Home
What are the different models (L61R, 691, AV, etc.) and finishes (Finnbear, Hunter, etc.)?

Which ones are more highly regarded?

Thanks
The A series are my personal favorites.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...27566/all/Which_Sakos_are_the_most_sough
Thanks. I'm looking at a AV Finnbear in 270. Any guesses to what it's worth? Really nice wood.
Post a photo or two and you will get some opinions.
[Linked Image]
If in the $800 range unaltered and in nice shape I'd be very tempted. Very well made rifles, imported by Stoeger.

Standard left hand Stoeger imported Sako. Import stamps have little to do with how Sakos were made, only when. This would be a late 80's import, judging by the looks of the rifle. Left hand can add a premium to the gun, but can also make it hard to sell. If you are looking for a left handed rifle, this could be your huckleberry, as you won't find a better one for the money.

It is a standard grade rifle, the scope is of little consequence, unless you have some use for a Zeiss Conquest scope. Rings and bases are serviceable, but the gun is what you are buying. I would put a realistic value at $800.00- $1000.00
Left-handed Sakos are somewhat hard to find. I'd love to have that one; I have an AV lefty in a McMillan in .25-06. I'd say value somewhere north of $1000.00.
Bob

[Linked Image]
If it goes for the $1000 reserve that he has posted, it would be a fair price. I had a .375H&H in the same configuration that was accurate and reliable. If you are looking for a LH .270, this would be a decent rifle. JMO. YMMV.

Originally Posted by herschel34
[Linked Image]

I own the same Sako but in a right handed configuration. Let me tell you, it's a shooter! With the Zeiss scope, if you get it for $1,000 you will be very happy with your purchase. I'd even go to $1100, just like Shrap mentioned lefties aren't easy to find. Sako is the best value for a factory rifle...end of story.
I'd go $1100 and not think twice if the rest of the rifle is in as good of condition as the portion in your picture. I have a LH Sako 591 in 7mm-08 and it is a tack driver. The action is so slick that you couldn't tell if you are cycling the bolt empty or picking up a round from the magazine if you were blindfolded. I love the palm swell on the grip as well.
© 24hourcampfire