Home
Whats been your experience?

Any and all chamberings....
I bought some in 270 Win, and it has proven to be very accurate in my Pre 64 Win FWT.

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to test terminal performance....yet.

donsm70
Originally Posted by donsm70
I bought some in 270 Win, and it has proven to be very accurate in my Pre 64 Win FWT.

Unfortunately, I have not had a chance to test terminal performance....yet.

donsm70

Same here. Very accurate in the 3 7-08's Ive tried it in.
16bore - my experience with Hornady WT ammo in .243W has been mixed. Shot in my Marlin XS7C it beats WallyWorld Rem(100gr) and Win (100gr)PP in group size. MOA to 1.5/1.75MOA. Shot in a Ruger Predator the Remington ammo out-shoots both the others. That's about it. Homesteader
Crazy accurate in a Savage 111 25-06.
Shot a mature doe two years ago at 150 yards with a 30-06.
Bucked like a bronco, ran about 40 yards and collapsed.
Used some in my 308 this year. Accurate and very good terminal performance. Nothing less than I would expect from the Interlock bullet.
I dropped 3 deer last year in their tracks with the 139 grn 7mm-08 but the bullets came all to pieces on shoulder and rib shots. I dug a half dozen pieces out of the shoulder meat on each one.
Experience 1:
My 14 yo son killed a whitetail buck this year at 115 yards. Heart shot, ran a few yards into the trees and expired. Found the bullet under the off side skin.
Three shots on paper printed a 1" group, sighted in 200yd zero according to the trajectory chart on the box (2" high at 100 IIRC). Shot 3 check shots on steel at 300yds. Rifle was a Ruger M77 flatbolt in .243 Winchester.
Experience 2:
Tried 150gr AWC ammo in my Ruger American Rifle, chambered in 308. Grouped around 1.5 - 2" @100yds.
Switched to Hornady 168 grain Z-max and printed a nice 1" 4 shot group at 100yds. I guess it likes 165+/- grain bullets better. I'm ok with that.
Use nothing but the AM.WTs in 3 Fwt. pre-64s (2 .308s and a 30-06), a Ruger AW 7MM08, and a model 7 .308.
The accuracy has been excellent across the board and the two Whitetails I've shot with them had one drop like a truck hit it and the other plowed it's front end maybe 15' and collapsed. That was a .308 150gr. and a 7MM08 139gr.
For factory ammo, it's the best and most consistent I've run across.

John
I have not shot it, but a friend shoots it. It shoots sub-inch in his .308 and 7-08. I hand load and love Il bullets. They have always shot well and perform great on game.

AW is great ammo and a good deal, also.
I'm going to try the 140's and see WTF. Setting up a "One & Done" rig at the moment. O&D in my opinion means not monkeying with ammo. HS stocked M70, 270, VXII 3X9, DD's.

Boringly boring.....

Took a gander at some HAW (at Gander, no less) and popped a box open. Looks to be some well put together stuff. No funky crimps like Remigton. Didn't have the load I wanted, but looks more like it came off my bench rather than out of a sweat shop.

To be continued......
© 24hourcampfire