Home
Seems like this would be a great set-up, but I just haven't heard anything about them. Is it that the Weatherby calibers aren't known for great accuracy? Or is it something else?
Well no, but my late friend had an accu-something or other. It had a tannish colored stock that had the spray webbing on it, so it had a rough finished stock.

It was in 300 Bee and it shot lights out. Nice trigger. I really liked it.
It's basically a vanguard with a heavier #3 contour bbl. They "hand pick" them to guarantee they shoot under an inch.

Truth is I've never seen any vanguard shoot OVER an inch

The acciguard has a full length bedding "plate", whatever that is

The stocks are bell and csrlson.
I have one I bought at Cabelas on closeout for 485 dollars. 410 stainless action and barrel # 3 contour and chambered in 300 weatherby. I put a timney trigger in it and will redo the factory bedding. It will be my new ELk rifle .

Yeah Vanguards don't shoot at all, they are awful grin
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
I have one I bought at Cabelas on closeout for 485 dollars. 410 stainless action and barrel # 3 contour and chambered in 300 weatherby. I put a timney trigger in it and will redo the factory bedding. It will be my new ELk rifle .

For that price it's a no brainer. When did Cabelas close them out?
Originally Posted by Tackdriver22250
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter

For that price it's a no brainer. When did Cabelas close them out?

4 months ago, they had two of them . I should have bought both of the SOB's.. Fort Mill, SC store but do not bother calling them they do not have any , I have called every CAbelas within a few hundred miles of my home and no luck. I want one in 240 weatherby .
© 24hourcampfire