Home
Lookie what followed me home from the local gun shop. Used, but appears new. Doesn't look like it has more than a couple boxes of ammo through it.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
I'm assuming a 2008 limited edition. Pretty nice rifles.
I have one in 30/06 and have hunted for the 270 Win that was sold at the same time. I really like those deluxes. Swap out the trigger for a Timney and you have a very nice rifle.
[Linked Image]

Damn,that's nice.
Very nice, great snag!
I agree great snag!
Do these have the MOA trigger or the old style model 70 trigger?
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Do these have the MOA trigger or the old style model 70 trigger?

MOA
Nice rifle!
It could be a twin to mine. Once put an Ernie's the Gunsmith spring in it, the rifle started shooting tiny groups with my best handloads at commercial ammo speeds.
Beautiful rifle. Great cartridge as well.
I have two just like this one. One I will never part with and the other is new in the box. I would consider selling the NIB rifle if anyone is interested. It is a beautiful rifle but it doesn't have quite the character in the stock as the one posted above.
Originally Posted by MichiganScott
It could be a twin to mine. Once put an Ernie's the Gunsmith spring in it, the rifle started shooting tiny groups with my best handloads at commercial ammo speeds.

You are one smart man. The other poster that said he bought a Timney for his, wasted a chit ton of money. The Ernie spring is the only way to go for the MOA. I also used to have a 2008 limited edition, but it was a 300 WSM. I found it at a local gunshow for $600.00. It only had a box of ammo though it too. Damn near new..:

[Linked Image]
Nice rifle RatherBHuntin! I used to have a M70 Classic in 270 WSM, but with much plainer wood than yours.
Originally Posted by kaboku68
I have one in 30/06 and have hunted for the 270 Win that was sold at the same time. I really like those deluxes. Swap out the trigger for a Timney and you have a very nice rifle.

Here's that 2008 270 you've been looking for (I was looking for the '06 and took this one home instead)...

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

You are one smart man. The other poster that said he bought a Timney for his, wasted a chit ton of money. The Ernie spring is the only way to go for the MOA. I also used to have a 2008 limited edition, but it was a 300 WSM. I found it at a local gunshow for $600.00. It only had a box of ammo though it too. Damn near new..:

[Linked Image]

I scored big on mine. Came with a vx3 3.5-10x40 w a boone n crocket reticle for $645 out the door. Not a scratch on it and no muzzle wear, so must be a low round count... I figured worst case scenario is i sell the rifle for a small profit and get the scope for free!😀😀
That is sweet, I would have brought it home myself. Very nice. I might sell one of my plastic stocked rifles to fund that thing.
Originally Posted by RatherBHuntin
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

[Linked Image]

I scored big on mine. Came with a vx3 3.5-10x40 w a boone n crocket reticle for $645 out the door. Not a scratch on it and no muzzle wear, so must be a low round count... I figured worst case scenario is i sell the rifle for a small profit and get the scope for free!😀😀

Damn, you did good!!!! I'm glad to see some guys getting good deals on great rifles like that. I bet you will really like it.
© 24hourcampfire