Home
I just bought a 2004 700 CDL with an R3 recoil pad. Looks like an early Limbsaver. The pad is really sticky or tacky, like it started to dissolve or something. I put the rifle in a foam-lined gun case. When I took it out of the case one day later to mount the optics the pad is so tacky that it actually pulled out some of the foam! Is this a known issue withR3 recoil pads? Is there a recall or any hope that Remington will replace it?

Thanks.
Chuck it and buy a new one.
They replaced my LVSF stock with the sticky pad.
Yes. Very common especially when paired with foam lined cases.
Call or email Remington, they'll ask for the serial number and will send you a new one.
BTDT - twice.
OK. Thanks! Will call Remington tomorrow.
Love the avatar! Go Sox!
I just called Limbsaver and they gave me my choice of pads at no charge. The airsoft really does soak up recoil.
Originally Posted by SKane
Call or email Remington, they'll ask for the serial number and will send you a new one.
BTDT - twice.

I sent Remington an email last week about the sticky recoil pad on my 700 LVSF. They sent me an email requesting my shipping info and the rifles serial number. When I got home today UPS had dropped off a Remington labeled box. There was a brand new LVSF stock in it. Excellent service.
I have this LVSF stock that also has this sticky pad on the stock. I bought this stock from here a few years ago, stock only. I however bought a LVSF rifle that had a McMillian stock. So this LVSF stock did not come with the LVSF rifle. If they ask for my serial number do I give them the SN of the LVSF? And hope the pervious person had not already gotten a replacement? Are they going to send a new LVSF stock or just the pad?
A few months back, I bought a Remington 870 20 gauge rifled slug gun with a sticky recoil pad. A couple of weeks ago I finally got around to calling Remington. The lady who I spoke with at Remington asked for the SN and promptly sent me a new recoil pad and 2 screwed.
© 24hourcampfire