Home
Posted By: kman 6.5 129gr accubond long range - 10/22/16
Does anyone have any experience with these on game? I have them going 2920fps in my 6.5x47 and was thinking of using them on northern whitetail this fall.
If it shoots ok gopher it!
Originally Posted by kman
Does anyone have any experience with these on game? I have them going 2920fps in my 6.5x47 and was thinking of using them on northern whitetail this fall.

I've used their 120gr BT on North Dakota whitetails before, with good results. I've no reason to think the Accubond wouldn't mirror (or better) that performance. Good Shooting!

Kaiser Norton
Posted By: JPro Re: 6.5 129gr accubond long range - 10/22/16
I've shot a few medium-sized hogs with that bullet at that speed and had decent results. Plan to use them on deer this year.
I've used them on deer from a 6.5x47 & they worked fine. They don't seem as tough as regular accubonds though.
I used them in a 260 Rem on 3 blacktails the year they were released and had good results. They are not as tough as the regular Accubond as has been mentioned but still tough enough. I am using other bullets because I like experimenting and I'm not really a long range shooter anyway. If that ever changes I would be happy to use the 129 gr ABLR again. I had excellent accuracy .110" away from the lands so experimenting with seating depth is a good idea.
Posted By: kman Re: 6.5 129gr accubond long range - 10/22/16
Thanks fellas. They seem to be just what I'm looking for. Bit tougher than cup and core but softer than regular ab. They are not going super fast at the muzzle either so this seems like a bullet for near and far for the little 6.5.

I just used the same charge of Varget as I do for my 130 bergers and seated them the same 10thou off. Under half moa all day long with no farting around.
© 24hourcampfire