Home
Posted By: Smac1 Barrett Fieldcraft Hunting Rifle - 02/22/17
Has anyone tried the new Barrett? Looks like a very nice rifle. Hand bedded in a carbon fiber/kevlar stock, Timney trigger and in 6.5 Creedmore has a 21" barrel. A little over 5 pounds. MSRP @ $1799.
I wonder how much of this rifle is made in house . I had the opportunity to tour the Barrett facility in Murfreesboro a few years ago, it was awesome.
Looks a lot like the Forbes rifle
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Didn't Barrett buy Forbes?
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by mjbgalt

Didn't Barrett buy Forbes?

I'm not positive, but I think Barrett just bought out all of Forbes Rifles remaining stock when they went bankrupt.
It looks like a manufacturer may have finally connected the dots with twist, COAL, stock, weight, etc. I've been holding off on another Kimber waiting for this release.
These look like the bees' knees.

I can see a 243 Win version heading my way when they are available. A 3" mag box and 1-7 twist in 243 would do 95% of my hunting as well as long range steel shooting. And it could be carried all day with ease.

Actually, for 243, I'd prefer 2-3" more barrel, but it's more about blast than a huge velocity loss, with smallish bores.
I'd probably have preferenced 22" as well but 21" isn't hard to live with.
The 21" barrel is my only hang up too.
Originally Posted by STS45
The 21" barrel is my only hang up too.

So get a swede! 😉
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Actually, for 243, I'd prefer 2-3" more barrel, but it's more about blast than a huge velocity loss, with smallish bores.
I believe that I would prefer a 24" myself in 6.5 Creed of course.
© 24hourcampfire