Home
entry level sauer.been hearing good things. price 680 dollars
Have a Sauer 101 classic, haven't heard of the 100.. Going to have to look that one up. The 101 is a tack driver. Meets the 5 into 1" with most any good load.
Linky: Sauer 100 XT
$680 Where?
This^^^^^^?
Quite a few on Gunbroker for $654 plus shipping. Others under $700.

Here's one in 308: Sauer on GB
Awhile back, I saw one of those on GB, chambered for 9.3x62. It was very tempting.
With rear locking lugs??
I'm sure there is no real comparison in quality overall, but this rifle bears an uncanny resemblance to a TC Venture, which btw is an exceptionally accurate rifle
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Awhile back, I saw one of those on GB, chambered for 9.3x62. It was very tempting.

CenterFire Guns have the 9.3x62 several other calibers at $634 and free shipping I was looking for the same gun in 6.5 Creedmoor but those are out of stock.

http://www.centerfireguns.com/sig-sauer-blaser-100-cls-xt-9-3x62-s1s936.html
Not sure if anyone has tried it but http://www.gunwatcher.com/ searches the web for the best price of any gun you want. I have used it to find several great gun deals.
Why does an 8x57 in one of these tempt me?
6.5x55 and 8x57 and 9.3x62 but no 7x57 Hmmm
The Sauer 100 was introduced to compete with the Tikka T3 line and does so very well. It has the typical Sauer fit and finish, uses Rem 700 scope base spacing, 5 round flush fitting mag and externally adjustable trigger. Comes in synthetic or wood and is being distributed by Sports South in the US.

The only fault I can find is that its not offered in a left hand config. smile
Also has a screw in barrel and not a pressed in one like the 101. Big plus right there.
Schnabel forend it a turn-off for me.
It's hard to please all tastes.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
It's hard to please all tastes.

True. But since it's a synthetic stock, it'd be hard to do the "Ingwe thing" and sand out the Schnabel. laugh
Well, that's true. One could sand down the schnabel on the wood stock, however.
Do the locking lugs engage in the barrel or the action?
I'll have to find out the answer to your question.
Originally Posted by grumpy7904

The barrel - its a 3 lug action as opposed to the 6 lug action on the Sauer 101.

The other feature it has is a 14" LOP which suits perfectly.

Great rifle for the money.
Also it has a top loadable 5 round mag for the non mags and 4 rounds for the magnums.....
Anyone own one of these 100's?
I believe that the barrel is a heat shrink fit, not threaded. Very similar to the 101 in handling but different in the bolt and safety.
The Sauer 100 barrel is threaded. The Sauer 101 and the Mauser 12 barrels are press fit.
I stand corrected... I know my 101 is a heat fit.
Originally Posted by smithrjd
I stand corrected... I know my 101 is a heat fit.

It's damn confusing. I'm on Blaser-USA's Prostaff and I can't keep up with all of it.

The Sauer 100 is an excellent rifle and gives the shooter additional features over the Tikka while costing less money. JP Sauer & Mauser barrels are all made in the same barrel room as the Blaser barrels. I toured the factory in Isny, Germany a couple of years ago. There are now several variants of the 100 available in the US. If anyone is attending Dallas Safari Club or Safari Club International conventions, all of Sauer, Mauser and Blaser rifles and shotguns will be on display there.
My 101 in 7X54 is accurate, meets or exceeds the guaranty with loads it likes but is a slow barrel. About 75 to 100fps lower than what I expected from the load info. Very nice trigger and bolt. Well finished and comes with irons which most now days do not. Looking hard at a 100 in 6.5 PRC, Sauer is one of the few with this caliber right now.
I've handled the 100 in 6.5 PRC. Among several features, the easily adjustable trigger and flush fitting magazine will make this rifle be one to consider.
My 101 in 7X54 is accurate, meets or exceeds the guaranty with loads it likes but is a slow barrel. About 75 to 100fps lower than what I expected from the load info. Very nice trigger and bolt. Well finished and comes with irons which most now days do not. Looking hard at a 100 in 6.5 PRC, Sauer is one of the few with this caliber right now.

These barrels may be slow to get fully broken in. Its not uncommon to see increases in speed after 250 rounds are down the tube. That's pretty standard with Blaser barrels, anyway.
One other thing about the Sauer 100 when compared to the T3x. Sauer uses Remington 700 spacing on the receiver for scope bases which allows the user to go about any direction one chooses regarding mounting options.
Originally Posted by mlg

The barrel - its a 3 lug action as opposed to the 6 lug action on the Sauer 101.

If it's true that the bolt still locks in the barrel on the 100, then rebarrelling is not really any easier than on the 101 despite the threads. A good smith could get around the heat shrunk connection on the 101, the problem is supply of a barrel machined with locking lug recesses.

Are you sure the 100 bolt locks in the barrel?
Originally Posted by mlg

Are you sure about this?
i have a 2 100s in 6.5 cr both shoot 1/2 to 3/4 moa with hornandy 143x factory ammo good value
for the money, if anyone wants 1 pm me, kinda when nuts with creedmores, 2 sauers, a kimber hunter and a fiecre fury
the fury shoots the best by far and its the heaviest.
The 101 has six lugs, and does engage the barrel not the receiver. The 100 has three lugs and I (thought) it engaged the barrel as well, but I'm not sure now, thought it was a shrink fit as well.
I've got both a Tikka T3x SS in .300 Win and a Sauer 100 XT in 6.5 CM, both purchased in the fall of 2017. The Sauer, IMO, is every bit the equal of the Tikka in terms of accuracy, fit and finish. Accuracy wise, both are sub-MOA shooters with both my handloads and factory loads, the 6.5 CM probably a bit more accurate with factory loads. The Sauer feels like it has a higher grade polymer stock and I really like how it feels, however, it has a LOP of 14 1/2" which is a bit longer than I like and the Tikka just fits me better. Also, while both come with a pretty hard recoil pad, it is easy to switch out the Tikka's for a Simms Limbsaver, which I have really appreciated on the .300 Win. I don't think Simms makes one for the Sauer and I'm glad it's in 6.5 CM.

Both have outstanding triggers that are easily adjusted without taking the action out of the stock. I have both set at 2 3/4" pounds and they break like glass, but I like the feel of the Sauer just a bit more. The Sauer also has a flush fitting 5-round magazine, whereas the Tikka is a 3 round magazine even in non-magnum cartridges. The Sauer is about 1/2 lb. heavier than the Tikka, some of that weight I attribute to the longer stock and the fact that it has metal bottom metal rather than polymer like the Tikka. The Sauer is finished in a semi-glossy blue, whereas from what I recall of the Tikkas, they are a matte blue.

Regarding the safeties of each, the Tikka has a 2-position and the Sauer has a 3-position. One thing I noticed about the Sauer is that while hunting, the large safety has moved to either the middle position or even the "fire" position, probably as a result of catching on brush. It would be better if it had a flat safety like the Tikka, rather than a somewhat large toggle-like safety, which would likely prevent that. The actions on both are super smooth, with the Tikka's bolt being slimmer. The Sauer rifle is backed by a 10 year, sub-MOA for 5-shots warranty and I don't know what Tikka's warranty is.

All in all, I've been extremely pleased with both rifles and they both are my best shooting rifles of the several high-power ones I own. A guy could not go wrong with either rifle, but if I could only keep one, I'd choose the Tikka because it's 1/2 lb. lighter, stainless steel, has a better recoil pad and has a LOP that makes it quicker to shoulder.
That is a very good, objective write up. Thanks for sharing and I'm sure those who are considering either rifle will benefit from your post.
The 101 has six lugs, and does engage the barrel not the receiver. The 100 has three lugs and I (thought) it engaged the barrel as well, but I'm not sure now, thought it was a shrink fit as well.

I'm with you on the 101 lockup but I'm fairly confident the 100 engages the receiver and not the barrel.
Thanks, OSU_Sig. Here is a very good writeup by Tom Beckstrand of G&A.

http://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...ement-affordability-and-accuracy/247599#
Another rifle from the Blaser group to consider is the Mauser M18. Very much like the Sauer 100 but with the Mauser badge and pedigree. There are lots of youtube videos on it but the one below is the one Blaser-USA sent to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-fcTUmQKXo&t=2s
I love the feel and everything about my sauer 100 XT.
2 things I don't like is lack of after market accessories and their costumer service never responded after 2 attempts... months apart.
Originally Posted by Dre
2 things I don't like is lack of after market accessories and their costumer service never responded after 2 attempts... months apart.

Dre, did you contact Sauer in Isny, Germany or Blaser-USA in San Antonio?
I got a response after a few days. Barrel is threaded into the receiver and when asked about barrel life for their 6.5prc version I was advised they have a 10k round warranty....whatever that means. I suppose they're going to replace the barrel on every prc, unless they expect theyll last 10k rounds.
Originally Posted by OSU_Sig
Originally Posted by Dre

Dre, did you contact Sauer in Isny, Germany or Blaser-USA in San Antonio?

Nope, its been a year?
You helped me get a new recoil pad, and I thank you.
I know it's a minor thing. But I don't care how insignificant something may be to them. But, They never responded. Until they decide to contact me, I will always throw them under the bus in that aspect.
I like the looks of the Cherokee, but no where close to me to put hands on--and there seems to be conflicting information about the twist rate in 6.5PRC. Listed as 8" in some places, 8.66" in others.
IMHO this rifle has it all,,,,,except for stainless steel and iron sights. I could overlook the irons but the non-stainless is a deal breaker for me. In the weather I hunt, I need stainless. It looks to be a great rifle but I'll stay with the Tikka. RJ
https://www.eurooptic.com/Sauer-100-Ceratech-93x62-Rifle-S1SX936.aspx
Cerakote version
They do offer iron sights but I'm not certain they import them to the U.S. which is unfortunate as I'd like to have those myself (see this youtube link to Sauer tour).

Also, if you shop around online, you can find a model called the 'Silver Classic XT' which as far as I can gather is the precursor to the current Ceratech model. I've seen some sites listing this cerakote model close to the price of the blued model (the current Ceratech version usually costs $100-200 more).
© 24hourcampfire