Home
I have a 1997 Model Seven SS synthetic. Who was making their stocks at the time?
Remington?

Unless they outsourced production to a company that specialized in injection molding.
Hogue?
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Remington?

Unless they outsourced production to a company that specialized in injection molding.

It's possible. I assumed they were a Bell and Carlson or something along those lines. I do know it is much higher quality than the ones they use today.
I don't know but I replaced my son's Model 7 .308 stainless with an HS Precision stock. It's slightly heavier but for such a light rifle it's a tackdriver
Originally Posted by timspawn
Remington?

It's possible. I assumed they were a Bell and Carlson or something along those lines. I do know it is much higher quality than the ones they use today.

Just curious, but what makes the 1997 injection molded Remington Seven stainless synthetic stocks better than the more recent production?
Originally Posted by timspawn
Remington?

Just curious, but what makes the 1997 injection molded Remington Seven stainless synthetic stocks better than the more recent production?

I may have spoken out of turn, I am comparing the 1997 Model Seven stock to the current Model 700 stock. Are the current Seven stocks different than the current 700 or SPS stocks?
I find the older pebble-finish, non-checkered M7 stocks to be really heavy. Perhaps they are sturdier than the current models, but they're about a half pound heavier.
Have a friend that worked at Ilion.Said there was dumpsters full of soda bottle's they would melt.
© 24hourcampfire