Home
I picked up my 24B Forbes today and plan to put a SWFA SS 3X9X42 MQ on it. I also picked up a 20 MOA Picatinny rail.

Would you guys buy a set of rings and use the rail or get some Talley Lightweight rings?

What rings and height would you suggest? Medium Talley's?
Are you sure you need a rail on your Forbes? Just adds weight and bulk to an otherwise trim rifle.

The 24B comes with Talley lightweights in the box. If yours are missing, I am sure Talley can set you up.
Originally Posted by OregonCoot
Are you sure you need a rail on your Forbes? Just adds weight and bulk to an otherwise trim rifle.

The 24B comes with Talley lightweights in the box. If yours are missing, I am sure Talley can set you up.

I don't think I'll need the rail for the SWFA. I just bought it while it was available in case I someday want to use a scope with too short of a tube or eye relief.

Is that a vote for Talley's?
My vote is for Talley's
The factory supplied Talleys work great on my 24B with a leupold 2.5 - 8. I could not tell you if they are lows or mediums but they look about the same height as the Talley lows I have on a couple Rem 700's.
Talleys LW or TPS HRT aluminum rings with your rail. I see an advantage to removable optics. When weight is an issue I use TPS HRT aluminum rings and Warne two piece bases.
© 24hourcampfire