Home
Posted By: Fotis Wby rifle collection complete! - 10/04/16
Got the 338-378 I was missing

[Linked Image]

So sans the 224 (no interest) I have them all now.
I've got the improved version...wear double ear muffs and hold on tight. Mine loves Sierra 250 GK over a [bleep] of H1000.
Congratulations!

I have always wanted a Mark V deluxe in .257.
Originally Posted by Sakohunter264
I've got the improved version...wear double ear muffs and hold on tight. Mine loves Sierra 250 GK over a [bleep] of H1000.

velocity? accuracy?
Fotis: Good for you on completing your collection.
Reconsider not "wanting" a 224 Weatherby Magnum - I own one (German made) and have used it for Varmint Hunting on several occasions.
It is an accurate, well made, well balanced and handsome Rifle.
The wood on my 224 is VERY attractive and adds to the fine appearance.
I hope you will reconsider the diminutive (but useful!) smallest Weatherby caliber for your collection.
Again good for you on the 338-378 acquisition.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Originally Posted by Fotis
Got the 338-378 I was missing

[Linked Image]

So sans the 224 (no interest) I have them all now.

As your orthopedic surgeon would likely say "Thank you for considering me for all your future acromioplastic needs!"

wink
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
......Reconsider not "wanting" a 224 Weatherby Magnum - .......
VarmintGuy

I understand what you're saying but they are scarce and extremely expensive!
Good for you. But I am happy with none, but I could be had on a lightweight .338-06....

Best,

Jack
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Fotis: Good for you on completing your collection.
Reconsider not "wanting" a 224 Weatherby Magnum - I own one (German made) and have used it for Varmint Hunting on several occasions.
It is an accurate, well made, well balanced and handsome Rifle.
The wood on my 224 is VERY attractive and adds to the fine appearance.
I hope you will reconsider the diminutive (but useful!) smallest Weatherby caliber for your collection.
Again good for you on the 338-378 acquisition.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

https://www.gunsamerica.com/952986887/Weatherby-Mark-V-Varmintmaster-224-Lazermar.htm

see? shocked
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Congratulations!

I have always wanted a Mark V deluxe in .257.

Congrats from me too Fotis.

The only Wby Mag I've really wanted is in 270 Wby Mag....don't ask me why, I don't know. Having 270 W s, 7 RM, & 300 WM the 270 Wby doesnt do anything I can't do. I just always liked it.

Jerry
My favorites are the 340, 375 and 270. Every now and then I get the itch for a 240 Wby as well. Maybe one day.
so you have the 308 pistol?
I never had a .270 Bee, so I don't know if they live up to the printed info or not, but the published material trumps about all else in what we normally consider as up to elk rifles with flatness of trajectory and still in a user friendly package.

Years ago, I tried to use a 24" .257 W for a season. I never found the sweet spot with that one as to accuracy and shipped it.

I did use a Southgate (FN) 7mm Wby for a couple of seasons. That one had a full .600 inch freebore. I seated the 160 bullets way out and kept adding powder above book. It would hummmmm, and I never even flattened primers. That was the only rifle that I ever got DRT when I used the classic broadside heart/lung shot. No run to bleed out, they just melted.
Excellent!!
Very cool Fotis. Congrats.
Originally Posted by ringworm
so you have the 308 pistol?

Rifles in WBY cartridges only
The 240 is one of the coolest ones, IMO.

Although I did build a 6-06 instead, just due to cheaper brass. Necked down Winchester 25-06....
Having 270 W s, 7 RM, & 300 WM the 270 Wby doesnt do anything

Likely it can out run them.
Originally Posted by 1minute
Having 270 W s, 7 RM, & 300 WM the 270 Wby doesnt do anything

Likely it can out run them.

Depending on bullet weight.

Jerry
Congrats. I'm guessing you will get this one to shoot as well as your others I've seen pics of

Since you have no interest, when you run across a 220 Wby Rocket SEND IT MY WAY!
Very curious what your velocities will be. I had a 338-378 Accumark and it was 75-100fps slower than advertised.
If I can get 3150 from a 225 AB and decent accuracy I am happy
Nice rifle. I'm always looking for a DGR in .375 Wby at a good price of course!
Congrats on that great looking rifle and completing your collection.
I have a 270 Wby, Hard hitter for not too much recoil.
© 24hourcampfire