Home
Posted By: Travis13 Tikka CTR Limbsaver? - 08/22/16
Anyone know which model Limbsaver fits the CTR? Does it have the same pad as a Lite?
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Tikka CTR Limbsaver? - 08/22/16
Same pad as the light...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Gtscotty Re: Tikka CTR Limbsaver? - 08/23/16
I love my .308 CTR, it's one of the most accurate rifles I own (went 2 for 3 on clay pigeons at 700yds on Sunday). That said, it does kick more than a .308 ought to, and I've thought about about giving it the limbsaver treatment like the other Tikkas I've owned. I'm sort of concerned that the cushy pad might mess with consistent shoulder pressure and affect accuracy... Have you seen any change in accuracy since you put the limbsaver on?
Posted By: Gtscotty Re: Tikka CTR Limbsaver? - 08/23/16
Accidental Double Tap.
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Tikka CTR Limbsaver? - 08/24/16
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
Have you seen any change in accuracy since you put the limbsaver on?

Nope.... but that'n is a .260...
Posted By: Travis13 Re: Tikka CTR Limbsaver? - 08/24/16
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
I love my .308 CTR, it's one of the most accurate rifles I own (went 2 for 3 on clay pigeons at 700yds on Sunday). That said, it does kick more than a .308 ought to, and I've thought about about giving it the limbsaver treatment like the other Tikkas I've owned. I'm sort of concerned that the cushy pad might mess with consistent shoulder pressure and affect accuracy... Have you seen any change in accuracy since you put the limbsaver on?

You could always try a brake. I know they are loud but if your goal is reduced recoil, there is no doubt they are very effective. I shot a CTR 308 with a APA Little Bastard Brake and it was incredible how much it reduced the recoil. And yes it was loud.
Posted By: Travis13 Re: Tikka CTR Limbsaver? - 08/24/16
My 260 CTR arrives today. Whittakers are awesome people!
Posted By: cotis Re: Tikka CTR Limbsaver? - 08/24/16
I have the Limbsaver AirTech pad on my CTR 308 and love it. No problems with consistent shoulder pressure. I have a Silencerco ASR muzzle brake/suppressor mount on mine. It is loud without the can installed, but I always shoot it with the can on! Recoil is GREATLY reduced with the suppressor, and very accurate.
Posted By: Gtscotty Re: Tikka CTR Limbsaver? - 08/24/16
Originally Posted by Travis13

You could always try a brake. I know they are loud but if your goal is reduced recoil, there is no doubt they are very effective. I shot a CTR 308 with a APA Little Bastard Brake and it was incredible how much it reduced the recoil. And yes it was loud.

I put a SiCo Trifecta brake on my CTR early on so I could QD my Saker762. Turns out the QD adapter for the Saker isn't as repeatable as the direct thread adapter, the brake, on the other hand, worked so well that I've left it on. I am getting a little tired of the concussion though, even with plugs and muffs, it gets a little old after a 50-75 rd range session. Given the responses, from other CTR owners, I might just get the limbsaver. I've always liked how well limbsavers have tamed my other Tikkas
© 24hourcampfire