Home
I know I can and it will likely detach a retina but will it hold up. I see no reason why it wouldn't but have heard it's not recommended. It will be bedded with marine tex and has pillars. If nobody comments I'll let you all know how the first few rounds go. Thanks.
I was in the office at McM picking up a stock, and asked about mounting my 338 Win Mag in one and the folks there "highly recommend not too." They advertise that they are okay up to 300 Magnums as I recall.
I figure if the folks making them say that, I will follow their advice....even though I really wanted to lighten that bugger up a bit. Good luck.
Joe
From McMillan's website:

Though an ultralight, it is still guaranteed to handle the recoil of all magnum cartridges through .300 Win Mag.
My 300 ultra has a McMillan supergrade edge stock and it has held up fine. Actually had it at the range today after hearing about bear sightings in the Anchorage area the other day.
I honestly think with proper bedding it will be fine. I'm going to do it.
Will be curious to your outcome.
Please post results going forward. I would like to see how it goes for that set up after a substantial test of a 100 rounds or so.
Still would like to lighten my beast a bit. grin
Hope it works out well.
Joe
Edge will hold up.

The 338 Rum is very manageable out of a regular McM. I'd not go Edge though.

I've hauled my 700 338 Rum in a GAP Swirly Classic around a lot. Great rifle. Go swirly.
Prayers sent. Lawd!
© 24hourcampfire