Home
Posted By: 444Matt Vanguard S2 Question - 10/19/16
Just did some trading for a Vanguard S2 in 243. The stock seems to be the opposite of free floated it has constant contact full length just like a full length bedded NULA. Is this normal for these newer vanguards? I know they have a factory guarantee of 1moa with good ammo...anyone have experience with these or any ammo suggestions for whitetails at under 200yds?

Thinking of using this as a first rifle for my oldest.
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Vanguard S2 Question - 10/19/16
yup, they seem to do fine free floated or not. they always seem to want to shoot
Posted By: Bbear Re: Vanguard S2 Question - 10/20/16
The one I have had a pressure point at the end of the stock. Sanded that out and put 5 inside of .4 @ 100 yards and 4 inside of 2" @ 500 yards. All with reloads.
My suggestion would be to look for factory stuff in the 85-95 grain range and see how your rifle does. They'll flat shoot.
Posted By: TATELAW Re: Vanguard S2 Question - 10/20/16
I had one in 257Wby. It had full contact the length of the forearm but it shot 3/4 inch groups with the cheapest Wby factory ammo. I sold it to a buddy before I started doing things like bedding and free floating my rifles. I did load up some handloads for him and they also shot 3/4 or a bit better.
© 24hourcampfire