Home
Not the CTR, just a regular hunting rifle?
Not that I'm aware of. I'm eyeing a CTR T3x in 6.5 Creedmoor myself.
Not a Tikka but I handled a Sauer XT 100 Classic in .308 Win yesterday. They make it in the 6.5CM for less than $600 out the door. If they had one in 6.5CM at the shop it probably would have went home with me yesterday. Again not a Tikka but might be worth a look.
I keep wishing they would make their T3 Lite Stainless model in 6.5 creed. I couldn't buy one fast enough.
I don't think Tikka makes a 6.5 Creedmore. They probably won't as they make a 6.5x55 and a 260. I have a 6.5x55 Tikka T-3 Hunter (wood stock)and it shoots great. No need for a Creedmore in my view.
Something seems kinda right about a T3 Swede and factory rolled 123 Lapua Scenars.

Norwegian Magnum.....
How much more does the hunter weigh then the light?
No Creedmoor. As already noted, they offer a 260 and a 6.5x55.
Not to hijack your thread, but today I went to Sportsman Warehouse. I worked the bolt on Weatherby, Savage, Kimber, Tikka, and a couple others. The Tikka was noticeably smoother than the others when working the action from my shoulder. I think I'm in love. I asked about the Creedmore but they didn't have one. I sure want one.
Not a Tikka but I see that Ruger is making a special run of rifles for United Sporting Goods... pretty neat patterned rifle in a Ruger American the Creedmoor has a 1 to 8 twist but they're also offering a 7mmo8 with a 1:8 twist just over 6 pounds each.

Scroll way down...

http://www.ruger.com/products/americanRifle/specSheets/16942.html
If they'd put Creed in a Ranch model they couldn't keep them in stock.

Schit, better not say that too loud or Shortactionsmoker is going to put another hurting on us.
Tikka will have a T3 Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor for 2017. Don't know when, but it will happen.
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
Tikka will have a T3 Lite in 6.5 Creedmoor for 2017. Don't know when, but it will happen.

Crap. Saving pennies now...
I bought the wife a T-3X Superlite in 7mm-08 a couple of weeks ago. Had to get the stock shortened to fit her 5-3 frame. Got it back last Tuesday, and adjusted the trigger down to about 2.5#.

Just got a chance yesterday for our first range session. After 15 shots down the barrel, it is going to be a shooter, you can tell already. Very impressed with the slick action and overall fit and finish. Weighed 5-15 bare, and 7-3 with Talleys and a VX-6 2-12.

Biggest delta (really only delta) is the box length - take another quarter inch off the magazine spacer- sheesh, you can barely get 2.800" COL to fit the mag. We'll make it work, and it sure ain't no deal breaker especially with the 120 gr bullets we're working with.

Wonderful news !

Any chance a lefty T3 lite will be offered in 6.5 creed?

Doc

You can just go ahead and put me down for a one as long as it is stainless.
Well now I have an excuse to buy a T3X to go along with my T3 Hunter.

StarchedCover
I'd love to see a Tikka Varmint in the Creedmoor with a Detachable magazine.
Originally Posted by Ringman
Not to hijack your thread, but today I went to Sportsman Warehouse. I worked the bolt on Weatherby, Savage, Kimber, Tikka, and a couple others. The Tikka was noticeably smoother than the others when working the action from my shoulder. I think I'm in love. I asked about the Creedmore but they didn't have one. I sure want one.

Ringman,

Most folks hate the Tikka rifle when they dont know what they dont know. Then when they take the time to get there hands on one tikka makes them a believer! And thats nothing! Wait till you shoot one!!!

Trystan
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by Ringman

Ringman,

Most folks hate the Tikka rifle when they dont know what they dont know. Then when they take the time to get there hands on one tikka makes them a believer! And thats nothing! Wait till you shoot one!!!

Trystan

I remember one of the ones I didn't list was a Sako. It was next to the Tikka for smoothness of action form the shoulder. A couple years ago I made a light rifle on a Pierce titanium action. It was one of the worst I ever worked. I called the company and the guy told me to "choke up on the bolt." blush crazy eek
Originally Posted by STS45

You can just go ahead and put me down for a one as long as it is stainless.

me, too
© 24hourcampfire