Home
Posted By: Mogg2112 Sling help - 01/27/17
Hi folks. I am a new user here to the campfire forums. I have an issue I am hoping someone here can help me with. I recently purchased a Sinclair Montana sling with Chicago screws (no swivels) for my Ruger M77. When trying to install the sling earlier this week, the unique triple wrap slip knot unfolded and I am unable to figure out how to retie it.

I have tried contacting Sinclair manufacturing twice, but they have not responded to my inquiries (not sure if intentionally or not). I even offered to ship the sling back to them to get the knot retied. There are no instructions or videos anywhere online on how to retie this knot, so this is my last hope to try and get someone who can help me. I even looked up the patent documents for the Montana sling to see if I could replicate the knot, but to no avail.

In my search for help, I can across this forum and some old threads from 2012-2013 about Montana slings and found that some people here own them. I also understand that the owner, Mr. Sinclair, is or was a member of this board at some point. I am not trying to compromise Mr. Sinclair's design, I just want to be able to use my sling. I really like the quality of the sling too by the way. If anyone can provide me with some instructions on how to retie this knot, I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
Posted By: GeoW Re: Sling help - 01/27/17
Try here
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Sling help - 01/27/17
His screen name is scenarshooter. Try sending him a private message.
Posted By: Whttail_in_MT Re: Sling help - 01/27/17
http://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/users/25963/scenarshooter
Posted By: keystoneben Re: Sling help - 01/27/17
Just fold the three slits into themselves so it creates a loop,(kind of a 90 degree angle) then pull the other end of the sling through the loop, to hold it together.
Posted By: Mogg2112 Re: Sling help - 01/27/17
Thanks for the replies so far. Their website does not provide instructions (I cased the entire thing), but I went back and looked anyway. Also, I tried contacting them using the contact form and the owner's email. I will definitely try to PM the owner if I don't hear back (or if I'm not able to figure it out on my own) by Monday.

keystoneben - thanks. I have tried doing that what seems like over 100 times. The problem is that there is no way to get the loops to stay in place/secured before placing the other end of the sling through. The end that has the slits is what I am referring to. You have to secure it somehow so the loops stay in place. It doesn't hold together otherwise. There's some trick to it.
Posted By: molly Re: Sling help - 01/27/17
It's pretty simple when you see one .
With the tapered end pointing at you grab the left slit and twist it counter clockwise. repeat,repeat.....
Posted By: Mogg2112 Re: Sling help - 01/27/17
^ Thank you sooooo much. Makes total sense now! Issue resolved. I wish I could buy you a six pack. You're my hero!
Posted By: molly Re: Sling help - 01/27/17
glad to help.........
© 24hourcampfire