Home
How are they? I don't expect them to be in the same class as McMillan but do they stack up when compared to other stocks for under $300???

Like the lines of them and considering using a couple for building a pair of M98s...
I've got one on a M700 and one on a Model Seven. I like them both.
Own one. On a Rem 700 Mtn rifle. No regrets. Satisfied with feel and weight.
I hav one on a Savage 116.

They are a little chunky for my tastes, but get the job done.
For under $200 on the used market, they aren't too bad, but I've never liked their grips. I've owned a few and they have all eventually been replaced with McMillans.
I've got one in a Model 7. Quality seems ok but definitely thick through the grip.
I find the H-S stocks thick and chunky with objectionable grips, but not the B&Cs.....
I have the B&C faux Ti stock as well as the A2 and both feel well built and a value for the money. The faux Ti stock was a perfect drop-in while the A2 required some relieving in the bolt notch area. I would consider buying again.

To contrast, I have HS Precision stocks as well in sporter configs and the forend feels like a 2x4 and are much heavier stocks. I do not like them for sporter setups.
I have a the TI model and I like it
I have a couple and like them alot. They are no McMillan, but are hard to beat for the $.

[Linked Image]

I think they are great. It's interesting that the biggest complaint I usually see about them is "grip thickness". I have small hands and I like the grip thickness. Try one out. Heck, if you have a Winchester model 70 short action or a Tikka bull barrel on which you would like to try one Cowboy Tim, I'll send you one to try for the season so you can see for yourself. I've got these two sitting here with no barreled action on which to place them. All I ask is you pay shipping. It would be a cheap way for you to try one out.
Now that is a heck of a deal right there that is awesome
I actually prefer them over the HS stocks of similar style as well. For the money, they are pretty darn good.
My stock of choice for many rifles. Nice folks to deal with and unbeatable cost vs. performance ratio. There might be better stocks but not for the money.
Bell& Carlson Medalist may not be liked by the "cool" kids, but I have one and think it's a great stock.

People like to say for the money it's great. I think it's a very good stock regardless of price.

The fact it's a bargain is just that much better.
I just got my first BC stock ever in the mail today. Since this is for a Savage 110, it was basically the only option. Other than the weight(39 ounces), I really like it. Ergos feel good, seems well-made enough. I have short fingers in relation to my palms, and the grip doesn't bother me one bit. And I like the paint. It isn't executed as well as the McMillan Hunter's Edge on my Remmy, but I actually like the way it looks better. I'm gonna hog out the barrel channel to fit and hopefully lose an ounce of two, and call it good.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I just realized I own 4, no complaints they have all served me well.
Sure sounds like I'm going to go ahead and plan on using them, Working on the barreled actions now(as funds allow). Kind of a drawn out project, but I've been making nice progress lately.
I got a B&C stock awhile back, used, on here, for $130. I am not sure which one it is,but It is a great stock and I had to do almost nothing to it, to get it to fit my SPS. It is a heavier stock than the original rem piece of crap, but man, that rifle shoots. It is heavier and more stable now. It is a bit thick in the grip, though.
It was a major improvement in comfort and consistency over my A-bolt factory stock. Did absolute wonders for that rig. The B & C felt thick-ish mostly in the grip but very soon got used to it and it feels normal to me now. I since then bought an HS precision which cost more and the two are different. The HS has a little better shape and feel and seems overall sturdier plus a great tactile texture but an awful recoil pad. The B and C noticeably tamed recoil while the HS rather increased it. I am going to have a smith swap the pad for a decellerator and will no doubt love it all the more then BUT - If I did it over I would probably get a second B & C. In short heck yes they are good stocks.
Middle stock is a B&C on a T3 in 7mm-08. I really like the stock but if I hadn't gotten it as a gift I wouldn't have spent the money to buy it.

[Linked Image]

P
They never seem to make the cool kids list, but I'm always amazed at how many custom or semi-custom rifles use the as standard fare to include GAP and a number of other well known companies.

They're a noticeably good step up from factory crap in quality and feel. For the person looking to frugally upgrade or don't feel like you have to have the top shelf, they're a solid option. Pick one up used and if you don't like it or want to upgrade later, you can easily trip it for what you paid or darn close to it.
Have put two of these on Weatherby Vanguards, excellent results, drop in fit. Both were full aluminum bedded models. Adds a bit of weight but very rigid stocks.
Originally Posted by SCgman1
Have put two of these on Weatherby Vanguards, excellent results, drop in fit. Both were full aluminum bedded models. Adds a bit of weight but very rigid stocks.

Did you skim bed or just bolt it into the aluminum bedding?

Just swapped out the stocks and torque to spec. One gun shot the same while the other got much better groups. I felt switching to a bedded stock gave me better torque consistency using a torque wrench whenever I needed to reassemble. No additional bedding was used.
I bolted my L/A M70 into one (with no skim bedding) and it shoots really well. Noticeably heavier than stock, but I'll take it.
I have two, both on Weatherby's, no complaints whatsoever.
Ive had issues in the past with off centered barrel channels etc with both BC and HS
B&Cs are good stocks, the only issue I see with them is if you bed them, or modify them in any way (something even as simple as taking a little material out of the barrel channel), you void their warranty.
I have one I like it, but have never handled a McMillan. Good for the money.
My favorite rifle wears a B&C Ti style stock. Fits me well, is plenty stiff, and seems to be durable enough for a hard use rifle.

That said, that one will be my last. Took a ton of dremel work and devcon to get it right. Also not sure if this is the norm on recent production, but mine was way heavier than I expected. (Can't recall exact weight)
I have only one rifle with a B&C and I am ok with it but not super impressed either. It will probably be my last B&C stock, I have played with at least a dozen of them. I bought a safe queen accumark a few weeks back and it was built in 1995 , that model came with an HS stock and that is one stiff SOB stock and feels great in my hands and not like some club, nice trim and stiff as can be. I understand they have discontinued their Mark V stock lineup. I better hold on to this one.
Have had the opportunity to examine one pretty closely on a rifle I'm helping my Brother-in-law out with. Won't be ditching my McMillan anytime soon but it seams like a pretty nice stock, especially for the price. Will most likely be using them on a couple builds in the furture.
Never used a Medalist but have four or five other B&C stocks, Ti Knockoffs or LVSFs I like them muchly! grin
sturdy, no-flex, crude, overly thick, functional.
The Medalist have an aluminum chassis molded into the action area and pistol grip. They are very strong, but the metal makes them a little on the heavy side and requires them to be a little thicker. If that doesn't bother you they are a good stock and I actually like them on a varmint or target type rifle where you want some weight.

The non Medalist B&C stocks do not have the metal chassis and tend to be lighter and trimmer. But they aren't a very strong stock. Any of the plastic tupperware stocks will prove to be tougher if the rifle were to take a fall.

I'd just as soon have the Medalist as a standard fill McMillan. But I buy synthetic stocks primarily to cut weight. A McMillan Edge will weigh 1/2-3/4 lb less than a Medalist depending on the exact stock style. It is worth the money to save the ounces for me.
Had them on three rifles and really like them. Guess I am in the minority, but the grip is very comfortable to me, as is the finish. They have been durable and the rifles have been accurate in these stocks. They may need some fitting.
I stocked a semi-custom 358 Win/Interarms action with one. I like the thicker grip. Stiff and inflexible stock. All positives for me.

[Linked Image]
I had one on a custom built rifle I had done several years ago. My only complaint was the weight.
From what I can tell on my medalist, B&C doesn't use true fiberglass/kevlar/carbon cloth in their build process except for maybe stuffing into the bedding area.

I sanded threw the skin on mine when cleaning up after installing an extra sling swivel and the skin was so thin it was scary. The shell of the stock looked like it was made from resin and chopped fibers sprayed into the mold before the foam was injected, barely a skim coat over the foam. The bedding block and rigid foam appears to be the main structure in the stock to give it strength, not the shell as in other better quality stocks that use actual fiber cloth layers in the outer shell. The latter method creates a stronger box structure as well as being lighter.

Whether one considers this a problem or not is up to the user, but I was not impressed. For a person who just wants a drop in for less than $300 I can see the appeal, however I picked up a MCMillon on sale from them for $380 shipped for my rem 700 and the construction quality difference between it and the B&C was very clear. The standard fill McM was about an ounce less than the B&C and the bedding fit better from the getgo, not to mention better ergos.

I'd rather save up the extra $100 or so and buy another sale MCM or a Bansners or... before going to B&C again.
They are Bout like a Chevrolet, not a BMW for sure
Nice looking stocks
© 24hourcampfire