Home
HEY All....OK..what scope..?? Rem 700 GEN 2 308 5R 1:11.25 ROT
20" BBL ....I really want to go with a Nightforce C505 5x22
MOAR-T.....too big..??? too long...???

Suppressor is gonna add weight and length out front...
Deer and Hogs out to 300yds...maybe a little further....

What say ye learned gentlemen..???

Thanks...

Pete
You gotta go with what you like, but IMO that's a ridiculous amount of scope for the stated purpose.
What's the weight of that rifle? I'm too lazy to look it up.

If it's just a shooting house-stand rifle it doesn't really matter. If you want the high magnification to sniper one in the head,go for it. If it's a walking around rifle,you want something lighter and lower powered in case you have short range shots on jumped game.
HEY Mathman Rh Clark.....yup..a lot of magnification....but I will target shoot and use it for silhouette matches at my club..

RH...it weighs almost 9 lbs. with no scope...and I will be hunting in my blind...no walking around....

Thanks Guys...
Pete
Originally Posted by pdman
HEY Mathman Rh Clark.....yup..a lot of magnification....but I will target shoot and use it for silhouette matches at my club..

RH...it weighs almost 9 lbs. with no scope...and I will be hunting in my blind...no walking around....

Thanks Guys...
Pete

Yea, I thought that was a heavy target type rifle. You might want to also take a look at some SWFA SS scopes and some of the tactical target offerings from Bushnell. (not talking about their cheap crap)

My main concern with that type scope would be if the reticle was good for hunting in low light.
© 24hourcampfire