Home
What bullet/load and how'd it all work out?

Probably just like a 243.
It was just announced. Is it even in production?
According to this month's Outdoor life, GAP sold 1,000,000 brass to competition shooters.

My question is more along the lines of

How many people used it for hunting as well, and if you used factory ammo, how did the 108 ELD work against game, or what bullet and load did you use in your 6 Creed
41.7grs H4350 and 105 AMaxes at 2985 has killed a few cull deer and a couple 200# boars with ease....

Just loaded up a pressure string with the HPBTs. No 108s yet but have some enroute.
Originally Posted by 260madman

Don't forget though that the 6 Creed impact may be 12 fps less, which will drastically reduce on game performance....
Originally Posted by joshf303
41.7grs H4350 and 105 AMaxes at 2985 has killed a few cull deer and a couple 200# boars with ease....

Just loaded up a pressure string with the HPBTs. No 108s yet but have some enroute.

Thanks Josh

I read that the 108 ELD performed differently than the 105 AMAX, and I've been wanting to see who's had success before using it on deer. I'm not sure why that would be the case because I think only the tip is really different.

WA is a one deer a year state and there are no hogs, so I don't get a lot of testing in on game, but wanted to try them out as AMAXs are getting harder to find here.
Originally Posted by GregW

Don't forget though that the 6 Creed impact may be 12 fps less, which will drastically reduce on game performance....

Greg,

I get that. I'm interested in on game performance with the 108 ELD and load data.
Ssssswwwwoooosssshhhhhh
105 Hornady BTHP and Senars work very well on deer
Which Secnar do you use?
For hunting results, wouldn't results from the .243 Win & 6mm Rem be just as worthwhile?

Same/similar velocity & diameter?

Case headstamp doesn't really matter at that point?

Guy
Originally Posted by GuyM
For hunting results, wouldn't results from the .243 Win & 6mm Rem be just as worthwhile?

Guy

Yes....

Yes...

No....

That's what makes all these threads entertaining.
Originally Posted by David_Walter
According to this month's Outdoor life, GAP sold 1,000,000 brass to competition shooters.

My question is more along the lines of

How many people used it for hunting as well, and if you used factory ammo, how did the 108 ELD work against game, or what bullet and load did you use in your 6 Creed

I'm sure you're a nice man and plenty tall enough. You don't have to start these threads just for attention. I know you know a 6 creed isn't just a 243 twisted 1-8 and slowed down 12fps

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by GuyM

Guy

Yes....

Yes...

No....

That's what makes all these threads entertaining.

I wouldn't go so far to call them entertaining. Maybe crazy

It is winter so guys have a lot of time to buy guns shoot 20 rounds and then sell it.

My iPad is finally jiving with this place so I'll be around to harass and entertain with dry humor and sarcasm.
Roadie says 6 creed is just as good as a 243

[Linked Image]
One thing to keep in mind is where has the 6 creed killed? You need to know which states what outfitters and if any areas in Canada before making judgement.
So, George Gardner of GAP went from a 243 as his competition gun to a 6 Creed, both 8 twist, for no reason, and he sold 1,000,000 6 Creed cases in three months to dumba$$es?

Got it.
Yea but check cr-10
I bet you offered George $100 bucks for 100'000,000 pieces of brass didn't you? He's a tight wad ain't he?....lol
So, George Gardner of GAP went from a 243 as his competition gun to a 6 Creed, both 8 twist, for no reason, and he sold 1,000,000 6 Creed cases in three months to dumba$$es?

Got it.

PM Bob
Originally Posted by Kaleb

[Linked Image]

Horseschit ya 'shiner....

Just HTF did you ever shoot that 6 CM for 3 years without that GAP brass?

Got it.

I thought you were inquiring about a bullet at a specific impact speed.

If so, a specific cartridge wouldn't matter but now it appears this is a 6 Creed thread....

No experience there so I guess I'm out...
A factory 108, out of a lwt 6 Creed will be an awesome combo for the non-reloader.

I wonder what actual difference there is between the old reliable .243, the reinvented 6mm Remington and the 6mm Creedmoor......
I get 3005 fps out of my 6mm remington with 105's HPBT and IMR4895 and actually killed an antelope at 300 yds this year. Yup, killed her deader than schit.....
If I had 105's I'd put them through the 6mm with the 1:8 twist....
6 Dasher, 105 Amax @ 2,915.

#OutdoorLife
[Linked Image]

Got it.

Because donkeys like you care about this schitt..... my God if said boolit and chambering find work quite handily, we're all in trouble......
Originally Posted by Higbean

#OutdoorLife
[Linked Image]

Nice deer Higgins...

Where did you hit him and did the bullet exit?

#Outdoor Life
87gr Vmax 3315fps at 150 yards...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

#OutdoorLife
[Linked Image]

Nice deer Higgins...

#Outdoor Life

That was tight behind the shoulder and no exit.

This one was as well, though the bullet exited the off side spots.
[Linked Image]
#OutdoorLife

Got it.

GAP told me "go with a Bartlein .237 bore 7.7 twist". Thank me later.....

Got it.

I thought this was a hunting forum? So, who cares what GAP uses for competition???

The same bullet at an equal velocity will provide the same results on game...headstamps and George Gardner make zero difference.

#OutdoorLife
[Linked Image]

Nice deer Higgins...

#Outdoor Life

[Linked Image]
#OutdoorLife

Are those Axis good to eat?

#Outdoor Life

#OutdoorLife
[Linked Image]

Nice deer Higgins...

#Outdoor Life

[Linked Image]
#OutdoorLife

Are those Axis good to eat?

#Outdoor Life

Kinda taste like Snickers Bars.

Who knew?

Got it.

Let's not forget George also ran a cartridge of his design called the 6mm Crusader. Modified 6mm Rem. Hauled the mail for sure.

The 6Creed is a result of using the 6.5 case for a bit less recoil and ability to seat long in a standard mag with high BC bullets for PRS. With it being SALAMI now you will get the standard 8" or 7.7" whichever they have standardized instead of 10" or 9" or 7.7".

So really, they've solved a problem for high BC bullets that only existed for those that didn't want to go custom 243 or 6X47. Win win for Hornady and Ruger.

Got it.

Let's not forget George also ran a cartridge of his design called the 6mm Crusader. Modified 6mm Rem. Hauled the mail for sure.

The 6Creed is a result of using the 6.5 case for a bit less recoil and ability to seat long in a standard mag with high BC bullets for PRS. With it being SALAMI now you will get the standard 8" or 7.7" whichever they have standardized instead of 10" or 9" or 7.7".

So really, they've solved a problem for high BC bullets that only existed for those that didn't want to go custom 243 or 6X47. Win win for Hornady and Ruger.

Geez... Them guys must be pretty sharp and way ahead of the curve. Bet they were necking down 6.5 Creed brass this whole time. Ya know, before the big announcement and introduction. Grin....
So what advantage does the creedmoor have over a 6mm Remington in a 1-8" twist ruger #1?

[Linked Image]

You get a chance, post up a pic of that gun. That stock is badass.
Thanks. I'm trying but my service here sucks and Photobucket on my phone is a flaming pile of chit now.
[Linked Image]
Aside from it being a fine longrange XTC cartridge, don't the .243 and 6mm Rem prove the ability of 6mm sporter bullets? Got to suppose that the CM blows small deer up real good...

The tactical rig in the pic above is at least 13lbs; so there's the weight factor as most 6cm guns are gonna be longrange precision built. Not like 6mm is optimal for still hunting in the woods either, unless you shoot onto a meadow with a feeder. Lots of guys shoot from penthouse luxurious blinds with a shelf to fire that beanfield rifle from.

Not likely that too many bring their Tubb2000 to the deer camp; least not to hunt with... Then there's those 3lb Nightforce NXS scopes... mucho heavy
Well said.
[Linked Image]

Here you go David. Heavy old buck I shot last November.

105gr Hybrid at 3100fps.
Thanks, Pat.

Do you prefer it over the 243 in 8 twist, or the 243 AI?

I have an 8 twist AI that the throat may be going on and thinking of setting the barrel back and either cambering again in AI or converting into a Creed. There's enough shank for either.

What are your thoughts on that?

I only have about 50 243 AI brass at the moment. No fire forming is attractive.
Thanks, Pat.

Do you prefer it over the 243 in 8 twist, or the 243 AI?

I have an 8 twist AI that the throat may be going on and thinking of setting the barrel back and either cambering again in AI or converting into a Creed. There's enough shank for either.

What are your thoughts on that?

I only have about 50 243 AI brass at the moment. No fire forming is attractive.

How many rounds have you put through that rifle since you've owned it?

Edit: And what makes you think the throat is going out? Serious questions... Honestly...
Josh,

I have no Idea how many rounds went through it between me getting it from Tanner, me selling it, and me getting it back.

I haven't fired the rifle at all since getting it back a few weeks ago. I cleaned the bore down to bare metal last night and it took close to an hour with Barnes CR-10.

It shot fine in the past, and that chamber and barrel is probably just fine.

I have a friend with a bore scope, and he's looking at it just to remove any uncertainty before putting more money into that barrel.

He's going to thread it, as well.

I'm not likely to sell it again.

I'm just asking questions.

[Linked Image]

[bleep] me. I love that one.
Originally Posted by scenarshooter
[Linked Image]

105gr Hybrid at 3100fps.

Nice buck!

I just wish he could have shown up a little earlier....

smile

I haven't fired the rifle at all since getting it back a few weeks ago. I cleaned the bore down to bare metal last night and it took close to an hour with Barnes CR-10.

Might have just needed a cleaning.
[Linked Image]

105gr Hybrid at 3100fps.

Nice buck, Pat!
Josh,

I have no Idea how many rounds went through it between me getting it from Tanner, me selling it, and me getting it back.

I have a friend with a bore scope, and he's looking at it just to remove any uncertainty before putting more money into that barrel.

He's going to thread it, as well.

I'm not likely to sell it again.

I'm just asking questions.

So in other words... You don't have a clue?

I can tell you for a fact that the 300 or so I put through it in the short time I had it all shot 1/2 MOA easily. Keeping up with the rifle from there back into your hands, I bet it got shot another 50 times max. This would probably put total round count under 600. Looking at my old notes, there was some room to chase the lands also....

But you better hurry. New kid on the block which might set your decision making back again...

[Linked Image]
Josh,

Thanks for the round count.

Not so much being a dick. Let it go.

Judman and Kaleb, you too.

Pat = smart

You = [bleep] with a bad attitude and a few rifles.

No wonder Boxer treats you like idiots.

GFY

Josh,

GFY

Can you give an update on the 6CR project and impressions?
Originally Posted by petr

Josh,

GFY

Can you give an update on the 6CR project and impressions?

Are you asking me or Mister Walter?
What does GFY mean?
Nope, I like the 6.5
Originally Posted by GregW

Haha 😂 ya ol Greg nailed it again. I just shake my head at these threads
Josh,

Not so much being a dick. Let it go.

Judman and Kaleb, you too.

Pat = smart

You = [bleep] with a bad attitude and a few rifles.

No wonder Boxer treats you like idiots.

GFY

God damn how’d I get involved in this?? Haha
Originally Posted by hanco
What does GFY mean?

Good For You.

Thought everyone knew that.
[Linked Image]

My boy Shane, with a mule deer buck he shot at 340 meters with a 6 Creed-105gr Hybrid, last fall. Buck took about three steps.

That barrel has 2100 rounds through it, and still shoots 3/8".
Boy those are some good bucks! The buck you killed is gnarly ol gristle!!
Dandy buck and great picture! I very much dig that country.
[Linked Image]

My boy Shane, with a mule deer buck he shot at 340 meters with a 6 Creed-105gr Hybrid, last fall. Buck took about three steps.

That barrel has 2100 rounds through it, and still shoots 3/8".

Good critters as usual Pat....

While not as impressive, daughter shot a couple WT bucks with the shorty Tikka/6CM/108s this past season. Good performance as suspected.

What powder are you burning in yours?
H4350 is all I've ever used in the six different 6 Creeds I have.
Ten 4....

Have you had to set it back, or original chamber?
Ten 4....

Have you had to set it back, or original chamber?

I just replace the barrels when they get 2200-2500 rounds through them. They still shoot great, but velocity starts to drop off...

#OutdoorLife
[Linked Image]

Keeerist! you shot him in the road even. Nice work. Pick up truck right to the deer. laugh
If it says Creedmoor it has to be magic, throw your 260's and 243's away!
© 24hourcampfire