Home
What are you Howa owners using? Have a Howa Alpine I need to scope soon. The Remington 700 bases I tried seemed to be a little long
I've got Talley LWs on a couple. Below is what they look like on a LA. What brand were too long for your liking?

[Linked Image]

Very little overhang on the receiver port. That's not a crack below the screw head.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
I've got Talley LWs on a couple. Below is what they look like on a LA. What brand were too long for your liking?

[Linked Image]

Very little overhang on the receiver port. That's not a crack below the screw head.
[Linked Image]

The Leupold bases were the ones I looked at and the overhang was horrible. I'll get the Talley's! Thank you!
Talley steel bases have zero overhang on my S&W 1500 (Howa).
Howas and Vanguards use Remington Bases. Biggest problem is the screws are too long and have to be cut back. Not sure about the Talleys.
Talley lightweights.
Talley two piece
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Talley lightweights.
+1
Originally Posted by 17_wizzer
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Talley lightweights.
+1

Yep. I have them on mine and like them.
Talley lightweights are what I have used on a couple of Howa/Vanguards and they have worked very well - easy sight-in durable in rugged elk hunting conditions. I'm a big fan since they are easier to install and just as tough as dual dovetails.
I got to handle a howa alpine while passing thru Lander this fall. It had the floor plate on it, and I do believe that they would have sold better and been more popular without other confusing and unwanted options. Think the one I handled was a 7-08, and I liked it a lot.

What is your rifle chambered to?
© 24hourcampfire