Home
Now with the new flat top setup on the T3X's and options available in 3 formats, what are people using out there?
16bore...
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
16bore...

They were the best.
I don't believe he is doing that mod anymore but if you search back I think he posted the specs for the mod so a machinist could still do that.

Talley lightweights even without the base modification are never a bad choice since they still sit a smidge lower than the rings Tikka used to supply with the T3.
I've got the Warne Tikka mounts on my T3. No complaints at all.
I've used the DNZ mounts and they seem to be fine, pretty heavy duty but the height is good. That or like mentioned if you could get a set of the modified 16bore Talleys those would be great.
Talley
Near
Does the T-3 and T-3x have the same screw hole pattern? I looked at several base manufacturers' sites and they are silent on any differences with the "x" rifles. CP.
For regular scope bases, yes. The T3x has some extra holes to mount a rail if desired. Basically any standard base or mount that worked with the T3 will still work with the T3x.
Tikka Ringmount
Thanks Jim. CP.
I have regular talley lows with 42mm monarch, my buddy has dnz lows with 42mm viper.
choose your poison.
Well I've had good luck with Talleys so I've stick with them. Thank you.
Originally Posted by Oregonmuley
I've used the DNZ mounts and they seem to be fine, pretty heavy duty but the height is good. That or like mentioned if you could get a set of the modified 16bore Talleys those would be great.

DNZ on my .308
Chiming in with my weekly DNZ endorsement.
I am still sticking with Talley lightweights on My T3x models......Hb

all my Tikka's used Leo base #54447 turn in style

Burris Signature rings either 1" or 30mm...

good & solid....NO ring marks !
© 24hourcampfire