Home
Promised an update so...

This was my first day out with the 6.5 and 30-378. The 7mm Bee is still a work in progress.

Not a bad day at all!

6,5 Bee 130 AB at 3450 fps gotta play with seating depth???????

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

One more grain and I got 3540 but group was .8" or so.....

30-378 3240 fps 200 AB

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

7mm bee 154 HIL 3250

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

7mm 120 TTSX 3550 fps gotta play with seating depth.

[Linked Image]
Looks great.. I used those 120's to kill a lot of coyotes in years past.. I am thinking of giving my 7mm Wea. to one of my younger pals.. Don't use it much.. A great caliber..
When I used to load a bunch for a couple of 7mm Weatherbys I found they showed "nice statistics" over the chrono, low ES and SD numbers.
I either need to play with seating depth or bedding in that 7mm Bee. Everything seems to be 2 in 1 out. Optics checked.

Plus to decide do I want the 120 TTSX or the 154 Interlock for deer.
The TTSX wasn't around in my 7Wby days, but the 154 Interlock of the day was a hammer.
Hopefully the 154 Interlock will do good against mule deer at 3250.
They should be wicked on deer. They were pretty accurate in my 7 MSM as well.

What powder are you using in the 7mm Wby?
78.5 gr Retumbo for the 154
No real need, but I want one of those 6.5 Weatherby's.
I`ve never played with light bullets in mine, usually 160`s and above..really like the 162 SST`s, shoot very well at 3180. Have you tried them?
Nice looking rifles BTB.
The old 162 btsp was another good one. I think all my 154 and 162 Interlocks are 80's vintage back stock from Dad's old hoard. He loved his 7Wby.
She is real finicky! She wont do any better with the 150 or 160 Partitions and she hates the 150 ABLR's!!! The 120 TTSX and the 154 Hornady interlocks are the only too thus far that did better than MOA
I have found mine has problems with the VLD type profile bullets. I had to go to the Berger 180 grn. Hybred to get the gun to shoot Bergers, LRAB`s do not work at all. Standard 160 AB shoot lights out, as do 175 Sierra`s. I really like my 7 Bee.
Good luck with your`s.
PS...love wood, but mines` in a H S Precision..., I see some of you`res are synthetic too, and I`m slowly working all my rifles that way..just can`t beat the repeatability and dependability they produce, IMHO.
© 24hourcampfire