Home
Posted By: Brad Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
A terrific gunbroker find!

The 6.5-20x50 Zeiss in see-thru's is uber practical...

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Dave_in_WV Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Originally Posted by Brad

[Linked Image]

Ultra-Uber!!! cool wink
Posted By: kingston Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
No bipod?
Posted By: djb Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
I'm not crazy about the scope/ring combo (or the rifle for that matter) but I have shot a couple of these and the accuracy wouldn't be an impediment. I don't know why they shoot so well.
Posted By: SockPuppet Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
I would expect nothing less than 1,000 yard head-shots on groundhogs with that thing.
Posted By: okie john Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Especially with the eye relief set up like that.

Okie John
Posted By: hh4whiskey Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Personally, I'm holding out for the 20-MOA rail see-thrus for my next lever action sniper build.
Posted By: mathman Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
I've seen worse at the range: A Marlin lever action fitted with ultra high see throughs and a giant Chicom (Barska, NC star type) high magnification 56mm junk scope.
The range in November and the boat ramp in July...
Posted By: shootsacreed Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Grew up in NE PA and never understood the fascination with see through mounts, that is until you see the quality of the scopes that are a staple back there and then it becomes crystal clear. I never worried myself since I was a Leupold man from the time I worked for a living.
Generations of tradition was lost when KMART got out of the optics business.
Posted By: benchman Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Originally Posted by shootsaswede
Grew up in NE PA and never understood the fascination with see through mounts, that is until you see the quality of the scopes that are a staple back there and then it becomes crystal clear. I never worried myself since I was a Leupold man from the time I worked for a living.
Yup. Couldn't depend on them. We're back there again, with the amount of absolute junk from China. Might as well not have a scope. My grandfather ran a Savage 99EG, 300, with a Unertl 4x in a Jaeger side mount. Very good side mount. Flip a lever and push a button to unlock, and slide it off the dovetail. I don't think that Unertl ever went off zero at all.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Did it sell?
Posted By: rost495 Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Might have been worth it for the scope...
Posted By: Vic_in_Va Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Originally Posted by kingston
The range in November and the boat ramp in July...

Absolutely!

You'll come away either highly entertained or shaking you head like Mega-Parkinson's has set in.
Doesn't show up on current or completed listings
Posted By: Homesteader Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
mathman - " Chicom (Barska, NC star type) high magnification 56mm junk scope." You would have the same IF you mounted the old 6oz. Coke bottle backwards. Big front...little rear, minus the optics of course. Homesteader
Posted By: ratsmacker Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Generations of tradition was lost when KMART got out of the optics business.

Naw, not really. You can still buy cheap optics from WallyWorld in bubble-packs. So, the traditions are still there, if you wanna do it that way.
Posted By: Brad Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Originally Posted by KenMi
Doesn't show up on current or completed listings

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/631069931

Bump for poetic license.
Posted By: Autofive Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
30-06?
308 if it's a factory sniper platform.
Posted By: Brad Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
308 if it's a factory sniper platform.

I thought the 30-06 chambering and 18" barrel was part of the practicality of this package, ie, more of an urban-sniper platform given the see-thru's.

And of course the old 06' saw sniper service right up through Vietnam.

Posted By: alpinecrick Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17

[Linked Image]

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread.

Love the eye relief...........
Not a bad deal at the buy it now if the scope and gun are actually in good shape. Both have sold for quite a bit more seperately
Not a bad deal at the buy it now if the scope and gun are actually in good shape. Both have sold for quite a bit more seperately

Read the fine print in the description. The seller's insane.
A similar gun alone sold for $705. $1100 includes the scope. However, that scope is one that is sold as Chinese replicas, so that could be a real trap, especially how it is spelled in the ad.
Posted By: bwinters Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
Sadly I've seen alot of this type of set up mostly on 760s and Winchester 94. See through mounts seem to be pretty popular in NW PA. We call the 760 - The PA Machine Gun. I've heard those things out out some serious lead with a 'good' operator.
Posted By: ChrisAU Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/20/17
I've always wanted a Zeizz!
Posted By: pointer Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/21/17
Brad- I double dog dare you laugh to buy that thing and use it for your annual 6pt bull! With a picture of that rifle and your bull you'll be able to sell it for a profit!

I'll buy you a mess of StL hats if you do!
Posted By: KenMi Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/21/17
Funny that most of those guns with scopes or mounts included have that same ring setup.
Posted By: mathman Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/21/17
Originally Posted by alpinecrick

[Linked Image]

I knew I shouldn't have clicked on this thread.

Love the eye relief...........

Ingwe?
Posted By: Alamosa Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/21/17
Funny that most of those guns with scopes or mounts included have that same ring setup.

Ya. You see that a lot.
My late uncle was very proud of his. Liked to still have the open sights.

I wonder if Remington ever advertised the Gamemaster/Wingmaster pairing.
Posted By: KenMi Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/21/17
And 9 out of 10 were probably never used as sights or even sighted in correctly with sights, for that matter
Posted By: Blacktailer Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/21/17
Looks like the scope ends up so high your face would never touch the stock or am I wrong?
A horse walks into a bar, the bartender says "Why the long face?"
The horse says "I got see thru mounts on my deer rifle and this is the only way I can get cheek weld." grin grin
Posted By: bwinters Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/21/17
Originally Posted by Blacktailer
Looks like the scope ends up so high your face would never touch the stock or am I wrong?
A horse walks into a bar, the bartender says "Why the long face?"
The horse says "I got see thru mounts on my deer rifle and this is the only way I can get cheek weld." grin grin

Lol
Posted By: stiab Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/21/17
Originally Posted by djb
I don't know why they shoot so well.

Because of the free floating barrel.
Posted By: kingston Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/21/17
[Linked Image]

To be fair, super high see-thru mounts are probably the way to hang the objective bell of a 16" long 50mm scope over the factory rear sight.

The scope's just for game observation and estimating rangeā€”no serious rifleman would trust anything, but open sights.
Posted By: whelennut Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/21/17
Laugh it up but my father in law had one in .243 that would group so tight you would not believe it.
Posted By: MikeL2 Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/22/17
If you look real close, rear sight is the ramp only, missing the slide. So see thru mounts??

Also, bid starting price doesn't include the scope, but you get it free at the buy it now price!
Posted By: whitebread Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by MikeL2
If you look real close, rear sight is the ramp only, missing the slide. So see thru mounts??

The rear mount acts as an aperture sight? whistle
Posted By: stiab Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/22/17
I think you guys are missing the point: if it is indeed a carbine 760, then it is worth every bit of the $599 without the scope. They are very hard to find, and pricey when you do. That one might not get a lot of attention on GB because "carbine" is not in the search info.

Edited to add===> for example, a .30-06 carbine with replaced stock and 6 days left is already over $500, and one in .280 is at $1175.
Posted By: shootsacreed Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/22/17
stiab has it right get rid of the scope or the rifle and it's still a deal .308 760 carbines are tough to come by, I know I searched hard for one for one of my customers years ago. Re-do it properly and you have quite a rifle.
Posted By: Dirtfarmer Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/22/17

Too many, even here on the Fire Classifieds, don't separate scope and rifle. In most cases, they sell better offered individually.

Someone wanting that scope, may not want that rifle, and vice versa.

And, especially with that unit being such a mismatch, separtion is even more appropriate.

The seller should sell those fine see thru mounts as a third offering.

DF
Posted By: kingston Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/22/17
Originally Posted by whelennut
Laugh it up but my father in law had one in .243 that would group so tight you would not believe it.

True

Originally Posted by stiab
I think you guys are missing the point: if it is indeed a carbine 760, then it is worth every bit of the $599 without the scope. They are very hard to find, and pricey when you do. That one might not get a lot of attention on GB because "carbine" is not in the search info.

Edited to add===> for example, a .30-06 carbine with replaced stock and 6 days left is already over $500, and one in .280 is at $1175.

Maybe that's why the scope looks so long.
Posted By: ironbender Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/22/17
Scope looks like Jeff0 mounted it.
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/22/17
Who cares how someone scoped his rifle. I have seen many similar setups, those folk killed many deer. Their only goal. They did it with cheap asss scopes and fed their families. If perfect, high dollar equipment makes you feel superior, have at it.

P.S. After spending thou$and$ on your proper rifle, you will still have micro penises. grin
True
Posted By: Gansettx Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/23/17
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
P.S. After spending thou$and$ on your proper rifle, you will still have micro penises. grin

Insinuating only men with big penises in PA own 760 Carbines, wait until I tell my Father In-Law. He and his 3 brothers must have gotten a deal on theirs because they all have similarly scoped 760's of the dreaded .270 flavor...and not 12 inches between the 4 of them... laugh
Posted By: stiab Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/23/17
Don't know (or care) about the penis size correlation, but watch Hal Blood track and kill this nice buck, using his Remington 760 Carbine with no scope!

760 Carbine does the trick
Posted By: AcesNeights Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/23/17
Price doesn't include scope. Lolol

Please read the Item Characteristics for important listing details.

760 GAMEMASTER 30-06 18" REMINGTON VERY CLEAN 95% GUN HAS ZEIZZ 6.5-20X50 CONQUEST SCOPE ON IT STARTING PRICE AND BIDS FOR GUN ONLY ADD $599 FOR SCOPE ALSO OR BUY IT NOW YOU GET THE SCOPE FREE
Posted By: Dillonbuck Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/23/17
Not insinuating anything, but I better find one to buy. Cheap at twice the price if it makes the little feller grow. grin
Posted By: kingston Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/23/17
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Not insinuating anything, but I better find one to buy. Cheap at twice the price if it makes the little feller grow. grin

What's the shortest barrel they make? I'll take two.
Posted By: jt402 Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/23/17
I once had a 760 in .223 that was well used and a little abused. All it would do with factory .55 grain CoreLokt was a half inch for 3 @ 100. I played with it for a while and sold it as it was not really me. What a dumb ass I was......

Jack
Posted By: stiab Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/24/17
Originally Posted by jt402
I once had a 760 in .223 that was well used and a little abused. All it would do with factory .55 grain CoreLokt was a half inch for 3 @ 100. I played with it for a while and sold it as it was not really me. What a dumb ass I was......

Jack

Yeah, it would be worth about $2grand now, even if not in best of shape. We have all made those kinds of mistakes.
Posted By: shootsacreed Re: Amish Sniper Rifle... - 03/24/17
No disrespect concerning a 760/7600 had them and they shoot lights out. And to each his own when it comes to rifle selection, mostly based on what dad and grandpa used when it comes to PA, lived it. I just never understood the high rise mounts and I can't begin to count the number I mounted on Remingtons. My pet peeve was the guy who had me mount a $50.00 scope on his 760 in high rise mounts and then come back in a and complain about a fogged scope after I tried to tell him when he first purchased the scope of the hazards of fogging scopes in PA due to humidity.
© 24hourcampfire