Home
Posted By: m1rifleman sako value - 06/29/16
what's the highest value you would put on the following rifle: Sako 22 250 lightweight, wood, vg metal and wood condition, non Bofors marked barrel. The current owner has had this rifle for 10 years and never shot it.however he's never cleaned it either frown and the bore appeared to have some minor pitting near the muzzle, hard to tell with the inspection I made at the time. wearing a cheapo tasco scope.
Posted By: Poconojack Re: sako value - 06/29/16
Pics would be very helpful, Bofors steel was last used in the mid 1960's. Lots of possibilities here....
Posted By: woodson Re: sako value - 06/29/16
Shrapnel will be along to assist. He is our resident Sako guy.
Posted By: Cruiser1 Re: sako value - 06/29/16
What model?
Posted By: MERWIN Re: sako value - 07/14/16
Poconojack

IIRC - according to the Sako forums, a lawsuit took place between Sako and Bofors regarding the use of the copyright Bofors name on Sako’s barrels. Sako didn’t want to pay royalties and discontinued marking the barrels with the Bofors name but didn’t stop using their steel.

ME
Posted By: deflave Re: sako value - 07/14/16
Originally Posted by m1rifleman
what's the highest value you would put on the following rifle: Sako 22 250 lightweight, wood, vg metal and wood condition, non Bofors marked barrel. The current owner has had this rifle for 10 years and never shot it.however he's never cleaned it either frown and the bore appeared to have some minor pitting near the muzzle, hard to tell with the inspection I made at the time. wearing a cheapo tasco scope.

What model Sako is it?

Dave
Posted By: Poconojack Re: sako value - 07/14/16
Originally Posted by MERWIN
Poconojack

IIRC - according to the Sako forums, a lawsuit took place between Sako and Bofors regarding the use of the copyright Bofors name on Sako’s barrels. Sako didn’t want to pay royalties and discontinued marking the barrels with the Bofors name but didn’t stop using their steel.

ME

True, but theguns with the Bofors stamped barrels have always commanded a premium....
Posted By: gene270 Re: sako value - 07/14/16
yep need more info on what model to get a $ amount
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: sako value - 07/19/16
Action alone is worth 4-500 depending on model....
Posted By: hanco Re: sako value - 08/21/16
Prob 700.00
© 24hourcampfire