Home
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I picked up this Husqvarna .30-06 S&W import today for $500 with the Leupold vx-ii 3-9x50. The gun is in 99% condition and I basically got the scope for free. I'm pretty stoked to say the least!
Nice, very very nice
Liking it. Is there a cheekpiece? Guessing not. More pictures? What the vintage?
Huskys are the nicest Mauser actions ...and can be had pretty cheap....
Enjoy...
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
Liking it. Is there a cheekpiece? Guessing not. More pictures? What the vintage?

Yes, it has a cheekpiece. It was made after Husqvarna switched from CRF to push feed so it's 1970-72. Husky made a silky smooth push feed action but after a couple hundred years of making rifles, shotguns, and handguns they got out of the firearms business in 1973. They still make a nice chainsaw!
Very nice!
That is my backup/loaner, a S&W B in 30-06, but with a Vari-X II 3-9x40. The 1900 action is the smoothest going, triggers not so much, a steal at $500.
Beautiful rifle and a great deal.
Friend has a 270....
Thanks everyone. I already took that giant belled VX-II off and put an M8 4X on it. It doesn't look overscoped now. I mean it has a 20" barrel. The 3-9x50 seemed like too much.
I wish I could figure out how to remove the bolt.
No experience with that action but have you tried pulling the trigger before you pull back on the bolt?
Originally Posted by patbrennan
No experience with that action but have you tried pulling the trigger before you pull back on the bolt?

Turns you have to pull back on the trigger harder than I expected and it comes out.
Posted By: K22 Re: S&W model B (Husqvarna) 30-06 - 08/07/16
With the bolt out you can now adjust the trigger pull. The adjustment screw head is in the receiver tang under the bolt head.
Thanks!
I have the same thing in a Model A, wearing a K4 Weaver, that I have been shooting since ~1972. Bolt is smooth and fast. A trigger shoe smoothed out the pull. A quality recoil pad rounds out the ensemble.

Recently was loaned a FFV-Husqvarna in .338-06. Gentlemen that loaned it is going to show me his high grade FFV in 7mm Mag one of these first days.
What's FFV mean?
Posted By: jpb Re: S&W model B (Husqvarna) 30-06 - 08/08/16
Originally Posted by moosemike
What's FFV mean?

Försvarets Fabriksverk.

The literal translation from Swedish is "Defense Factory Works", a government-owned corporation.

John

FFV and Carl Gustav were 2 of the brand names that Husqvarna sold under toward the end of their firearms business.

I have a matched pair of rifles built on S&W B's, both kept the action and wood, but replaced the barrels with 25" Douglas stainless in 256 Newton and 338-06.
Posted By: Joe Re: S&W model B (Husqvarna) 30-06 - 08/08/16
I mounted a 1.5-5 Leupold on my B and think it looks just right for a hunting rifle. Congrats on a fine rifle BTW, were you wearing a mask when you got it? grin
Originally Posted by Joe
I mounted a 1.5-5 Leupold on my B and think it looks just right for a hunting rifle. Congrats on a fine rifle BTW, were you wearing a mask when you got it? grin

No, but you're not the first person to ask if I was. smile
Nice rifle!
Posted By: RGK Re: S&W model B (Husqvarna) 30-06 - 08/21/16
The lefties are somewhat rare and hard to find. I had this Carl Gustav on a moose hunt in Sweden.
Bob

[Linked Image]
That's sweet! I am a lefty but I never run into left hand rifles I really like. That one I do.
© 24hourcampfire