Home
and didn't buy a gun. Thought shortactionsmoker was gonna have a heart attack!

Fondled one of the newer Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunters in 6.5 creedmoor, in Natural Gear camo. Almost bit....
Since I am still shooting the M70 varmint rifle I ordered new in 1957 and have a good battery of guns I just look at them in the shops.

If I see one even nicer than what I have I might buy.

Here is a current favorite used in fair weather. It's a 30-06 on a dwm mauser with an octagon barrel.

[Linked Image]
You showed restraint,CONGRATS! laugh
He'll be back and I know he'll buy something.....he has store credit from trades!

And he did buy powder, bullets and some Yeti stuff. It's not like he got out the door for free!
NOBODY leaves Whittaker Guns for free!
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
He'll be back and I know he'll buy something.....he has store credit from trades!

And he did buy powder, bullets and some Yeti stuff. It's not like he got out the door for free!

spent $500, huh

grin
Posted By: fats Re: Was in Whittaker's yesterday - 09/02/16
I wanna make a road trip!
Posted By: JPro Re: Was in Whittaker's yesterday - 09/02/16
I still get new guns there sometimes, but they really used to hammer me when the used rifles were listed online! Always nice to deal with. There's probably 4-5 of my favorite rifles that came off their used rack, sight unseen.....
Posted By: fats Re: Was in Whittaker's yesterday - 09/02/16
Their used guns online bring back precious memories! The good ol days!
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Funny and true!
Originally Posted by JPro
I still get new guns there sometimes, but they really used to hammer me when the used rifles were listed online! Always nice to deal with. There's probably 4-5 of my favorite rifles that came off their used rack, sight unseen.....

Originally Posted by fats

I've been trying to respond to this, but keep getting redirected..

Anyway, we now have a dedicated programmer. You'll see changes in our website within the next month or so. One of the biggest changes -- used guns!

We'll have a complete list with a picture and description. You'll be able to purchase them online. There will be a slight delay when processing the order to verify a customer in the store doesn't have it in his/her hands. We'll be able to provide confirmation within an hour. It's going to be pretty neat. A little different than other sites with used guns online.

Anyway, we now have a dedicated programmer. You'll see changes in our website within the next month or so. One of the biggest changes -- used guns!

We'll have a complete list with a picture and description. You'll be able to purchase them online. There will be a slight delay when processing the order to verify a customer in the store doesn't have it in his/her hands. We'll be able to provide confirmation within an hour. It's going to be pretty neat. A little different than other sites with used guns online.

Great news, SAS!
Another neat feature -- along with the "notify me" button like other websites, we'll have a special tab for a "wish list".

The wish list will be available for new and used guns. Collectors will really like that option.....
Good for business and internet cruisers, but I can tell you your local & walk-in customers aren't going to like it. Nationwide competition pretty much kills finding a "gem" on the racks. I rarely find anything of interest at my LGS anymore since they went to online selling. It's all spoken for before it even makes it to the shelf.
Originally Posted by tmitch
Good for business and internet cruisers, but I can tell you your local & walk-in customers aren't going to like it. Nationwide competition pretty much kills finding a "gem" on the racks. I rarely find anything of interest at my LGS anymore since the went to online selling. It's all spoken for before it even makes it to the shelf.

I have a plan for that.
Originally Posted by tmitch
Good for business and internet cruisers, but I can tell you your local & walk-in customers aren't going to like it. Nationwide competition pretty much kills finding a "gem" on the racks. I rarely find anything of interest at my LGS anymore since the went to online selling. It's all spoken for before it even makes it to the shelf.

I have a plan for that.

Sign me up!
Posted By: RWE Re: Was in Whittaker's yesterday - 09/07/16
You'll see changes in our website within the next month or so. One of the biggest changes -- used guns!

We'll have a complete list with a picture and description. You'll be able to purchase them online.

Satan...

Any plans to provide some sort of lawyer consultation to help your customers with the increases in divorce this may cause? I may need it depending on what used guns come in!
Can't wait on the new website.
Posted By: Pugs Re: Was in Whittaker's yesterday - 09/07/16

Don't expect a Christmas card from a certain red haired wife of Irish extraction. grin

I on the other hand, are looking forward to it!

Well, SAS and Mule Deer were right. Just put one on layaway...
Originally Posted by RWE
You'll see changes in our website within the next month or so. One of the biggest changes -- used guns!

We'll have a complete list with a picture and description. You'll be able to purchase them online.

Satan...

+1! I have only bought two guns there, but both were guns I had been having trouble finding...

Well, I did get this nice soft gun case with my purchase today.... I think it came from Montana...

Nobody does it like Darrik!

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Fondled one of the newer Ruger Hawkeye FTW Hunters in 6.5 creedmoor, in Natural Gear camo. Almost bit....

Better get one soon ! Ruger has announced that the M77 will be discontinued, with the exception of the rotary magazine versions (77/17, 77/22, etc.)
Posted By: Azar Re: Was in Whittaker's yesterday - 09/23/16
Originally Posted by WiFowler

Better get one soon ! Ruger has announced that the M77 will be discontinued, with the exception of the rotary magazine versions (77/17, 77/22, etc.)

No, you have it backwards. It's the rotary magazine versions that are being discontinued.
Posted By: Azar Re: Was in Whittaker's yesterday - 09/23/16
http://rugerforum.net/ruger-bolt-action/185642-m77-discontinued-2.html#post2342746

Well, I did get this nice soft gun case with my purchase today.... I think it came from Montana...

Nobody does it like Darrik!

[Linked Image]

You didn't get out of here for free either!
Posted By: fats Re: Was in Whittaker's yesterday - 09/23/16
Glad to hear the good news on the used guns coming back to the website!
It'll cost you dearly in Benelli's alone!
Originally Posted by Azar
Originally Posted by WiFowler

No, you have it backwards. It's the rotary magazine versions that are being discontinued.

Dah. Damned dyslexia . . . . .
© 24hourcampfire