Posted By: Nessmuk Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
Hum?
Sheeple
Posted By: KenMi Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
Rename it the 260 Gullible
Posted By: Pat85 Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
6.5 Creedmoor

[Linked Image]
And yet people loved to gobble up some O'Connor cock and 270's by the bushel.

Never not funny
What is wrong with owning a 6.5 Creedmoor?

I bought a Howa from Whitakers when they had a sale, cut the barrel and had it threaded for a suppressor. Should make a fine deer rifle, along with my unaltered CZ550 6.5x55.
Posted By: OSU_Sig Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
I own one. And I just bought another for my wife.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Never not funny

No chit....the creedmoor is better at everything than a 270. Less recoil better ammo higher bc...for those shooting long range. What's not to like other the the fools who want to do something a certain way because it's what they've always done.....idiots still poop outside too I guess
Posted By: Buckeye Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
A great cartridge... Hornady makes some fine hunting ammo 129 gr soft point .... very accurate.. soft recoil .... case is a bit shorter and fatter than tbe 260 case ... longer bullets dont take up valuable space ....Basically a 6.5x55 that can be housed in a shortaction ..

Im sold out on a dinosaur, 270 Winchester.......or I would be all over the Creedmoor..
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
Nothing wrong with a 270 but nothing wrong with the creedmoor either.
Posted By: JMR40 Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
I've had a Ruger Predator in 6.5 for about 3 weeks now. Can't think of anything to not like about it. I paid $389 OTD for the rifle. I haven't shot a 3 or 5 shot group yet over 1 MOA, several closer to 1/2 MOA with factory ammo.

My brother has had one for a few months and since he doesn't handload I have a good supply of once fired brass. Loaded 20 rounds with 3 different charges and 143gr ELDX bullets. Same accuracy, a little more speed.
Posted By: LNF150 Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
Put me down for one in a Vanguard. I'm still working with it in the reloading department for getting a tight group. Nothing wrong with the rifle and it certainly is a gentle cartridge to pull the trigger on.
Posted By: old70 Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
Bought a Bergara Hunter because it looked interesting. Most accurate new rifle I've ever had. Good for whitetail where I hunt. I like it, but don't ascribe any particular magic to it. Nice mid-caliber short action round that I expect will do all I ask of it. Also don't think I'm special for owning it. I like the Bergara too, might decide I need one in .308 as well.

Old70
Posted By: Mathsr Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/25/17
I had a Ruger Precision rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor and sold it. I got the Ruger more for the style of the rifle than the fact that it was chambered for the 6.5 Creedmoor. The cartridge was fine, but the rifle was a little awkward for me. I already had a 260 Remington that I was comfortable with and when the chance came to trade the Ruger Precision, I did. I could be happy with either the 6.5 Creedmoor or the 260 Remington. I just got the 260 Remington first.
Posted By: Smac1 Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/26/17
All my Creedmoors are 7mm 08, I even have a custom built on a long action Mauser
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/26/17

No chit....the creedmoor is better at everything than a 270.

Nonsense.
Posted By: CRS Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/26/17

Never not funny

Clueless, or just ruffling feathers. grin

I own one Creedmoor, and planning on getting another.

They will go along nicely with my 22's, 243's, 270's, 7mm-08's, 300, 9.3x64, & 375.
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/26/17
I'm amazed, I started these threads to poke at M77 and his thread. I am enjoying the opinions and thoughts tho.
I personally am a fan of the 250 and 300 savage. The creedmoor strikes me as the metric 250ai, which is why I am interested, as it has a wider range of bullet choices.
Anybody remember the 270 wildcat on the 300 Savage case? To me it's like deja-vu all over again. The 308 Marlin is another example.
I stand by my opinion, we could get by fine with what Arthur Savage and Mr. Newton put together about a century ago.
Posted By: RBO Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/26/17
Originally Posted by Nessmuk
I'm amazed, I started these threads to poke at M77 and his thread. I am enjoying the opinions and thoughts tho.
I personally am a fan of the 250 and 300 savage. The creedmoor strikes me as the metric 250ai, which is why I am interested, as it has a wider range of bullet choices.
Anybody remember the 270 wildcat on the 300 Savage case? To me it's like deja-vu all over again. The 308 Marlin is another example.
I stand by my opinion, we could get by fine with what Arthur Savage and Mr. Newton put together about a century ago.

Sometimes it's not just about "getting by", it's about using something better.
Posted By: Higginez Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/26/17
In order to win over the majority of the Fire, the Creedmoor needs to have a factory load with a Nosler Partition.

Posted By: Kaleb Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/26/17
Haha
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/26/17
I have a Browning Long Range Hunter, it shoots 1/2" groups with Hornady factory 120 Amax's. I had a SS Ruger Hawkeye with a 26" barrel that shot just as good and sold it like a fool!
Creedmoor is the only rifle I own that I have yet to shoot. Put together a Grendel CZ527 nearly 2 years ago at the same time I seen This RAR predator and could not pass this up. Crazy Thing is the Grendel still holds my interest to a point that the Creed has not made it out of the stable yet.

This is not like me at all.
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/27/17
Originally Posted by Higbean
In order to win over the majority of the Fire, the Creedmoor needs to have a factory load with a Nosler Partition.

Barnes 127gr LRX!
Posted By: SKane Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/27/17
I own one. There is no magic fairy dust on the 6.5 Creedmoor but it is indeed a pleasure to shoot and reload.
Of course, I'm not one for minutia - nor do I much care if someone else approves/disapproves of what chambering I choose to hunt with. smile
Posted By: sidepass Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/27/17
A Ruger Hawkeye Predator and a rebarreled Kimber Longmaster.
Three
I own the "original Creedmoor." A .260 Remington with a 3-inch magazine......
Posted By: Joezone Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/27/17
I have a Ruger Hawkeye Predator in 6.5CM. I've been very happy with both the rifle and the cartridge. Of course there are many other cartridges of similar capability from a hunting perspective. Where this and a few others really separate a bit are for long range tactical/precision rifle competition shooting, because they strike an excellent compromise regarding barrel life, long range ballistics, ability to spot impact and low recoil. Aside from that accurate factory ammo and good brass at reasonable prices are available.
Sako

[Linked Image]

Savage

[Linked Image]
Another retired gent I shoot with regularly had given a Howa action rifle to one of his fellow board of directors of our private range to rebarrel, using a Savage barrel nut and a decent brand Savage replacement barrel. Sooooo, I gave my Howa rifle and a take off 6.5x55 Savage replacement barrel to the guy.....telling him rechamber my 6.5x55 to 6.5CM and do the same installation on my Howa. Gents, the diameter and threads on a Howa is very close to those used on a Winchester. So, running a Winchester thread tap into the Howa receiver changes its threads and you can then rethread a Savage replacement barrel to winchester thread, leaving the barrel threads for the Savage barrel nut alone. Bingo, you have a Howa-Sav barrel.

A few weeks ago, took a number of Visa gift cards I'd accumulated to a local sporting goods store that had the Axis II SP heavy barrel 6.5CM in stock. With the gift cards and the $50 rebate on the rifle, got another 6.5 CM to shoot for a very little out of pocket expense.
My son had one for a few months til he decided to get married and needed the cash. It was a Ruger American Predator. Right out of the box with Hornady factory loads, 3 shot groups were just over the size of a quarter shooting over the equivalent of a truck hood. I was very sad he sold it and I couldn't afford to buy it from him. Seemed like it would be a wonderful sheep/caribou gun.
A friend has one - a custom job on a Remington short action. It shoots great with factory ammo, even out to 700+ yards.

I personally scratched the 6.5 itch last year with a Tikka T-3 Hunter in 6.5x55 I bought used. It shoots great - 10 shots into an inch with loads I haven't developed much, and recoil isn't bad after replacing the factory recoil pad.

The good things about the 6.5 CM are that it's new, and chamber dimensions are standardized with accuracy in mind. Factory ammo is accurate. It's designed as a long range round. It doesn't kick much.

I don't have one - yet. Who knows how itchy this 6.5 rash will get....
Posted By: REDVANES Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/27/17

grin grin grin

Hilarious!
Posted By: johnw Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/28/17
Originally Posted by Kaleb
....idiots still poop outside too I guess

You [bleep] in your own home???
Posted By: tzone Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/29/17
Originally Posted by Nessmuk
Hum?

Everybody but me it sounds like.
Posted By: Nessmuk Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/29/17
Oh give me a home
where the 6.5's roam
And the brass rains down from heaven all day.
Where seldom is heard
all the discouraging words
And everyone shoots critters that come out to play...
CHORUS NOW!
Home, home is the gun range, where guys come both normal and strange.
To shoot the breeze and their guns, for bragging rights and for funs,
And listen to the normal harangue.

My apologies,
Don't know why, felt the need...

Posted By: Gtscotty Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/29/17
Originally Posted by shootinurse
Sako

[Linked Image]

Savage

[Linked Image]

Can you post up some info on that Savage 99? Looks pretty neat.
Posted By: hanco Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/29/17
I only have two.
Posted By: 16bore Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 03/29/17
I'll go out on a limb and say that a T3-SL Creed, SWFA scope, and 147 ELD-M is going to be THE rig of 2017.

Full custom. Shilen 1:8 twist at 23". Metal work bead blasted, action in the white and coated with 5 or six layers of Ultra bore coatings exterior ceramic, inside and out, and then baked on. Ultra bore coat down the barrel. Stock is from Show Me Gunstocks in Warsaw, MO. Pachmayer pad rounds it up. All work done by Whitetail Gun Shop in Rauchtown, PA.
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by 16bore
I'll go out on a limb and say that a T3-SL Creed, SWFA scope, and 147 ELD-M is going to be THE rig of 2017.

I'd buy into that.
Posted By: jaguartx Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 04/01/17
Im saving my money for this so i can run down guys who still crap outside like i do when hunting. The more im crapping outside the happier i am.

Originally Posted by shootinurse
Full custom. Shilen 1:8 twist at 23". Metal work bead blasted, action in the white and coated with 5 or six layers of Ultra bore coatings exterior ceramic, inside and out, and then baked on. Ultra bore coat down the barrel. Stock is from Show Me Gunstocks in Warsaw, MO. Pachmayer pad rounds it up. All work done by Whitetail Gun Shop in Rauchtown, PA.
[Linked Image]

Nice hunting rig, if you're a hunter, that is. wink

I wonder if they would work with those old style pos boolets.
Posted By: Kaleb Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 04/01/17
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Originally Posted by 16bore

I'd buy into that.

What load?

Posted By: 16bore Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 04/01/17
The one Horny makes.
Posted By: hanco Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 04/05/17
I like that rifle😊
Posted By: HaYen Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 04/05/17
Originally Posted by CRS

Never not funny

Clueless, or just ruffling feathers. grin

I own one Creedmoor, and planning on getting another.

They will go along nicely with my 22's, 243's, 270's, 7mm-08's, 300, 9.3x64, & 375.

LOL Love it!!!

Just got my first one, looking forward to putting some rounds through it soon.

[Linked Image]IMG_1372 by CBMJR, on Flickr
Posted By: prm Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 04/06/17

Factory load?!? Gasp...

However, handloaded 140 partitions and RL16 are a REALLY nice combination!
Posted By: donsm70 Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 04/06/17
I joined the Creedmore club today. Mama is out of town and it was raining here today so I took a trip to Cabelas in Wheeling, WV.

That is not what I went for, but I had a bunch of points (read Cabelas $) and the Gun Library guy showed me a Ruger American in 6.5 Creedmore that one of the employees had just traded in. I talked to the employee and he convinced me that there was nothing the matter with the rifle.

I'm not necessarily a Ruger guy but I couldn't pass it up.
I've heard a lot of good things about these newer, inexpensive Rugers.

I still intend to get a Mauser that I own rebarreled to 6.5 Creedmore.

Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

donsm70
Posted By: jobyjob Re: Who owns a 6.5 creedmoor? - 04/07/17
I'm on my 2nd one. So far............
© 24hourcampfire