" Brux .236" 243AI and like weight projectiles at 3200fps and more magfed smooches. Pardon such things existing. Hint.

[Linked Image]

On the brightside,you can match S/A 6-284 performance on a L/A 700. .236" Krieger AMU-ish here,with DBM magfed smooches.

[Linked Image]

Anywhoo...it took (3) presses of the trigger and a "whopping" timeframe of less than 5-minutes,to arrange said load(.547 BC at 3350fps ala '200's,'22,a smooch and false shoulder finite headspace control) in the 6-284.

Assumin' an arbitrary 200yd zero for your "sammi special" at 3800fps with PingPong Balls and the cited short action,the short action has cut the 450fps velocity "advantage" to a paltry 9fps at the 300yd line. Though of course,nine fhuqking feet a second might really be sumptin',in a stand?!? Fhuqking laughing! Hint.

In fairness,the long action Magnum and it's extry 20grs of powder and 5grs less boolit weight,which yields that initial 450fps "advantage"...do ALMOST shoot a full one-inch flatter at the 400yd line with like zero. Although the short action drifts less starting within the 50yd line,then glaringly magnifies same by drifting but 59.7" at the 1000yd line,as compared to your sammi decade delusion's 118" at same,in like 10mph full value. Cheer up,the short action is "only" arriving the scene 157fps faster at the 400yd line. Fhuqking laughing! Hint.

At the 1000yd line the short action has CRUSHED the 450fps initial launch "advantage" and swung the pendulum the other way,to arrive 585fps faster for a 1035fps gross yield. Hell,but on the REALLY brightside,the sammi whammy does have NEARLY a full 50 foot lb of "energy" advantage at the 200yd line. Fhuqking laughing! Hint.

Best part is...all of it reliably sails over your pointy heads and sticks in the roof of your stand. Laughing!

Be sure to "tell" me about your 6-284's and 6-06's too. Laughing!

Now if only food for fhuqking thought,the 243AI will scoot them slickery 90 Skinners at 3500fps and with a like 200yd zero(or ANY other),slaps the sammi whammy fhuqking silly. 'Course nothing from Swift can begin to hang in the Precision Department either,if only for more conversation,that is beyond your means,abilities and comprehension to savvy. Hint.

There ain't too many Stupid Fhuqks that are STUPID enough,to "brag" about schleppin' a long action belted rifle and a long spout,just to be a distant second fiddle to a .473" short action round and it's magfed smooches. Congratulations?!?

Be sure to "tell" me more,as that was a very GOOD talk. Please know,that I will happily purchase from you,a video of you trying to tie your shoes and/or trying to sneak up on a glass of water. Cash on the barrel head,being given. Hint.

Laughing!

Wow +P++!

I just took a bow..........................
Posted By: Cougarz Re: 257 weatherby - 12/27/15
Wow, did somebody just open the door to the squirrel cage? crazy
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 12/28/15
I'll feign my "surprise",that yet another Whining Clueless Kchunt took time to skirt ALL things The Rifle.

Please find me "mistaken"...it WILL be funnier than fhuqk. The only thing you Stupid fhuqks shoot is your mouths and Imagination. It is impossible to trump the inherent oblivious hilarity of The Headstamp Gang,as they brazenly schlep STUPIDITY to new places,in order to make a "stand" that Stupidity ain't act,but rather a plight.

Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt and do not "forget" pics,as you savagely go for the throat without "mercy". I remain torn on which is funnier,the Silence or the Excuses?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Posted By: SKane Re: 257 weatherby - 12/28/15
I'll play. *grins*

3.1 Broughton tube, no jump.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: jorgeI Re: 257 weatherby - 12/28/15
Hell of a deer, sir.
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/28/15
In fairness,the long action Magnum and it's extry 20grs of powder and 5grs less boolit weight,which yields that initial 450fps "advantage"...do ALMOST shoot a full one-inch flatter at the 400yd line with like zero.

So would you say.. the 243 with 90s and 257Wby with 110s is a tie game for hunting 400 yards and under?
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/29/15
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Hell of a deer, sir.

WOW!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 12/29/15
'Kane,

You just went and fhuqked up her sammi whammy....by losing the leap.(grin)

Boolit? Speed? Brass? Powder? ES/SD? COAL? Schit glass is a given...what's the mounting system? Where's it zero'd? Spare no details!(grin)

I hate leetle pics and cain't make out any fhuqking details,but it could be a KS-ish 700 ADL,as a #3 plugs that landing quick. I never exceeded OEM contours in any of mine(Customs in 25-06,25-06AI and 257Wby).

Did it ever come close to hoppin' the fence?!?.................(grin)

WhoreHey,

Get a chance to shoot your highly touted 7Mag at a Critter yet?

Didn't think so.

Here's hopin' you believe in Reincarnation,so you can get some licks in on the next try.

Bless your heart!

Oopsie...don't "forget" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore and that you "can't read" this.

Laughing!...............

OutdoorDumbAss,

You STUPID fhuqks cite a boolit's "weight",like it even fhuqking matters. Sweetie,what matters is it's placement,integrity and form. Hint.

Here's hoping you are fhuqking STUPID enough to quip something about SD too. Laughing!

Were I to shift my brain to the lowest gear possible,so as to TRY and narrow the gap betwixt your highest gear...I'd surmise that a Fhuqking Do Nothin' Texan would get giddy about a .418BC .257" 110gr AccuBomb as her Trump Card?!?

Will that piece of fhuqking schit boolit in a 257Wby,offer terminal performance advantages over a 90gr Skinner in what I assume you were whining about in a SAAMI 243Win?!? Not no...but fhuqk no. The Skinner will outdig it and reliably.

Will that 90 Skinner stack schit dead at Flame throwin' distances? Yep.

Will that 90 Skinner stack schit dead at a paltry 400yds? Yep

Will it do it with less recoil,an extry round in the belly,in a shorter receiver,much shorter barrel,much less powder,superior handling parcel,less a belt and an increase in Precision and reduction in SD/ES? Well fhuqk yes,you ignorant kchunt.

Just who in the fhuqk,dresses you?!?

Wow +P++!.................

'1,

You suck a mean ass. Must be a Texan.

Congratulations?

Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/29/15
Thanks for your input. Good to chew on.
Posted By: SKane Re: 257 weatherby - 12/29/15
'Kane,

You just went and fhuqked up her sammi whammy....by losing the leap.(grin)

Boolit? Speed? Brass? Powder? ES/SD? COAL? Schit glass is a given...what's the mounting system? Where's it zero'd? Spare no details!(grin)

I hate leetle pics and cain't make out any fhuqking details,but it could be a KS-ish 700 ADL,as a #3 plugs that landing quick. I never exceeded OEM contours in any of mine(Customs in 25-06,25-06AI and 257Wby).

Did it ever come close to hoppin' the fence?!?.................(grin)

laugh laugh laugh

We cut a hole in the fence to him out.

100gr TSX / 73gr R22 / 3640 / COAL 3.190 / WBY brass / ES-8 and called it good. X250

I'm quite partial to the KS but the landing/contour you cited is the reason for the Bansner.

Glass is VXIII 3.5x10 in Talley's. whistle

Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/29/15
100gr TSX / R22 / 3640

Those are some nice, deer killing numbers.
Posted By: HEB330 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/30/15
Hell of a deer, SKANE.

Funny how folks painfully debate an inch or two trajectory or 1200 vs 1800 ft/lbs of energy at 400 yards. I'd be willing to wager a large sum that no whitetail or mule deer walking the earth will be able to tell you the difference in what killed them if you place a 90 grain Scirocco at 3250 from a 243 WIN or a 100 grain Scirocco at 3575 from a 257 Weatherby where it is supposed to go, whether it is 50 yards or 450. And saying that X bullet with a .xxx BC is better is nothing but gibberish. Bang all the steel at 1000 or explode Pepsi cans at 600 that you want, or wax on about dialing at 1500 yards, but cleanly killing animals at realistic yardages is another chat.

In fairness,the long action Magnum and it's extry 20grs of powder and 5grs less boolit weight,which yields that initial 450fps "advantage"...do ALMOST shoot a full one-inch flatter at the 400yd line with like zero.

So would you say.. the 243 with 90s and 257Wby with 110s is a tie game for hunting 400 yards and under?
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 257 weatherby - 12/30/15
Used a 90 Skinner once in a .240. Chest shot a WT doe at a hundred yds or so. Liquefied the chest cavity, even had corn floating around in the goop. Solid chest hit, not even close to the diaphragm.

Clean up was such a mess, never again used that bullet on a WT. May be OK at .243 speeds but I don't have a .243, the .240 is my only 6mm.

Was a DRT, BTW...

DF

Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/30/15
Fine, fine.

243AI it is.

22in barrel.

Gotta order some 90 Skinners.

Now what powder/primer to push those slippery pills to 3400?
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
Don't let the blowhard talk you out of what You want. 20 grains of powder doesn't cost much if you want to burn it.
The money he spent on rifles in his pictures would buy you more powder than you'll shoot in a lifetime.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
'Ag,

The only thing for certain about you "hard chargers",is that when it's all said and done...there will have been a fhuqk of a lot more said,than done.

Bless your heart.

None of this schit is Rocket Surgery and no amount of Whining will change the FACTS in regards to Today's .257" projectile offerings,as compared to bore sizing on either side of same. There is simply nothing in the ranks,that will let it hang with others and for it to even come close,one must shovel copious amounts of added propellant and concession,to still be fhuqking second fiddle. Hint.

Though many are seemingly convinced,that added decibels,increased recoil levels and reduced mag capacity...equate to improved terminal affects,which sure as fhuqk is NOT the case. Pun be intended. Hint.

Now if the only salient points your pointy head was able to gather,was to sail off into the sunset with a fresh 243AI build to squirt 90 Skinners,you are even a DUMBER Fhuqk than I "credited" you for and I had the needle pinned on FULL Fhuqking Retard. Hint.

The Skinner was cited as an interim mainstay,due Manufacturer dumbfhuqkery,which "offers" 243Win's chambered by more than a few in only a 1-10" RPM. Stability is a function of length,not weight and that Skinner is the best pitch in that schitty twist rate. An OEM SAAMI 243Win Montucky will easily best 3350fps with same ala '17,moly,Lapooey 308 false shoulders and a 200 fueled smooch in da' box. If only as plainly cited prior. Hint.

Everyone with 13 IQ Points or better,easily gathered that 105's are where it's at in said bore sizing,as there are a host of splendid projectiles ripe for the pickin' in that realm. To do so will take a slow 9" or better RPM and both Big Green and Ruger happily provide same over the counter,with throats dimensioned in accords to mag confines. Ruger tosses the most favors,due it's increased COAL latitude in direct comparison and greater opportunity to chase lands down the road. Hint.

A POS Ruger Boat Paddle 243Win will slap a 257Wby around,due simply to boolits. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Given a choice in a 9" or greater RPM spout,it's ALWAYS gonna be 105's over a 90. That rugged reliable 105's abound,grant a .530BC and are 20 Clams per 100,do not compromise the equation. Hint.

They dig/exit and do Critters NO fhuqking favors,whether near or far. Only 550yds here.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I realize this is all for naught,as you are talking out your ass and well devoid the means,ability or comprehension to follow suit. Hint.

Luckily for you,Imagination and Pretend are free...so you can afford to "contribute".

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!...............

'Kane,

I reckon good wire cutters are one of the first things you boys toss in your pockets.(grin)

Unfortunately,I was never able to get the 100X to go that slow in any of my 257Wby's...though my 25-06AI liked the Blue Meanies right at 3600fps on the nose. Shot bajillions of 'em in all of my 25-284's(22,23 and 24") at 3400fps or better.

The KS is a right proper fair to middlin' handle and do nice thangs,as long as you don't poke too much recoil into them(frail tangs on mine at 25oz). Were I starting over and trying to fill a L/A KS handle,it'd be in a 22" MR contour 1-8" 6-06,wearing DD's and a 6x MQ. It's sub 6Mils to the 1000yd line from a 250yd zero,10 Mils is 1275yds and 5Mils of 10mph full value wind transpires at the 1800yd line.

As an aside,how you's steerin' them lazy 100X's? Reticle? CDS? BDC? The Force? Or do you have Strategic Haybales set up,so you never have to contend anything beyond zero?(grin)

This schit is all "new" to me.

'330,

For starters,it's tough to get horned up about ANY Swift boolits. Hint.

Despite your being devoid the paltry faculties to realize same,not all things is equal. Hint.

Boolits matter more than a smidge,in both their relative mettle and aero form. Hint.

You may find it a touch more than just a little unsettling...so BRACE yourself,but I have killed a Critter at more than one distance,with more than one chambering and more than one boolit. You could not begin to fhuqking fathom the carnage,number of rifles,chamberings,twist rates,throat geometries or rolls of tape to just cover them muzzles. Hint.

"Tell" me more,I assure you it WILL be fhuqking funny! Hint.

Bless your heart.

'farmer,

Might you be hinting that projectile selection do matter?!?

Jeezus Fhuqk...no schit?!?

Wow +P++!....................

'7,

You tell her!

Laughing!

Who dresses you STUPID Fhuqks?!?

I'll feign my "surprise",that even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,KNEW better than to try to say anything in particular about The Rifle. Always entertaininger than fhuqk,to have you Do Nothing Kchunts wax eloquent on all the things you almost did,the wares almost used and the places almost visited.

Congratulations?!?

Laughing!

Cheer up...it's a 7 Whizzum day here,as the Northerly is welllllllllll beyond "brisk".

Film at 11:00....................
Posted By: SKane Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15

'Kane,

I reckon good wire cutters are one of the first things you boys toss in your pockets.(grin)

Unfortunately,I was never able to get the 100X to go that slow in any of my 257Wby's...though my 25-06AI liked the Blue Meanies right at 3600fps on the nose. Shot bajillions of 'em in all of my 25-284's(22,23 and 24") at 3400fps or better.

The KS is a right proper fair to middlin' handle and do nice thangs,as long as you don't poke too much recoil into them(frail tangs on mine at 25oz). Were I starting over and trying to fill a L/A KS handle,it'd be in a 22" MR contour 1-8" 6-06,wearing DD's and a 6x MQ. It's sub 6Mils to the 1000yd line from a 250yd zero,10 Mils is 1275yds and 5Mils of 10mph full value wind transpires at the 1800yd line.

As an aside,how you's steerin' them lazy 100X's? Reticle? CDS? BDC? The Force? Or do you have Strategic Haybales set up,so you never have to contend anything beyond zero?(grin)

This schit is all "new" to me.

I had the stock altered to house a wirecutter for just such emergencies. grin

"The KS is a right proper fair to middlin' handle and do nice thangs,as long as you don't poke too much recoil into them(frail tangs on mine at 25oz). Were I starting over and trying to fill a L/A KS handle,it'd be in a 22" MR contour 1-8" 6-06,wearing DD's and a 6x MQ. It's sub 6Mils to the 1000yd line from a 250yd zero,10 Mils is 1275yds and 5Mils of 10mph full value wind transpires at the 1800yd line."

I could very well like this a bunch.

No frills in the reticle on the Wby - straight duplex. Tis meant to be a point and shoot and it works quite well for that application - though it doesn't get hunted all that much.

Now, I may have recently more than considered a .243 to step in for the Wby for sitting in said hay bales. Thinking you'd approve - except for the bullet I'd like to drive so I'll just keep that one a secret for now. grin

[Linked Image]

Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
Now if the only salient points your pointy head was able to gather,was to sail off into the sunset with a fresh 243AI build to squirt 90 Skinners,you are even a DUMBER Fhuqk than I "credited" you for.

And here I thought I was on the right track pairing the 87 VMax and 90 Lapua as a nice 1-2 punch for paper and hide.

I'll crawl back in my shallow, dark, low ceiling cave of rifle knowledge.
Posted By: HEB330 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
From your quote I presume you are responding to the Alaskan Ewok (look up the Ewok picture; damn close). All I can say is that the "Ignore" selection should be your friend. I look forward to your 243 AI reports and how they handle the Scenars.

Now if the only salient points your pointy head was able to gather,was to sail off into the sunset with a fresh 243AI build to squirt 90 Skinners,you are even a DUMBER Fhuqk than I "credited" you for.

And here I thought I was on the right track pairing the 87 VMax and 90 Lapua as a nice 1-2 punch for paper and hide.

I'll crawl back in my shallow, dark, low ceiling cave of rifle knowledge.
Posted By: OutdoorAg Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
Eh, I enjoy the banter. I would be-a-lying if I said I haven't learned a few things. He appears to have punched more primers and burned more powder than I ever will.

There is some knowledge gained somewhere in there, and I don't mind wading through the shallow water of insults to find a couple gems in the sand that falls off his vag.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
Stick has helped a bunch of us over the years. If you catch him right, ask him nice, he can be very helpful and even cordial.

Entertaining, for sure... grin

DF
Posted By: HEB330 Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
DF

I have the UTMOST RESPECT for his wealth of knowledge. I even enjoy his wit, and if you take the time to read between the lines you can tell he is pretty damn bright. And, yes, I have seen his helpful, thoughtful responses. They can be incredibly insightful and informative. I have thick skin and can give and take with the best, and enjoy good-natured banter and needling. What I can't respect, and have zero tolerance for, are the vile, personal attacks he insists on pursuing. They serve no purpose and only diminish what could be an invaluable contributor on this forum. Of course that is MY OPINION, as we are all entitled to have.

Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer
Stick has helped a bunch of us over the years. If you catch him right, ask him nice, he can be very helpful and even cordial.

Entertaining, for sure... grin

DF
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
'Kane,

Point & Shoot is tough bidness,with Ping Pong Ball BC's. Hint.

Fair mornin',then it blew up and it's rattled 70mph or so all afternoon.

[Linked Image]

A SAAMI 243Win will scoot 105's at 3100fps with '17...which again goes back to Lapooey 308 Virgins,false shoulders,a smooch and 200's magfed. Hint.

With the 257Wby/100TSX/3640fps/250yd zero in like conditions(Woof loping the scene),at the 500yd line...the 257Wby burns up 53.75" of wind drift,while arriving the scene 50fps slower.

The Ruger SAAMI Boat Paddle drifts but 38.75" in like conditions and like zero,if only for starters. What mightcha' cypher the Duplex interpolation to be on the 3.5-10x 257Wby and upon which power?!? HINT.(grin)

Things go wellllllll beyond "dubious",with scopes that don't/cain't adjust and reticles that cain't/won't subtend. Hint.

There ain't too fhuqking many boolits,that I've not shot,which ain't even fair and I don't feel compelled to apologize for being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.(grin)

As an aside the Timney Calvin Elite rates a thunk. Hint.

[Linked Image]

Even on a schitty BC'd 17Rem in a DBM.(grin)

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Pass the Montucky.

Hint..................

OutdoorAss,

It's your Imagination,Pretend with it as you please(must).

There's little fhuqking danger of your being the first fhuqking Texan,to attain even an Infantile "understanding" of Ballistics.

Bless your heart.

I can only lead you Stupid Fhuqkers to water and it cracks me the fhuqk up...when you are too fhuqking STUPID to partake.

'er,

I ain't ever been caught "wrong".

Hint.................

'330,

You suck a mean ass and your reverse gear,certainly TRUMPS your forward attempts. Congratulations?!?

Be SURE to go for the throat,when you find me "mistaken"...it WILL be fhuqking funny. Hint.

Laughing!

Bless your heart.

GREAT time to shut the fhuqk up and take notes. Though you have "threatened" the "dreaded" Imaginary Pretend Ignore and are prepared to make that "stand".

Laughing!!!

Hint......................
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
Remington M 700 SS .375 RUM.

[Linked Image]

Posted By: moosemike Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
Who needs 105's or 90grain Scenars when there are Federal blue box 100 grains? laugh
Posted By: 79S Re: 257 weatherby - 12/31/15
That's why I asked the question because what stick brought up is what I was thinking he just explained it a lot better... The 100gr bullets have horrible BC the 115's are no better and the few120's out their are not much better. All I read is how this round is the killing machine but it makes me wonder how far folks are actually shooting... When I get back to Ak I'm going to get real serious again about getting a sheep and let's be honest the 257 is not what it is... I'm better off getting a 243 shooting 105 a amax bullets or jump up to a 260.. I know stick is no fan of the 7 mag but I would be better of using my 7 mag on sheep than a 257 weatherby.. Way better bullets out their especially the Barnes lrx bullet or the new hornady bullet.. Anyhow good info.. Will I keep it probably but I will not be using it in Alaska on a sheep hunt or goat hunt...
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
There ain't much that will hang with a .284" .625BC 162 A-Max smooch at 3150fps and that's prolly why Sister has a 7 Whizzum stoked same,alongside the Kestrel in the above pic. Hint.

[Linked Image]

I know of nobody that's built a .25cal anything in the last decade. Hint.

The 7mm Remmie has been THE pick of the belted litter for many moons and I've tooted it's horn long,loud and often. MUCH prefer it to the STW,mainly because I've had both and boolits matter wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than headstamps. Hint.

Hell...I mighta even shot a 7-08,7-08AI,284Win,ShamWow,the aforementioned Whizzum,280,280AI,Remmie and STW. Once.(grin)

[Linked Image]

As per the above scenario at the 500yd line in 25mph full value,the 7 Whizzum/162 drifts but 31" as compared to the 257/100X's 53.75" in like conditions. Hint.

It's never been difficult to cypher who shoots...and who don't.

Hint.

Best Rams as of late,have been A-Max'd and that trend will assuredly continue.

22" SAAMI 243Win/105.

[Linked Image]

22" 22-250AI/75A-Max.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Time to go dredge Chrome,in the freshly fallen rain.....................

Mebbe a Coke Bottled Kchunt will hang some pics of almost doin' sumptin'?!?

Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
[Linked Image]

Posted By: deflave Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
Stick,

What's the story on your .17 Remington? Looks bitchin'.

And I thought you hated the .17 Rem?

Happy New Year,

Travis
Posted By: gunner500 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
Originally Posted by 79S
So I recently got one its a rem 700 it was a limited run they did for rmef 25th anniversary few yrs back, anyhow all I read about is folks using 100gr bullets.. I was wondering why the 100gr bullets. I did work up a good load using 115gr tsx using 70gr of 7828 and fed 215. It also shoots the 117gr hornady btsp very well.. The 115gr partition showed potential as well..

I pfu ked up and had a 10 twist 25-06 AI built several years ago, was still green to the fast twist small bores at that time, my rifle shoots the 115 VLD's to 3460 fps, the .48 bc is about the best I can do trying to stretch this 25 cal out any, and that's not much.

However the 100 gr TTSX's at 3580 are very accurate, but drop like turds in a bucket and blow like moths in a damn tornado trying to go long.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
Originally Posted by HEB330
DF

What I can't respect, and have zero tolerance for, are the vile, personal attacks he insists on pursuing. They serve no purpose and only diminish what could be an invaluable contributor on this forum. Of course that is MY OPINION, as we are all entitled to have.

No argument...

DF
Have you ever thought of continuing to scroll down?

Travis
Posted By: 79S Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by 79S

I pfu ked up and had a 10 twist 25-06 AI built several years ago, was still green to the fast twist small bores at that time, my rifle shoots the 115 VLD's to 3460 fps, the .48 bc is about the best I can do trying to stretch this 25 cal out any, and that's not much.

However the 100 gr TTSX's at 3580 are very accurate, but drop like turds in a bucket and blow like moths in a damn tornado trying to go long.

That's good info as well I picked up some of those Bergers to try out but it doesn't sound to prmsing. I traded into the weatherby really didn't do any research just saw the folks here raging over it then I got to looking at bullets and that's when I saw they all suck.. Am I a long range shooter no I'm not...
Posted By: TheKid Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
Have a good bud who's killed 10 rams the hard way, ie on foot no Cub time, in the last 18 years. Furthest one he's killed was around 430 and half or better were under 100.

Not saying the Roy is the end all or that a 105 6mm won't out fly it, just that you don't always have to shoot them way out there.
elkchunt,

BITCHIN' action pic!

Laughing!

I'll buy the video of you STUPID fhuqkers trying to sneak up on a glass of water. Hit me with an addy and I'll fire off a USPS Money Order.

Bless your heart...................

'flave,

Pard's Liljee 1-9" 17Rem,but the way he's goin' with it...she'll be mine soon.(grin) It's a MR contour at 20",but the pinhole makes the bitch look bigger. Handles/balances well and shoots a wee bit for a BB-Gun. It's fairly Faux Ti-esque,but shorter in the spout,which do not hurt the equation.

The trouble with the 17Rem,is same as any/all other thangs on any of the .378" cases,in that a 1-8" 223AI with 75A-Max at 3150fps from a 21" spout,simply fhuqking CRUSHES it. Goes back to boolits mattering more than a smidge.(grin)

'Course to reiterate,one can always fling 40's at 4000fps from same. Them's BITTER pills to swallow. Pass the 75's.

The best 17 goin' is the 17WSM in a 77/17 Fixed Fhuqked...and hacksawed off at 20". Zero Stop optional.

[Linked Image]

Only blowin' Gale today and only two Venisons in this frame. Oops...left cameras in my crummy,I'll upload here in a bit.(pardon that delay)

[Linked Image]

I was schleppin' the 21" Rocktucky 223AI 1-7"(2980fps form loads) and Sister had C-Note(75A-Max both). Mighta' toted the 18.5" 270/105A-Max melding,but I got it loaned out and ain't seen it in a couple/few days. If it comes back with any loaded ammo left,I'll be disappointed!

[Linked Image]

C-Note has gained alotta favor with her,after dumping a 2oz Shilen trigger in it. 'Course,I savvy the appeal. Just form loads at 2930fps in the 18" Rock 1-8" spout.

[Linked Image]

Also had a Dick Rifle with 75A-Max at 3500fps in tow(23" Krieger 1-7.7"),along with Goose Poop and it's 3150fps 162's(PN 3-grooved OEM contour/length dupe 1-9").

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Slim Shady was in the fray for giggles,in case I found a bight outta da' breeze to call Woofs from. Had a BABLR with 162's at 2500fps for good measure(20" OEM) and a 20" Brux 1-8" 6BR Montucky with 105A-Max at 2700fps.

Cut fresh tracks,but couldn't do any good on 'em,as they'd slicked up their kill overnight and choogled with no reply.

It happens...and the gawddamned fhuqking water is too low to wet a creek,so I never even fired a shot through the GLX 1141-S and defaulted right to Woofs before daybreak and took a Recce Spin.

Rain Dancin' currently,with fingers crossed to boot...as I head to the Reloading Press.............

'500,

I was gonna build a Quaterbore,until you just talked me outta it.

Thanks!.................(grin)

'S,

Everything is long distance to someone.

Boolits matter more than headstamps.

By a whole fhuqking bunch....................(grin)

'Kid,

A guy is never making a concession,by schlepping a superior platform that is lighter in weight,tougher,better handling,shorter in length,of less recoil,drop and drift...while bein' quieter to boot,holding more pokes in the belly and of greater Precision,with better barrel life and cheaper components that are also superior.

Just sayin'.

In no fhuqking particular order.

Hint....................
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Axtell Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
Hey 'Stick, why do you favor short spouts?

'flave,

Pard's Liljee 1-9" 17Rem,but the way he's goin' with it...she'll be mine soon.(grin) It's a MR contour at 20",but the pinhole makes the bitch look bigger. Handles/balances well and shoots a wee bit for a BB-Gun. It's fairly Faux Ti-esque,but shorter in the spout,which do not hurt the equation.

The trouble with the 17Rem,is same as any/all other thangs on any of the .378" cases,in that a 1-8" 223AI with 75A-Max at 3150fps from a 21" spout,simply fhuqking CRUSHES it. Goes back to boolits mattering more than a smidge.(grin)

'Course to reiterate,one can always fling 40's at 4000fps from same. Them's BITTER pills to swallow. Pass the 75's.

The best 17 goin' is the 17WSM in a 77/17 Fixed Fhuqked...and hacksawed off at 20". Zero Stop optional.

That seems like a bitchin' rig! What bullets are you using in it? I know you don't give a fugk but I will add that I don't want to shoot most any fur with a 75gr. A-Max and the the 25gr. .17 stuff keeps foxes put together better than most.

The WSM is tempting 'fer shure.' Especially since the prices on ammo came down.

Dave
Posted By: KCBighorn Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
Originally Posted by Axtell
Hey 'Stick, why do you favor short spouts?

~He doesn't like rifles that are taller than he is.

~He's used to having a short "spout".

~He got drunk and cut his barrel with a sawzall and now has to pretend that he likes it.

In no particular order.

Happy New Year little buddy.

PS- I know, I know... crossed eyes, awesome buck for an avatar, vagina monologues, cant get off the couch, etc...
Posted By: 79S Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
Originally Posted by TheKid
Have a good bud who's killed 10 rams the hard way, ie on foot no Cub time, in the last 18 years. Furthest one he's killed was around 430 and half or better were under 100.

Not saying the Roy is the end all or that a 105 6mm won't out fly it, just that you don't always have to shoot them way out there.

Kid I agree with you on that but if you read about the 257 and then actually look at the bc of the bullets it's pretty disappointing. Granted majority of hunters don't care about the bc of a bullet
Posted By: HEB330 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/01/16
79S,

Your original question was why a 100 grain bullet in the 257 Weatherby. You got a lot of fine answers. What I don't understand is if you say this:

"...then I got to looking at bullets and that's when I saw they all suck.. Am I a long range shooter no I'm not..."

and then this:

"...but if you read about the 257 and then actually look at the bc of the bullets it's pretty disappointing..."

Why do YOU care about the BC of a 25 caliber bullet? A 100 TTSX at 3650 (which I don't shoot, but that some liken to the BC of a rock) will kill anything in Colorado you have an interest in out to 500 yards with little effort and minimal guesstimating on drop. Just curious........
'flave,

25V-Max.

If I was worried about selling fur...it'd be a straight up 17WSM Show with 20's at 3000fps outta a 20" spout. Ruger fhuqked up,by not putting a laminate handle on 'em,but plywood Hornet handles are easy enough to score.

Ruger rotary mags have no equal,the Precision is there,the terminal affects are there,ammo is dirt cheap and it's a straight up sleeper.

Fhuqk the 17 Rem........................

KchuntC,

I always enjoy your bitching about all the things you've never seen,done and can't afford. Funnier than fhuqk how "real" your Imagination and it's Pretend is,to you. You "lucky" kchunt.

Laughing!

Here's more pics for "your" album.

You can't buck 'em off,with flutes running to da' muzzle.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You cain't buck the choke offa Annie 54 or it "won't shoot" either.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Same goes AMT 10/22 spouts.

[Linked Image]

It'd take wayyyyyyyyy more than a hacksaw,to aspook me.

[Linked Image]

Who knows...you just might be the first Do Nothing Kchunt to bitch herself "happy". Congratulations?!? Don't let the cat get your tongue,or the couch your kchunt.

Very good call as per you always,to give ALL things The Rifle a very wide fhuqking berth. I wonder why that is?!?

Bless your heart.

Laughing!.....................

'S,

It's very easy to arrange a modest parcel,that'll do it all and then some...well shy of having to suffer a L/A or belts.

The upside bein',there ain't no downside.(grin).................

'330,

I'll feign my "surprise",that you "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Laughing!

Your "grasp" on Ballistics is fhuqking hilarious!

Texan...ain'tcha'?!?

Wow +P++!....................
Posted By: 79S Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
79S,

Your original question was why a 100 grain bullet in the 257 Weatherby. You got a lot of fine answers. What I don't understand is if you say this:

"...then I got to looking at bullets and that's when I saw they all suck.. Am I a long range shooter no I'm not..."

and then this:

"...but if you read about the 257 and then actually look at the bc of the bullets it's pretty disappointing..."

Why do YOU care about the BC of a 25 caliber bullet? A 100 TTSX at 3650 (which I don't shoot, but that some liken to the BC of a rock) will kill anything in Colorado you have an interest in out to 500 yards with little effort and minimal guesstimating on drop. Just curious........

. I guess you are somewhat correct about shooting 500yds you still need a bullet with a good bc..
Posted By: bobnob17 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
[Linked Image]

Beautiful; incredible really.
Posted By: moosemike Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
Hey Stick, how's that 8x57(j) treating you? Any luck finding good .318 boolits? laugh
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
'S,

Don't interfere with either her Imagination or it's Pretend,mainly because it's all she's got and THAT...would be mean.

Bless her heart..............

'17,

The Outdoors works well for me...always has.

Gotta take Sister to a plane,then go Cast & Blast.

It's rough...............(grin)

dooshmike,

No thang to either swage or procure outright.

When I'm in a LR Mood I go Pink Floyd Zulu on the bitch,with those super slickery .331" boresized BC's and generous mag confines.

[Linked Image]

Never liked Volley Sights and am content with 2K irons only.

Gotta LOVE blued/walnut!.

Posted By: 14Homer Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
Big Stick - a couple of comments. I use a .17 Remington on fox. It works just fine, thank you.

It is easy to talk about how your gun performs, your best loads, etc. If you really want to tell how your rifle and loads are going to work I would suggest you read Accuracy and Precision for Long Range Shooting by Bryan Litz.

You would learn a lot about how barrel length and other items can affect accuracy, etc.

Instead of talking about a statistically worthless number of tests, results, do the math.

Posted By: jorgeI Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
240 Weatherby Magnum, 100r Partition:
MV: 3395
Drop@ 500 yards (200 yd Zero): -36.9
Bullet deflection 20mph X wind @ 500yds: 50.4"

257 Weatherby Magnum
100gr Partition
MV: 3555
Drop@ 500 yards (200yd zero): -31.1
Bullet deflection 20 mph X wind @ 500 yds: -42.9
Posted By: HEB330 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
What he said....😉

Originally Posted by jorgeI
240 Weatherby Magnum, 100r Partition:
MV: 3395
Drop@ 500 yards (200 yd Zero): -36.9
Bullet deflection 20mph X wind @ 500yds: 50.4"

257 Weatherby Magnum
100gr Partition
MV: 3555
Drop@ 500 yards (200yd zero): -31.1
Bullet deflection 20 mph X wind @ 500 yds: -42.9
Posted By: deflave Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
'flave,

25V-Max.

If I was worried about selling fur...it'd be a straight up 17WSM Show with 20's at 3000fps outta a 20" spout. Ruger fhuqked up,by not putting a laminate handle on 'em,but plywood Hornet handles are easy enough to score.

Ruger rotary mags have no equal,the Precision is there,the terminal affects are there,ammo is dirt cheap and it's a straight up sleeper.

You's trippin'.

But now I'm kinda interested more.

Travis

PS-Fugk yo' couch.
Posted By: geedubya Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
'S,

Don't interfere with either her Imagination or it's Pretend,mainly because it's all she's got and THAT...would be mean.

Bless her heart..............

what's the old bromide.......

[Linked Image]

Don't wrestle with a Pig............

[Linked Image]

'cause the pig likes it.........

and you'll just end up muddy....

[Linked Image]

most times!!!

HNY there B'

[Linked Image]

I see another BGF is in progress. LOL

Carry on!!!

JAPPFT,

GWB

Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
Originally Posted by 79S
That's why I asked the question because what stick brought up is what I was thinking he just explained it a lot better... The 100gr bullets have horrible BC the 115's are no better and the few120's out their are not much better. All I read is how this round is the killing machine but it makes me wonder how far folks are actually shooting... When I get back to Ak I'm going to get real serious again about getting a sheep and let's be honest the 257 is not what it is... I'm better off getting a 243 shooting 105 a amax bullets or jump up to a 260.. I know stick is no fan of the 7 mag but I would be better of using my 7 mag on sheep than a 257 weatherby.. Way better bullets out their especially the Barnes lrx bullet or the new hornady bullet.. Anyhow good info.. Will I keep it probably but I will not be using it in Alaska on a sheep hunt or goat hunt...

Do yourself a favor and run some numbers before poo pooing the 257 Wby for your hunt. Out to 500 yds, a saami 243 shooting a 105 AMAX or HPBT ain't gonna hang with a 257 Wby when using a proper 115 gr bullet. Additionally, you better hope your .243 factory 1-10 or 1-9.25 will even stabilize a 105. Not saying it won't, but the possibility is certainly there.

For discussion purposes, here's what the numbers look like....257 Weatherby shooting a 115 Berger VLD at 3400 fps vs a 243 using a 105 AMAX(assuming your 243 will)at 2950 looks like this:

500 yds 257 has a +297 fps velocity advantage; +434 ft/lb energy advantage and 1.77" less drift. 10.02" flatter with 200 yd zero.

At a more realistic hunting range of 300 yds, the 257 has a +351 fps velocity advantage; +591 ft/lb energy advantage and .59" less drift.

Pretty substantial advantage to the 257 Weatherby. Although minimal, even betters the 105 in the wind.

I'm sure some folks here will shiat on the VLD or BST for use in the Weatherby due to their construction, but lets face it, the avg Dall or Mountain Goat at less than 300 lbs isn't going to be terribly tough to kill. Either bullet will work just fine.

Originally Posted by wbyfan1
Originally Posted by 79S

Do yourself a favor and run some numbers before poo pooing the 257 Wby for your hunt. Out to 500 yds, a saami 243 shooting a 105 AMAX or HPBT ain't gonna hang with a 257 Wby when using a proper 115 gr bullet. Additionally, you better hope your .243 factory 1-10 or 1-9.25 will even stabilize a 105. Not saying it won't, but the possibility is certainly there.

For discussion purposes, here's what the numbers look like....257 Weatherby shooting a 115 Berger VLD at 3400 fps vs a 243 using a 105 AMAX(assuming your 243 will)at 2950 looks like this:

500 yds 257 has a +297 fps velocity advantage; +434 ft/lb energy advantage and 1.77 in less drift. 10.02 in flatter with 200 yd zero.

At a more realistic hunting range of300 yds, the 257 has a +351 fps velocity advantage; +591 ft/lb energy advantage and .59 in less drift.

I'm sure some folks here will shiat on the VLD or BST for use in the Weatherby due to their construction, but lets face it, the avg Dall or Mountain Goat at less than 300 lbs isn't going to be terribly tough to kill. Either bullet will work just fine.

I did exactly that earlier the bullet to use would be the 115gr ballistic tip or the Berger.. I guess the whole point of this conversation was why use the 100gr bullets they offer nothing when you are better off using the 115's. I guess guys like the velocities they are getting out of the 100 grain bullets.. Alot of good points brought up but let's be honest their are better cartridges out their.. Again I think guys just like to talk about shooting 100gr bullets at 3600 fps who knows..
Posted By: HEB330 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
GDUB,

Your post with pictures is perfect for those who have difficulty communicating on an adult level. I presume our resident trolls have responded by regurgitating their usual white trash slandering. Wouldn't know, as IGNORE is working well in 2016. Some on here have claimed to have shot a bazillion 257 Weatherby rounds (but now can't stand the cartridge) and have nothing but denigrating comments regarding the Swift Scirocco, I'm pretty confident the basis for these flawed opinions is that neither the Weatherby nor the Scirocco fit the FORMULA preached (and eagerly consumed by many like attendees at a Jim Jones rally) that the ONLY way to test a rifle's ability is to kiss the lands and find pressure. While that is A way, the Weatherby"s freebore and the fact the Scirocco likes to jump a little put dents in the FORMULA. That may cause some to get their panties in a wad. Anyhow, what do I know? My imagination and pretend run wild so I'll have to remain ignorant and clueless, amazed that Scirocco's out of my 243 and 257 Weatherby don't either fall from the sky at 300 yards or bounce off deer and elk. Maybe one day I'll get a clue and discover an AMAX....
As to the 257 Weatherby,

my Accumark was the cat's meow!

However,

I've Been There

[Linked Image]

Done That

[Linked Image]

My go to load was a 100 Gr. Nosler Partition over 73 Gr. IMR 7828. Over my Shooting Chrony, velocity was +/- 3,650 FPS.
It flat killed schitt dead as a hammer.

Problem is, I'm a short range meat hunter. I'd say most of my shots are 200 yds. and under with say 80% of those being 125 yds. and under. I find that cartridges with a MV of 2,800 fps do much less meat damage at those ranges.

Consequently I've moved on.

JAPPFT,

GWB

Posted By: Judman Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
Somebody that biatches about swift scirocco's, simply ain't killed schitt with em... HINT

And they probably think a 17 hummer is a giant killer... grin
Posted By: Fotis Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
I use the 110 Accubond at 3530 out of my Fibermark.

Nothing has walked away from the 257 Bee,

[Linked Image]
Posted By: moosemike Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
I liked the 115 NBT when I had my .257 Vanguard. I guarantee that combo had some reach. I really liked it but my shots are usually under a hundred yards and it just didn't make sense. If I hunted open country I'd be all over another one.
GDUB,

Your post with pictures is perfect for those who have difficulty communicating on an adult level. I presume our resident trolls have responded by regurgitating their usual white trash slandering. Wouldn't know, as IGNORE is working well in 2016. Some on here have claimed to have shot a bazillion 257 Weatherby rounds (but now can't stand the cartridge) and have nothing but denigrating comments regarding the Swift Scirocco, I'm pretty confident the basis for these flawed opinions is that neither the Weatherby nor the Scirocco fit the FORMULA preached (and eagerly consumed by many like attendees at a Jim Jones rally) that the ONLY way to test a rifle's ability is to kiss the lands and find pressure. While that is A way, the Weatherby"s freebore and the fact the Scirocco likes to jump a little put dents in the FORMULA. That may cause some to get their panties in a wad. Anyhow, what do I know? My imagination and pretend run wild so I'll have to remain ignorant and clueless, amazed that Scirocco's out of my 243 and 257 Weatherby don't either fall from the sky at 300 yards or bounce off deer and elk. Maybe one day I'll get a clue and discover an AMAX....

Singing virtues of the sirocco does not help.. Better off using 115 gr balistic tip..if one is simply talking about the bc here, if bc doesn't matter to anyone then use a regular Barnes tsx... Also why do you care what big stick says?? You say you have him on ignore why don't you leave it at that..
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
'Gomer,

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk...is there NO end to your STUPIDITY?!?

Wow!

Bless your heart,for having to read a book,about "your" rifle. You'll haveta' pardon my rifles actually existing and the "unfair" advantages associated with them facts. Laughing!

Spent primers remain THE Supreme Tutorial.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Very GOOD call to refrain sayin' I was "mistaken",fhuqking anywhere.

Laughing!...............

WhoreHey,

Holy Fhuqking Dog Schit...you AMAZINGLY Stupid Kchunt!!!

Are you waxing eloquent on Weatherby's keen insight to twist a 6mm 1-10" or your fhuqking gross inability to cypher ballistics?!? Laughing!

IMPOSSIBLE to trump the humor of you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks doing your BEST,as you feverishly finger fhuqk charts which incorporate boolits you've never seen or used,as your brazen Ballistic "stance"! I'm cryin'...I'm laughing sooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!

Now if only to your chagrin,the 240Wby simply mimics S/A 6-284 case capacity and beltless L/A 6-06 case capacity. Put a Nerf Ball wearing a parachute in any of the trio and you "reap" your means,ability and comprehension. Talk about THE most slippery of fhuqking slopes!

If only because boolits matter more than headstamps,Reality is very easily arranged in the firsthand. It is hardly a daunting matter,for any of the trio,to launch a 90 Skinner at 3500fps+++. Pardon my having the T-shirts. Hint.

I rather enjoyed that your BEST efforts,were to cajole a POS 100NPT at 3395fps with a .384BC as a bastion of .243" "hope". Laughing!

Hardly daunting to swap projectiles,gun a .530BC 105 at 3350fps and with like zero and "magically" your contrived scenario in conditions you have NEVER fhuqking shot...changes more than a smidge. Hint.

500yd 20mph full value drift,go from your Cupcake Launching 50.4" of correction,to a miserly 29.8". Though I'm talking Milford atmospherics,which pad same into the realm of STFU. Fhuqking HINT.

'330,

You STUPID fhuqk.

Your BEST move was lying about Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Hint.

'flave,

My "trouble" is...I shoot 'em all.

The weather settled a smidge this late afternoon and when trajectory impetus(Physics),trumps windage impetus(VooDoo)...revision ain't as much a division,as decision.

Schit be friendly,when the Wind Gods smile.

If/when Sneakin' & Peekin' on Furred Fhuqkers upon THE Hit List and looking to trade jingle for them coats,I'll happily trade the "lost" opportunity of the 17WSM,for it's actualities. Fix Fhuqked a 17WSM and schit don't be "fair",which is how I operate as a minimum. Hint.

I'd hang pics from the day,but they's compromising.....................(grin)

'dubya,

Constants always remain.

Fences ain't huntin',CNS is no "test" for projectiles and the Texas Version of EVERYTHING is fhuqking hilarious!

If I put bark on a spatula,you'd "think" it was a kinfe!

Here's to you doing your BEST,with a straight face.

'fan1,

Dangle a pic of your 243Win and it's "failed" twist rate. Laughing!

Pardon my having gunned 105's in all those rifles,you couldn't aford and DREAM about. Hint.

Now if only for starters,the .257" Berger 115VLD is a colossal piece of fhuqking schit,as per terminal Effects. Hint.

Fact bein',the 115NBT is a better pitch,for turning off lights,due it's far greater mettle consistency(which sucks). Hint.

Beings you are CLUELESS Berger Bitch,that only shoots her mouth and Imagination,I'll happily take the time to kick you in your gaping kchunt. Hint.

The 105 .243" Berger Hybrid VLD has a .547BC and at your pedestrian 2950fps(never seen a rifle goooooo that slooooowwww). Hint.

Hit the Litz JBM default(s) and guess again. I've got 'em all(chamberings/boolits/twist rates).

Hint.

'S,

Yep...Quarterbores suck....................(grin)

'330,

BITCHIN' Imaginary Pretend Ignore...you STUPID fhuqking kchunt!

Laughing!

"Tell" me more about Swift Scirocco's,in any/all versions.

Laughing!...............

Judmam,

Pavemount Pounding ain't doin'.

Dangle a pic of your 17HM and your Swift Launchers,if only to obliviously drive your incredible STUPIDITY home.

Bless your heart.

I'm looking forward to the Excuses and the Silence.

Laughing!

Pardom my dangling THE most epic Scirocco pic of ALL Time in advance,of your feeble "efforts".

[Linked Image]

My bad for citing in no particular order,that you are a brokedick turd polishing dumbfhuqk,patiently awaiting welfare checks for her first camera.

Pardon the S/S 700 S/A McMillan GAP Classic,fhuqking Krieger,Reupold and Swift concession(s).

You go girl.

Laughing! ..............

Kchuntis,

You are THE fhuqkstick!

Laughing!

Wow +P++!........................

Fotis,

You DICKtard...has the POS ever been Outdoors?!?

Laughing!...........
Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16

'fan1,

Pardon my having gunned 105's in all those rifles,you couldn't aford and DREAM about. Hint.

Now if only for starters,the .257" Berger 115VLD is a colossal piece of fhuqking schit,as per terminal Effects. Hint.

Fact bein',the 115NBT is a better pitch,for turning off lights,due it's far greater mettle consistency(which sucks). Hint.

Beings you are CLUELESS Berger Bitch,that only shoots her mouth and Imagination,I'll happily take the time to kick you in your gaping kchunt. Hint.

The 105 .243" Berger Hybrid VLD has a .547BC and at your pedestrian 2950fps(never seen a rifle goooooo that slooooowwww). Hint.

Hit the Litz JBM default(s) and guess again. I've got 'em all(chamberings/boolits/twist rates).

Phuqq Stick,

You crack me the hell up. So your telling me a factory twisted 243's going to reliably stabilize a Berger 105 Hybrid, even though it clearly states on the Berger box "For 1-8 twist or faster"?? You're a tool bag, but, umm ok, I'll play along....

257 Wby 115 Berger at 3400 fps vs 243 105 Hyb at 2950.

500 yds-257 Wby arrives +229 fps faster, with +367 more ft/lbs and .08 less
drift. 8.77" flatter(200 yd zero)

300 yds-257 Wby +306 fps, with +540 more ft/lbs and .05 less drift.

Still advantage to the 257 Weatherby.

[Linked Image]

Remember Larry, 99 % of the folks on this board are not shooting 6-06's, 6-284's, 243 Ackley's etc. After reading through all your bullchit drivel about the virtues the .243 caliber, one would believe their Cabelas purchased 243 was a giant killer. What they don't know is, unless they reload, have twist rate faster than 9, there chit ain't gonna reliably do what you preach. In fact, for the average nimrod who doesn't reload, they'll be really disappointed to discover the 243 Factory Ammo offerings suck ass. Not a one offers a 105 anything. Doh! At least you can buy a 115 NBT or Berger in a factory offering for the 257 Weatherby. Talk about an epic beat down of biblical proportion!!

'dubya,

Constants always remain.

Fences ain't huntin',CNS is no "test" for projectiles and the Texas Version of EVERYTHING is fhuqking hilarious!

Speakin' of Spatulas........

another in 3V,

[Linked Image]
by Brett Dowell

[Linked Image]

Tim Olt Loveless drop Point Spatula
, 154 CM, Musk Ox scales.

[Linked Image]

Slaughterville Spatula in D2

[Linked Image]

Ruana Spatula from waaaaaaaay back

[Linked Image]

a few Menefee spatulas.

and last but not least a 2014 ARAIG group buy Spatula from Mr. Gene Ingram

[Linked Image]

which continues to be held captive here in Tejas. LOL

JAPPFT,

GWB
Posted By: Judman Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
'Gomer,

You AMAZINGLY Stupid Fhuqk...is there NO end to your STUPIDITY?!?

Wow!

Bless your heart,for having to read a book,about "your" rifle. You'll haveta' pardon my rifles actually existing and the "unfair" advantages associated with them facts. Laughing!

Spent primers remain THE Supreme Tutorial.

Hint.

Bless your heart.

Very GOOD call to refrain sayin' I was "mistaken",fhuqking anywhere.

Laughing!...............

WhoreHey,

Holy Fhuqking Dog Schit...you AMAZINGLY Stupid Kchunt!!!

Are you waxing eloquent on Weatherby's keen insight to twist a 6mm 1-10" or your fhuqking gross inability to cypher ballistics?!? Laughing!

IMPOSSIBLE to trump the humor of you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks doing your BEST,as you feverishly finger fhuqk charts which incorporate boolits you've never seen or used,as your brazen Ballistic "stance"! I'm cryin'...I'm laughing sooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!

Now if only to your chagrin,the 240Wby simply mimics S/A 6-284 case capacity and beltless L/A 6-06 case capacity. Put a Nerf Ball wearing a parachute in any of the trio and you "reap" your means,ability and comprehension. Talk about THE most slippery of fhuqking slopes!

If only because boolits matter more than headstamps,Reality is very easily arranged in the firsthand. It is hardly a daunting matter,for any of the trio,to launch a 90 Skinner at 3500fps+++. Pardon my having the T-shirts. Hint.

I rather enjoyed that your BEST efforts,were to cajole a POS 100NPT at 3395fps with a .384BC as a bastion of .243" "hope". Laughing!

Hardly daunting to swap projectiles,gun a .530BC 105 at 3350fps and with like zero and "magically" your contrived scenario in conditions you have NEVER fhuqking shot...changes more than a smidge. Hint.

500yd 20mph full value drift,go from your Cupcake Launching 50.4" of correction,to a miserly 29.8". Though I'm talking Milford atmospherics,which pad same into the realm of STFU. Fhuqking HINT.

'330,

You STUPID fhuqk.

Your BEST move was lying about Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Hint.

'flave,

My "trouble" is...I shoot 'em all.

The weather settled a smidge this late afternoon and when trajectory impetus(Physics),trumps windage impetus(VooDoo)...revision ain't as much a division,as decision.

Schit be friendly,when the Wind Gods smile.

If/when Sneakin' & Peekin' on Furred Fhuqkers upon THE Hit List and looking to trade jingle for them coats,I'll happily trade the "lost" opportunity of the 17WSM,for it's actualities. Fix Fhuqked a 17WSM and schit don't be "fair",which is how I operate as a minimum. Hint.

I'd hang pics from the day,but they's compromising.....................(grin)

'dubya,

Constants always remain.

Here's to you doing your BEST,with a straight face.

'fan1,

Hint.

'S,

Yep...Quarterbores suck....................(grin)

'330,

BITCHIN' Imaginary Pretend Ignore...you STUPID fhuqking kchunt!

Laughing!

"Tell" me more about Swift Scirocco's,in any/all versions.

Laughing!...............

Judmam,

Pavemount Pounding ain't doin'.

Dangle a pic of your 17HM and your Swift Launchers,if only to obliviously drive your incredible STUPIDITY home.

Bless your heart.

I'm looking forward to the Excuses and the Silence.

Laughing!

Pardom my dangling THE most epic Scirocco pic of ALL Time in advance,of your feeble "efforts".

[Linked Image]

My bad for citing in no particular order,that you are a brokedick turd polishing dumbfhuqk,patiently awaiting welfare checks for her first camera.

Pardon the S/S 700 S/A McMillan GAP Classic,fhuqking Krieger,Reupold and Swift concession(s).

You go girl.

Laughing! ..............

Kchuntis,

You are THE fhuqkstick!

Laughing!

Wow +P++!........................

Fotis,

Laughing!...........

Oh behave Larry!! Why the anger?? Laffin
Posted By: 14Homer Re: 257 weatherby - 01/02/16
OK Big Stick. Lets say you are shooting a 155 grain .308 bullet at 3,000 fps. Lets say you go up from the beach 682 feet. How much does this change in altitude change the BC?

If you don't know the answer maybe you should go read the book.
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 01/03/16
'fan1,

EVERY rifle Manufacturer says "NO Reloads" too. Lotsa boolit boxes say lotsa schit and you Drooling Dumbfhuqks are having a GOOD day when you can get one open! Laughing!

It takes a real "tricky" and "esoteric" rifle like a 700,Seven,600,Ruger MKI,MkII or American to shoot a 105 Hybrid over the counter along The Milford. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Further,105's actually go 3100fps in a modest lengthed SAAMI 243Win,but you'll haveta' pardon my actually shootin' boolits that exist,in rifles that actually exist. Bless your heart.

Tough not to swoon a 22" 243AI...which I see up top here.

[Linked Image]

And far right here. Don't pay no mind to the matching number M40A1 Return. Google it. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I reckon it ain't very "fair",that I'm afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess. Keep lickin' windows and doin' your best and kudos on the splendid pics! Knock it outta da' park and dangle "another" pic of your 257Wby,that will almost hang with a 243Win 700 S/A.

Laughing!....................

G',

You Texas Turd Polishers are a fhuqking hoot!

Ever get hung up on a fence or a gate,with all that fhuqking STUPID schit bolted to you?!? Thought so!

Do you scream "Pull!" or "Get some!" once you've untangled yourself?!?

Judmam,

Mebbe next year you'll get a camera for Xmas?!? You prolly "shoot" some serious rifles,"knowing" as "much" as you "do".

Gomer,

I've never heard of said projectile and it prolly takes a fancy twist rate too?!?

[Linked Image]

I do shoot 155SMK's in my 30-40 Krag though,but not quite 3K fps.

[Linked Image]

Never been on a beach,nor at that high of altitude. You "lucky" "hard chargers" get to "do" it "all". Laughing!

[Linked Image]

I'm more than a touch comfy in writing books...just as you are in hanging on my every fhuqking word. Bless your heart.

Hint...................
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: 257 weatherby - 01/03/16
[Linked Image]

Stick, in this pic, what is the leather armguard thingy on his left arm?
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 01/03/16
[Linked Image]

Posted By: moosemike Re: 257 weatherby - 01/03/16
Elkhunter,
Was that taken with a .257 Weatherby?

I have a few books by Wally Taber and he took everything in East Africa except Elephant (he took those with the .300 Weatherby. There's even a youtube video of it) with the .257 Bee. He even poleaxed a Cape Buffalo with a 100 grain .257 between the eyes. I read his book from little on up and it led me to getting my own .257.
Posted By: geedubya Re: 257 weatherby - 01/03/16

G',

Ever get hung up on a fence or a gate,

Well, now that you mention it, most times its game that gets hung up on a fence..........

As I've mentioned before I do use snares,

[Linked Image]

and snare quite a few critters.

[Linked Image]

however, last week..........

I'd been out and perforated this hoglet a bit earlier

[Linked Image]

that 235 Gr. TSX out of the 376 Steyr left a blood trail a blind man could follow just by wading.

[Linked Image]

anywho, there's a pretty good game trail that the hogs use for moving to and fro.......

[Linked Image]

I proceeded to set up four snares along this trail, say over a 1/4 mile distance.

I was walking back to where I'd left my 4wheeler when all of a sudden I was face down on the trail.

I wasn't paying attention and walked right into the first snare I set..........

[Linked Image]

If something had been chasing me I'd had to pull my pistol cause I sure couldn't run. LOL

One thing for sure, the more ya' pull the tighter the noose gets. When I finally stopped laughing at myself, I had to scoot up to where I could turn the snare and loose myself.

Now a question for you.

When's the last time you posted a new pix????? Surely in all that vast area (sans gates and fences) there's something new to see.

Best,

GWB

Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 01/03/16
Originally Posted by moosemike
Elkhunter,
Was that taken with a .257 Weatherby?

I have a few books by Wally Taber and he took everything in East Africa except Elephant (he took those with the .300 Weatherby. There's even a youtube video of it) with the .257 Bee. He even poleaxed a Cape Buffalo with a 100 grain .257 between the eyes. I read his book from little on up and it led me to getting my own .257.
.30/06 and 180 gr Nosler Partitions.
Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/03/16
'fan1,

It takes a real "tricky" and "esoteric" rifle like a 700,Seven,600,Ruger MKI,MkII or American to shoot a 105 Hybrid over the counter along The Milford. Laughing!

Ha!! That's why all them bench rest guys are twisting there fancy 243 target rifles at 1-9 because it guarantees them 105's go into tiny bug holes..not!!!

Further,105's actually go 3100fps in a modest lengthed SAAMI 243Win,but you'll haveta' pardon my actually shootin' boolits that exist,in rifles that actually exist. Bless your heart.

Yeah and 115's will do 3500 in my "modest lengthed" SAAMI 257 Wby!
Run the numbers on that! Hint!! Still whooping your 243.

Knock it outta da' park and dangle "another" pic of your 257Wby,that will almost hang with a 243Win 700 S/A.

Ummm...I never posted a pic of my 257Wby!

Posted By: HEB330 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/03/16
GDUB,

You can't be too hard on him. Although it is close to the North Pole, it is not Santa's realm, but it is steeped in imagination and make believe. All that "keyboard killing" and "waxing eloquently" leaves little time for reality adventures. BTW, I liked your blades and the piggy poking.
Posted By: Fotis Re: 257 weatherby - 01/03/16

Fotis,

Laughing!...........

You bet! crap load of deer and antelope And BTW I would not take any of your crappy poop. Reminds me of a bunch of glocks thrown up with bags of skittles.... You Mega dwarf!
Arcidomana mouni tis laspis mounopano kolopaido!!!!!!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 01/04/16
DD,

Pops had it in his heart to sluice a Good Buck with Traditional Archery equipment and gave it a valiant effort. Critters didn't cooperate and I showed him that Buck through my Zeiss Spotter and said "you can kill him,or let him go".

Never had to twist an arm,nor remove the forearm protector,as I handed him my 22-250AI with 75gr S2's....................(grin)

Dooshmike,

Purty mean to tease THE Coke Bottle Kchunt about rifles,chamberings or boolits...as she cain't even remember the last year she stepped outside and left the couch.

Not that I don't enjoy that sorta humor.

Laughing!............................

G',

ONLY a fhuqking Texan could be stumped by EXIF and dates plainly cited. Though in fairness...The Texas Version of everything,is fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Cheer up,yesterday's weather was HORRID and picking glass for the conditions,were a bitch.

[Linked Image]

The Milford was humped right the fhuqk up at daybreak on an Otter Recce and my Wingman got bad sunlight in his eyes. Laughing!

[Linked Image]

Here's to you doing your best. You couldn't knock the "new",offa used pair of fhuqking boots.

Bless your heart.

'fan1,

It's "their". Dumbfhuqk. Though 5-letter words is "tricky". Laughing!

A true 9" will certainly pinhole 105's,despite your never having seen or shot one. Bless your heart.

Ummmmm...I doubt I mentioned a 257Wby scooting 115's at 3500fps here,not much more than 10 fhuqking years before you were brazen enough to register. You are sooooooooooooo fhuqking farrrrrrrrrrr behind the curve,it's simply fhuqking hilarious that your Stupidity grants you the Delusion(s),to allow you to "think" you've a first fhuqking clue. Prolly why I cited Berger .257" 115 Sucktitude(hint) and .257" 115NBT Sucktitude(hint) in summation of same. Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

To date,the 257Wby's Holy Grail as boolits go,is the vaunted 100 Blue Meanie. Google it.

I'll feign my "surprise",that you didn't dangle a pic of your piece of fhuqking schit 257Wby and that just MIGHTA been the point. Laughing!

Ain't it fhuqking funny,that even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,knows better than doing that?!? Congratulations?

Feel free to regale me more,with rifles,chamberings,twists and boolits you've never seen or shot,as I very MUCH enjoy the humor of your best efforts! Don't "forget" the pics.

'330,

At least Imagination and Pretend are priced within your "means",so you can afford to "contribute".

Besides being a Clueless Dumbfhuqk,you are also a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Congratulations?

You "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore.

Again.

Kchuntis,

You Sappy Do Nothing Dumbfhuqk...I'll feign my "surprise" that you too are a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit and yet another member of The Paper Hat Brigade that "forgot" about her Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Bless your heart.

Kudos for quoting what you "can't read",as per an Estrogen Fueled brazen "stand". Laughing!

Now knock it outta da' Park and comment on how your version of "experience" and "results",grants you the "skillset" to place them Nerf Balls with a steaming POS Redfield SFP variable,in order to harvest a "crap load of deer and antelope". Embellish as you must and Imagine/Pretend as you do...but be careful,I may have seen a scope once. Mebbe try to cite zero range,engagement distance and how POA/POI is "arranged". I assure you,it WILL be fhuqking funny.

Hint.

Laughing!

Ummmmmmm...there's no need to reiterate that you'd need a fhuqking co-signer for the scope caps alone,but Imagination and Pretend are priced within your "means",so keep Dreamin' as you must. Bless your heart.

Do you blow your plastic Rape Whistle,before or after The Shot?! Figured it only fair to ask you sumptin',that you could answer honestly.

Congratulations?

Laughing!.............
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 01/04/16
[Linked Image]

Posted By: Fotis Re: 257 weatherby - 01/04/16
Tell you what travelocity gnome. You go ahead and keep your skittle rifles and throw them on the rocks and in the water to break them in and I will stick to mine. Also you assume I am running a Redfield, that is how much you know!

You know nothing about me how I hunt what I hunt and what I have killed so fokk off you miserable "LITTLE" man.

Get some therapy and stay off the booze.

Maybe if you do someone might take you seriously instead of being the 24 hour dwarf-jester.
Posted By: Sheister Re: 257 weatherby - 01/04/16
I just have to keep dropping in to this thread like most threads that Stick is a part of. It is still pretty amazing how you guys howl and whine and let him get under your skin when it would be so much easier to just go along with the BS like GDubya has figured it out.

Or, you can just keep coming back for more which I'm sure Larry will just keep laughing about and I will just keep watching the show. You gotta admit, he's pretty darned entertaining if nothing else. If you put him on ignore like you keep threatening, think of all the abuse and entertainment you'll deny yourself and everyone else.

You guys should have been here when this site was just starting.... but that is a story for another day.....

I know one thing, when I retire in a couple years and I need somewhere to go fishing in his neck of the woods about then, I know who I'll be asking for advice....

Bob
Posted By: Fotis Re: 257 weatherby - 01/04/16
I can understand disagreeing with someone but the F this and F that to a person you never met is beyond ridiculous. I guess no one ever thought it any manners or a way to express itself.
Posted By: geedubya Re: 257 weatherby - 01/04/16

G',

You couldn't knock the "new",offa used pair of fhuqking boots.

Not my yob' mi amigo.........

[Linked Image]

Daybreak comes........

[Linked Image]

sunsets go

[Linked Image]

When it comes to poking hoglets,

[Linked Image]

I'm there don't-cha know

[Linked Image]
(hill country wind chimes)

JAPPFT,

[Linked Image]

GWB

Posted By: Powerguy Re: 257 weatherby - 01/04/16
A co-signer for scope caps!!!!!

Phuqk that was funny as hell

Thanks Stick
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
Kchuntis,

You dangled a picture of the piece of fhuqking schit Redfield and stated it were your 257Wby that's killed "crap loads". Hint. That rifle really looks like it's been outside nearly once. Laughing!

I'll feign my "surprise" that besides being a Clueless Fhuqk,you also remain a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. You "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Again.

Laughing!

Now what you will want to keep in mind,is that you'll always be ahead of the curve,by starting with fhuqking yourself...simply because you WILL get more poozy that way. Bless your heart.

Laughing!

Please find me "mistaken",I assure you,it WILL be fhuqking funny! Or Whine some more,add some fresh Excuses and obliviously quantify further,what an Amazingly Inept Do Nothing Dumbfhuqk you are.

Don't let the cat get your tongue or the couch your kchunt.

Just sayin'.

Laughing!...........................

Bob,

Do not begin to slight how "REAL" Imaginary Pretend Ignore is,to these Stupid Fhuqks.

Never been tough to cypher who shoots and who don't.

Bless their hearts...................

G',

Can you sleep in Spanish?

The Texas Version of everything...is fhuqking HILARIOUS!

Laughing!.......................

'guy,

She could gawwdamned nearly afford caps for her High Zoot Redfield aboard her vaunted Death Ray. I mean it was fhuqking CLOSE! Laughing!

I wonder why she didn't muse how she steered them AccuBombs and touched a leetle on POA/POI correlations,instead of going right to fhuqking lying and touching upon how very tender her feelers are?!?

What were the fhuqking "odds"?!?

Laughing!

Wow +P++!..........................

Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
[Linked Image]

Posted By: HEB330 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
GWB,

Very nice!

However, I think you are fortunate there aren't any Internet Forum Fish & Game Officers. I'm pretty sure you would be cited for: 1) Hunting over a baited field, 2) Harvesting immature specimens, and 3) Exceeding the limit ;-)

Well done.....
Posted By: wbyfan1 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
'fan1,

It's "their". Dumbfhuqk. Though 5-letter words is "tricky". Laughing!

A true 9" will certainly pinhole 105's,despite your never having seen or shot one. Bless your heart.

Ummmmm...I doubt I mentioned a 257Wby scooting 115's at 3500fps here,not much more than 10 fhuqking years before you were brazen enough to register. You are sooooooooooooo fhuqking farrrrrrrrrrr behind the curve,it's simply fhuqking hilarious that your Stupidity grants you the Delusion(s),to allow you to "think" you've a first fhuqking clue. Prolly why I cited Berger .257" 115 Sucktitude(hint) and .257" 115NBT Sucktitude(hint) in summation of same. Pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess. Hint.

To date,the 257Wby's Holy Grail as boolits go,is the vaunted 100 Blue Meanie. Google it.

I'll feign my "surprise",that you didn't dangle a pic of your piece of fhuqking schit 257Wby and that just MIGHTA been the point. Laughing!

Ain't it fhuqking funny,that even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,knows better than doing that?!? Congratulations?

Feel free to regale me more,with rifles,chamberings,twists and boolits you've never seen or shot,as I very MUCH enjoy the humor of your best efforts! Don't "forget" the pics.

This the best you can come with??? Phugging laughing! Nothing but the same ol' regurgitative bullchit. A real shame when something doesn't fit your tired ol' narrative. Every time the 257 Wby is brought up on the Fire you wax eloquent on how a saami 243 will "smack the phuq" out of it, then cite ballistic comparisons using the chitiest BC bullets available for the 257 vs heavy for caliber target bullets in the 243. Nice work! I cite the 115 VLD and BST and the best you can come with is the metal sucks..chitty bullets!!! What a Tard!!! These bullets have never failed me, chit dies every time I pull the trigger.

Once again, the 115 Berger at 3500 from a 257 Wby kicks the chit out of a 105 Hybrid at 3100.

I'm outta here. It's obvious you have nothing meaningful to add.

Posted By: Fotis Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
Did it ever occur to you that it came with that scope (because I bought the fibermark used) and I swapped optics out?

THINK before yelling and cussing skittle boy.
Posted By: jorgeI Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
Originally Posted by wbyfan1

Once again, the 115 Berger at 3500 from a 257 Wby kicks the chit out of a 105 Hybrid at 3100.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: geedubya Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
GWB,

Very nice!

However, I think you are fortunate there aren't any Internet Forum Fish & Game Officers. I'm pretty sure you would be cited for: 1) Hunting over a baited field, 2) Harvesting immature specimens, and 3) Exceeding the limit ;-)

Well done.....

[Linked Image]

Welcome to Tejas

Here one can kill hoglets 24/7/365, by any legal means, no bag limit, and they are the best tasting bullet test media I know of.

snipe.......

[Linked Image]

snare........

[Linked Image]

trap........

[Linked Image]

so...........

large

[Linked Image]

or small

[Linked Image]

I kill 'em all (they're made out of meat aren't they)

JAPPFT,

GWB

Jorge:

How can that be??? it is a skittle special MONTUCKY. Nothing can beat that except the gene for tallness!
Posted By: Big Stick Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
elkkchunt,

You REALLY get after it.

Any pics from this decade?!?

'1,

Facts have never not ever been any less,than more than enough and your Stupidity "enabling" you to be devoid those constants,is nobody's "fault" but your's. Hint.

The above Posters cited days/years of exhaustive "Ballistic Research" in regards to the 257Wby,which you clearly missed,like all other salient points. Those "findings" arranged for a hilarious multitude of Goat Fhuqks,which also sail over your pointy head. Congratulations? Hint.

It would add even more hilarity to the fray,if you were indeed fhuqking Stupid enough to convince yourself,that you've shot 10% as much 257Wby as I. You'll haveta' pardon my being afforded the luxury of not being forced to guess,as I've simply spent the powder,shot the bullets and burned out the barrels. Hint.

The .257" 115 Berger is a schit boolit,plain and simple. It's BC is inflated and it is zookier than fhuqk. The .257" 115NBT is a better pitch in terminal affects,but what the fhuqk ain't?!? Hint.

The .243" 105 Berger Hybrid is their best offering,yet still a [bleep] Berger and far more zookie than other mainstays,though it's BC is farrrrrrrrr closer to it's billing than the Quarterbore's. Hint.

The 105 Hybrid is very easily trumped in terminal affects ala Hornie HPBT's of like mass,as well as the Skinner in same. The Hybrid is a better pitch in 6BR,as reliability goes. Again...pardon my shooting it all. Hint.

Now I find it fascinating,that your copious Stupidity and Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery granted you the Delusion(s),that you were ever "in"...but now with fanfare you are suddenly "out". THAT is fhuqking funny! Doubly so,because you were almost brazen enough to dangle a pic of your piece of fhuqking schit and the "results". Almost. Laughing! Hint.

Good time to "threaten" Imaginary Pretend Ignore,as you stomp your itty-bitty feet,as frosting for your Hissy Fit. Hint.

Again and if only because facts matter...ALL .25's are heavily compromised,due projectile concessions. A .25cal of like case capacity cannot begin to hang with a .243",due those facts and the only way one can get a .25cal to be in the fray with a "lowly" S/A 22" SAAMI OEM 243Win,is to throw a copious increase of case capacity at it's Ping Pong Balls. Though of course as plainly cited,other S/A offerings of modest barrel length,will simply crush it. You'll haveta' yet again pardon my shooting them all. Hint.

Here's HOPING,there is a Stupid Fhuqker here somewhere that is dumb enough,to build/buy a 257Wby after your Vagina Monologue and splendid pixels have changed her mind and she's seen the light. LAUGHING! Hint.

Bullets matter farrrrrrrrrr more than headstamps and that fact really fhuqks with pointy heads. Hint.

Do not let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt as you "tell" me more. Hint.

You "hard chargers" are a fhuqking hoot!

Kchuntis,

Rest assured,I've zero interest in upsetting either your Imagination or it's Pretend and you simply feel free to concoct the lie(s) that "work" the "best" for you. Fact is...you are doing fhuqking "great"! You "forgot" about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore (again),you Lying Sack Of Clueless Schit. Hint.

Laughing!

Again I will feign my great "surprise",that your Stupidity precludes you from concocting a ruse,that "magically" allows you to arrange POA/POI intersections with your Death Ray and it's Ping Pong Balls. I wonder why that is,given "all" of your "knowledge","experience" and "results"?!? LAUGHING! Hint.

Bless your heart.

Perhaps you and 'fan oughtta exchange Secret Squirrel PM's and really go for the throat,with your Dynamic Duo Of Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery. Hint.

Just sayin'.

WhoreHey,

It do add more than a little humor to the fray,in that the only time you've "seen" a boolit you are trying to swoon...is if I dangled a pic of same. Congratulations?

I'll feign my "surprise",that you are a Lying Piece Of Clueless Fhuqking Schit too and "forgot" all about your Imaginary Pretend Ignore. Again.

When you Do Nothing Dumbfhuqks make a "stand",you REALLY mean it.

I'm crying I'm laughing sooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!!!

I never know which will be funnier,the Excuses or the Whine and the one thing for certain about you Window Licking Dumbfhuqs,is that when it's all said and done...there willhave been a fhuqk of a LOT more said,than done.

Speakin' of which,hows that POS 9-lugged 7mm treating you? Almost shoot it yet?!? Laughing!

Bless your heart.

Posted By: David_Walter Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
GWB,

Next time I'm in Texas I'll have to drop by for a chat. Where exactly are you in the Lone Star State?
Posted By: HEB330 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
GWB,

I hope you know I was speaking metaphorically about our Alaskan Ewok.......not about killing pork. Hailing from FL originally, I'm familiar with hunting them 24/7/365 on private property. Bow, shotgun, muzzleloader or rifle, they are fun to hunt (and great to eat!)
Posted By: moosemike Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
I wish they'd offer the .270 Weatherby mag in the Vanguard. I think that is the pick of the litter.

G',

Can you sleep in Spanish?

B,

let me answer by way of a tune to set the mood..........

and then a short anecdote,

The story of Jose and Pablo

Seems Jose and Pablo are friends from a certain country down south where Spanish is spoken. A good number of years back they both motivated north to seek their fortune.

Each day they go to the intersection of a major traffic artery. Plenty of cars going to and fro, but caught at a long light. This gives Pablo and Juan lot of time to walk by with their sign asking for money.

Well this has gone on for a number of years.

Jose lives in a fine house. His wife drives a Cadillac Escalade and his kids go to private school.

Pablo however is barely making ends meet. His wife has to make her own tortillas from masa and his kids look like rag-a-muffins on their way to catch the bus to school.

Finally one day Pablo asks Jose “how come you do so good and I do so bad. We both panhandle the gringos for dinero.

Jose sez to Pablo, let me see your sign.

Pablo does. His sign says……… will work for food, anything will help.

Jose sez to Pablo, no, no, no, you’re doing it all wrong. Here is the sign I use………

[Linked Image]

So, with all this excitement about Weatherby's, I happened upon a swwweeeeet wood-stocked Mark V in 300 Weatherby,

[Linked Image]

And, as I hear there are a number of Alaskans heading this way with mucho dinero, there's no time for a siesta.....

Arriba'

Jose C.
blah blah blah The world hates me, I hate myself, I was genetically cheated and I know everything!

Kisses ...... skittle dwarf.
GWB love that single shot.

Just bought one just like yours

[Linked Image]
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16
What scope are you gonna put on that .300 Wby,GeeDub?
Originally Posted by Fotis
GWB love that single shot.

Just bought one just like yours

Fotis,

10/4 on that. I've prolly owned a dozen or so B-78's, Brownings and Winchesters. 22 hornet, 6mm Rem. 25-06, 270 WSM,
7Mag, 30-06. 454 Casull and now a 375 H & H.

Many of the old Brownings, both hi-wall and B-78 have amazing wood under all that acrylic resin.

[Linked Image]

Being a junk-man at heart, I luv picking them up on the cheap and stripping the stocks to see what's underneath.

The new Winchesters, not so much.

I endeavor to always have at least one 1885 in my "quiver"

[Linked Image]

I do luv single shots, and the hi-walls are capable of fine accuracy

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Cousins

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

I'm thinking something like one of these two........

[Linked Image]

3-15 Zeiss or 4.5 x 14 Leupold, 40 mm Objective.

Being as I rarely shoot past 300 yds I can either do the CDS dial or just hold over with a 200 yd. zero.

Best,

GWB

Posted By: rosco1 Re: 257 weatherby - 01/05/16

you dont mean that.
Posted By: elkhunternm Re: 257 weatherby - 01/06/16
Originally Posted by geedubya

[Linked Image]

Being as I rarely shoot past 300 yds I can either do the CDS dial or just hold over with a 200 yd. zero.

Best,

GWB

Excellent choices GeeDub!

If it were me,I would do the 200 yd zero and just hold over.
Posted By: Fotis Re: 257 weatherby - 01/06/16
Great scopes GW!!!!!
Posted By: RJM Re: 257 weatherby - 01/06/16
Originally Posted by geedubya

[Linked Image]

Best,

GWB

Since the Weatherby shoots so flat, zero at 300 and depending on the load you'll only be 2.5" high at 100, 3.5 at 200 and 8" low at 400...

The 4.5-14 is one of my favorite scopes...
Posted By: AggieDog Re: 257 weatherby - 01/06/16
Love those rifles GW!
© 24hourcampfire