Home
Posted By: ADicus Ruger Zytel - 06/22/16
Hey guys anyone have any leads on the original SS sling swivels for a Ruger zytel stock?

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Ruger Zytel - 06/22/16
Ruger ?

gunpartscorp.com ?
Posted By: ADicus Re: Ruger Zytel - 06/22/16
I have contacted all of the below with no luck!

Brownels
Ruger
Gunpartscorp
Numich
Midwayusa
Jack1st
Trackofthewolf
And a few pawn shops out west that get them in regularly I think my best bet is if someone has had one and converted it to the modern sling swivels and kept the old swivels. If anyone knows someone who may have them or another site to try let me know!

Thanks in advance!
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Ruger Zytel - 06/26/16
It would probably be easiest to take the general design parameters to a machine shop and have them make them.
Posted By: ADicus Re: Ruger Zytel - 06/28/16
I thought about that but I cant imagine it's affordable to have just one made?
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Ruger Zytel - 06/28/16
You could do it yourself really easy.

Go to the hardware store and buy some light metal about 1/4" wide. Cut to length, put in two 90 degree bends, and drill holes in each end first, then run a small bolt/nut through it.

Or, just use paracord through the holes in the stock and tie the sling on.
Posted By: lastround Re: Ruger Zytel - 06/29/16
Welcome to the Campfire, ADicus.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Ruger Zytel - 06/29/16
He might find some tiny shackles that would also work. I had a couple, a .22 and a .308, and those swivels that relied on tension to stay in place always made me uneasy.
Posted By: 458Win Re: Ruger Zytel - 06/29/16
I probably have a few
Posted By: ADicus Re: Ruger Zytel - 06/30/16
458Win i sent you a PM.

To all who have offered suggestions I appreciate them but I am leaning more towards replacing instead of making something.

Thanks again for all the input and some great ideas i will probably use and keep in my bag in case of emergency in the field.

Posted By: Coyote_Hunter Re: Ruger Zytel - 07/01/16

If I had a boat paddle stock that was missing the sling swivels I'd simply install studs and run pins through the holes where the swivels used to be.

Take a look at the stainless .30-06 on the right in the picture below. It came in a brown laminate stock which I replaced with a Zytel stock I purchased used. A previous owner did exactly that.

If anyone is really interested I can pull the stock and take close-up pictures of the work done inside the forearm.

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Reloder28 Re: Ruger Zytel - 07/03/16
Originally Posted by ADicus
I thought about that but I cant imagine it's affordable to have just one made?

Improvise.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Ruger Zytel - 07/03/16
Paracord.
Zip ties.
Galvanized #9 fencing wire.
© 24hourcampfire