Home
Winchester is introducing a new cartridge named.....the .350 legend. It appears to be a straight walled .223 case tapered to .357 diameter. That's all I know on this new intro. I assume Winchester is trying to fill a perceived gap for the states only allowing straight walled cases for deer hunting
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore
Winchester is introducing a new cartridge named.....the .350 legend. It appears to be a straight walled .223 case tapered to .357 diameter. That's all I know on this new intro. I assume Winchester is trying to fill a perceived gap for the states only allowing straight walled cases for deer hunting

357 Max was not enough I guess
They can’t seem to get production rifles out the door in 6.5 Creed, which has marched itself into top 5 probably for ammunition sold...but they are releasing a straight walled 35 caliber with a corny name. RIP Winchester.
It has my attention. I love .35 caliber.

Huh, hopefully I can hold one at Shot next week.... thanks for the heads up.
Originally Posted by moosemike

+2

Any word on muzzle velocity and bullets used for this one?
Originally Posted by TomM1
They can’t seem to get production rifles out the door in 6.5 Creed, which has marched itself into top 5 probably for ammunition sold...but they are releasing a straight walled 35 caliber with a corny name. RIP Winchester.

My thoughts exactly.
I found a picture online.

[Linked Image]
It's a new spin on the 357 Maximum.
Wonder what rifle they plan on chambering it in?
Using a 223 Donor hull,is the best move Winny has made in decades.........................
Originally Posted by TDN
Originally Posted by TomM1

My thoughts exactly.

This.
By the time they (Winchester) actually get a rifle chambered for it out to the public, the states will have changed their regulations ... again.
Krunchentickers will save it.

Hint................
What states only allow straight walled cases?
Only the ones to avoid,at all costs.................(grin)
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Only the ones to avoid,at all costs.................(grin)

Lmao... I hear that!
Several, but Ohio has the best rule. Any straight case 35 to 50 cal. Michigan and Indiana wrote some half assed cartridge length rule in it too. Thats why the 450 Bushmaster caught on. And Iowa just changed their regulations as well to allow some straight case rifles in shotgun zone

Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Wonder what rifle they plan on chambering it in?

I'm guessing ARs

Hint................

Yep.
But, but, but, but..
the skookum BC! LOL
The southern third of Michigan's lower Peninsula, which oddly holds more deer than the northern half, and way more than the U.P.
Originally Posted by WTM45
But, but, but, but..
the skookum BC! LOL

When one is LEGISLATED to roll Stupidity,BC goes out da' window.

Doubly so in AR confines.

Hint................
Originally Posted by KenMi
..............and Indiana wrote some half assed cartridge length rule in it too.

No such restriction in Indiana any longer, 6mm and up is good to go now.
Seems like a 6mm on a 223 hull,would do nice thangs?!?....................(grin)
Michigan followed Indiana cause the pencil pushers couldn't write their own rule. And, yes referring to the DNR and NRC as well. They don't know a bullet from a sabot.
Nor do you.

Hint...............
Sounds like baby ran out of his Jwack Danwiels
Your sheer and utter cluelessness,is simply fhuqking magnificent.

Congratulations?!?............
Oooohhh. Sweet. Needed that square on my board.

This bingo thing is the only thing keeping this forum
Some gotta play games,others simply shoot and them differences are beyond "stark". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart...............
Dammit. Already filled that square.

Pictures! We need dead fish and waterlogged guns for the win.
Stupidity ain't a square,Toots...but your Imagination and Pretend are fhuqking hilarious.

Hint.

Laughing!................
How do you taper a .223 hull up to .357?
Tapered expander ball.

Who pours water in your glass for you?

WOW!..........................
Will they make it in anything but a black rifle? powdr
It’s all about the bullet. If it will give good penetration on hogs then the 350 Legend might find a market down South.
We don’t want some phuqqed up 35 caliber bullet in a 223 case for hogs down South! Laughing
Tapered expander ball.

laugh
Man, it is going to get super redundant in here.

Looks like Big SHTITK finally passed his probationary period of one post per day.
Tapered expander ball.

laugh

Good one
I like that. I'd love to have a Zastava Mini Mauser or Howa Mini chambered in a little .35 cal. I'll bet Jess will stay busy reboring old bolt action .222s and .223s to this round.
Looks like a .351 redux to me. Just a different rifle to send it downrange. Of course, there's nothing new under the sun.
Originally Posted by hangunnr
..............and Indiana wrote some half assed cartridge length rule in it too.

No such restriction in Indiana any longer, 6mm and up is good to go now.

Sorta true.
On private land yes but on public land you still have the .35 cal and 1.16” min 1.80” max rules.
I kept my .358 wssm in case I get drawn for military/refuge hunts.
And yes the powers that be in our state sure came up with some dumb laws.
The 350 legend don’t excite me one bit.
I’ll stick with the max.
Originally Posted by doctor_Encore

I'm glad to see it. I was considering building one anyway and went so far as to neck up .223 to .357 and play with seating various bullets. Then I found I wasn't the only one. It's called the .357 Max AR. It's the fastest, lightest recoiling round you can shove into an AR in a straight wall, .35" minimum state.
https://mdws.forumchitchat.com/?forum=645266

You can buy Starline .223 basic brass and forget all the forming.
Might be some fun w/ 158 gr jhp.

I used to run about a thousand 110 jhp per year through the 30-06.
Where is CashIsKing? He was doing something like this too.
Originally Posted by Fotis

Looks like Big SHTITK finally passed his probationary period of one post per day.

Only YOU,can keep you from saying something fhuqking STUPID...and I very much enjoy that you are powerless in the refrain.

Hint......................
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
Looks like a .351 redux to me. Just a different rifle to send it downrange. Of course, there's nothing new under the sun.

The performance/capacity has long been there via a smattering of 'cats,but the 223 Parent is a huge foot in the door,by literal default.

Hint...............
Originally Posted by barm

+2

We built a bunch of these 6 months ago...

We are getting 2,850 fps with Hornady 110 gr. XTPs

125s, 140s and 158 are not slouchs either.

Still testing 180s and 200s
They were called "357 AR Maximum Rimless"

Silly long name...

We renamed ours "358 Macho"

More of a joke than anything else, but if you search the web that name may come up as well.
About 2,100fps with a 180 and about 2,000 with a 200.
Accuracy is around 2"... May get better, but doubt we will ever get under 1" with pistol bullets.

FYI, 2,850 is WAY BEYOND the rated speed of an XTP... Will try on some hogs or coyotes this spring... Strongly suspect impact will be more of an RPG than normal bullet performance.
Originally Posted by CashisKing
We renamed ours "358 Macho"

More of a joke than anything else, but if you search the web that name may come up as well.

Wow! Make sure you add "rifle" to that search too! laugh
Supposed to "debut" next week. Guess there was some ticked a bit that the magazine picture got out before the SHOT show.
Could be more than a little fun. Not really my thing but it would be interesting to see what it would do with heavy lead from one of the various molds available to the melting pot folks.
I see it being a sleeper and folks gravitating that way.

Due the 223 Parent and Krunchenticker angles solely.................
I see it being a sleeper and folks gravitating that way.

Due the 223 Parent and Krunchenticker angles solely.................

Shut up Fug Stik. You wouldn't know *why* to use an AR if it bit your ass.
Your surging Estrogen levels,are hilarious. Hint.

Congratulations?!?..................
Another bingo square so early?
When will you figure out English?
I'm as at ease in citing Facts,as you are in playing games. Congratulations?!?

BINGO...for a coupla Garrows.

[Linked Image]

Google it. Hint.

Laughing!..............
When the red screen comes up that says, "access denied"

Lmao
What's it like,to always be on the outside looking in?!?

[Linked Image]

BINGO.

Hint.................
Anyone got a link to a write-up or the leaked magazine photo of the .350 Legend? Not getting any hits on Google.

Nevermind, just realized that I missed the pic on the first page. Must have gotten distracted by all the off topic Hawg wagglin' and window licking.
Needs more cowbell. .aka....rattlecan
I'm as at ease in citing Facts,as you are in playing games. Congratulations?!?

BINGO...for a coupla Garrows.

[Linked Image]

I can tell by the scope placement that you don't have a clue as to how to use an AR.
Please post more, I could use the laughs. laugh
May I suggest a Hurt Feelers Report,to satiate your very WELL founded Insecurities?

Hint..................
Cow Bell.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!.............
At least it doesn't have a tacticool 4" riser.
Saw some goof at the range with a riser on a Ruger Ranch 450.
Perfect height for a damn giraffe.
Cheek weld had more chin than a chinese white pages.
Must be rather "rewarding" for you,to be eye fhuqking everyone else's wares...if only to keep your mind off ALL of the stuff you ain't got?

Congratulations?!?

Cow Bell.

[Linked Image]

Laughing!..............
May I suggest a Hurt Feelers Report,to satiate your very WELL founded Insecurities?

Hint..................

I'm lovin' it! laugh

Keep up the comedy! I'll show these pics to the 4-H kids for how *not* to rig an AR.
Don't despair, the World needs bad examples too and that just happens to be your function.
I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that you gotta dangle pics...instead of your own wares. Congratulations?!?

You Brokedick Window Licking DUMB Fhuqks are a hoot! What do you "do" for a "living"? Hint.

Bless your heart for trying..................
He needs the eye relief set that way to suit his dwarf-like stature. Haven't y'all figured out this guy's angle yet? He is obviously over-compensating for some kind of deficiency, either mental or physical...
If something interests me,I simply procure,R&D and extrapolate in kind. Not all wares are "equal",nor close. Hint.

Never was one to linger.

Hint..............
Originally Posted by Gtscotty
Anyone got a link to a write-up or the leaked magazine photo of the .350 Legend? Not getting any hits on Google.

We take back the feed lips a bit... and you have to blend the barrel extension. Rounds stove pipe until you solve both... Not hard to solve.
Is there any body taper left after going up to .355 ID ?

I've modified a few cases & didn't think the 5.56 would make it. I was experimenting with Lake City brass.
I also see another launching pad for the giant bag of 150 gr Rem Corlokts I have on hand.
They will put it in the XPR probably.

And hope an AR company picks up on it.
More for just the round and ammo, than for rifle introduction.
Only negative is that the round headspacess off the case mouth. No shoulder and high pressure so be mindful.

Starline sells the brass... It is called .223 Basic.
So Winchester is going to be making an AR ????????
CCI makes 22LR fodder,less offering wares chambered same.

HINT.......................

Only YOU,can keep you from saying something fhuqking STUPID...and I very much enjoy that you are powerless in the refrain.

Hint......................

As opposed to your intelligent remarks....... You inbred elf?

Go count your chromosomes again, I am sure you have a bunch of extra ones.
Kchuntis,

PLEASE find me "mistaken"...it will be funnier than fhuqk.

Hint.

40,272 posts of hobingoblish.

You'd think there'd be sense in at least 1 or 2.

Guess you beat the odds.

Party on. Time is running short.

Google it.
KenBitchigan,

Feel free to bitch again. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!..............
Ooooohhh. Have to add that to the new bingo card.

Only said it 23 times. That's a record
You ain't stopped Whining yet. Congratulations?!?

BINGO.

Hint.

Laughing!.................
Nope it's a drinking game too. Lol
Stupidity isn't a "game",it's a plight and them differences are stark. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING.

[Linked Image]
Plagiarism is "neat",for them wearing diapers. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...............
[Linked Image]
Ooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Accuracy is around 2"... May get better, but doubt we will ever get under 1" with pistol bullets.

The bullets will do it if the rifle will. No issues getting under 1" with saboted XTPs or other pistol bullets in muzzleloaders
They see how Hornady has done with the 450, and think they can join the party with a straight case that is AR or bolt usable.

Hopefully their bullet design will be better than the FTX crap Hornady put in the 450. Accuracy is great, but field reports suck. It routinely lacks penetration, loses too much weight, and most often produces pitiful blood trails.
They see how Hornady has done with the 450, and think they can join the party with a straight case that is AR or bolt usable.

Hopefully their bullet design will be better than the FTX crap Hornady put in the 450. Accuracy is great, but field reports suck. It routinely lacks penetration, loses too much weight, and most often produces pitiful blood trails.

From the photo on the cover they've got a new .358 bullet for it. Sounds fun!
Sounds like an M1 30 cal.
This little round would be perfect in a single shot rifle. powdr
Originally Posted by Cypress
It’s all about the bullet. If it will give good penetration on hogs then the 350 Legend might find a market down South.

Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
We don’t want some phuqqed up 35 caliber bullet in a 223 case for hogs down South! Laughing

Actually, I live further south than you and yes we would like to have a good bullet in a 35-223.
I may try some heavy lead subs... Problem is how heavy... Inside taper of case will be limit in seating depth.

No idea who the Big Stick guy is, but from some of moronic stuff he writes... Maybe it really isn't safe for him to play with guns... Or himself.
CashQueen,

It's your Imagination,be sure to Pretend with it as you MUST.

Hint..............
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
Sounds like an M1 30 cal.

Pretty much, but more .357ish
Serious question, what advantage will this cartridge have over .300blk, other than being straight walled?
CashQueen,

It's your Imagination,be sure to Pretend with it as you MUST.

Hint..............

That just doesn't make sense... I think you are a bot.

Maybe that explains hint?
Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak
Serious question, what advantage will this cartridge have over .300blk, other than being straight walled?

Better Delta on gas pressure between subs and supers.

More energy potential.

Better selection of expanding bullets.

More case capacity to push stuff harder.

-----------

Downside is going to be mag mods, barrel extension blending and potential for less feed reliability.

It'll play nice,where folks are mandated to only shoot stupid schit and will be their best pitch at compliance.

Hint..................

More energy potential.

You'd do well,to set the crack pipe down.

Hint................

It'll play nice,where folks are mandated to only shoot stupid schit and will be their best pitch at compliance.

Hint..................

Sounds about right. Fortunately no such rules in my locale. If I’m going to build an upper to fling “ping pong balls” at pigs I think I’d just buy an ARP 6.8 barrel and use hornady factory ammo. And stick to my .357mag lever gun

More energy potential.

Better selection of expanding bullets.

More case capacity to push stuff harder.

-----------

Downside is going to be mag mods, barrel extension blending and potential for less feed reliability.

I don’t think I care that much about shooting subsonic, but I know some guys do.
I've got lotsa Harrison spouts.

Pass the 224/243 Grendels and hold the Fluff.................(grin)
[Linked Image]
Ooopsie!.................

[Linked Image]

+2

Any word on twist rate?

Here is some history on my use of the 110 gr Speer Varminter in 30-06.

We initially loaded the first 100 in the '06 with a decent load of 3031 for an expected velocity around 3500 fps, just like I had successfully loaded 110 gr RN in the past. I took a shot at 100 yds, and missed the target clean. Walked up to fifty yds, still a complete miss. Thirty yards, complete miss, not a mark on the18 inch square target. WTF?????

This was in about 1980, and I had only been loading about a year, I was pretty much a novice.

So anyway, the next shot at fifteen yds left six or seven holes in the target. The bullet was fragmenting near the muzzle due to excessive RPM.

I slowed it sown to 2400 fps with 4198 and used that load for years on ground squirrels, musk rats, and pop cans. It was about a two moa load and I used it out to about 150 yd targets. If you could hit the water with it about 12 inches this side of a muskrat, it would lift the rodent about six feet into the air and drop him dead without a mark on his body. There was zero chance of a ricochet from the water's surface, not that it would have mattered on that muskrat infested reservoir. There was nothing down range, but a cheat grass bluff.

But this was in a commercial Winchester barrel intended to stabilize bullets up to 220 gr. I would be curious what could be done with the same bullet twisted 1 in 24".
[Linked Image]
I've never even heard of BHW.

Ooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Laughing!..............
[Linked Image]
Ooopsie!...........

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ooopsie!.............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Oooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Just adding to my post count here.
Ooopsie!............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ooopsie!...............

[Linked Image]
The short fat ones must get extra usage
Ooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

+2

Any word on twist rate?

Here is some history on my use of the 110 gr Speer Varminter in 30-06.

We initially loaded the first 100 in the '06 with a decent load of 3031 for an expected velocity around 3500 fps, just like I had successfully loaded 110 gr RN in the past. I took a shot at 100 yds, and missed the target clean. Walked up to fifty yds, still a complete miss. Thirty yards, complete miss, not a mark on the18 inch square target. WTF?????

This was in about 1980, and I had only been loading about a year, I was pretty much a novice.

So anyway, the next shot at fifteen yds left six or seven holes in the target. The bullet was fragmenting near the muzzle due to excessive RPM.

I slowed it sown to 2400 fps with 4198 and used that load for years on ground squirrels, musk rats, and pop cans. It was about a two moa load and I used it out to about 150 yd targets. If you could hit the water with it about 12 inches this side of a muskrat, it would lift the rodent about six feet into the air and drop him dead without a mark on his body. There was zero chance of a ricochet from the water's surface, not that it would have mattered on that muskrat infested reservoir. There was nothing down range, but a cheat grass bluff.

But this was in a commercial Winchester barrel intended to stabilize bullets up to 220 gr. I would be curious what could be done with the same bullet twisted 1 in 24".

We did about 20 barrels... All came from Green Mountain... Most were 1:14 .358s. Two guys wanted 1:20 .357s... No data yet on the .357s

.358s are shooting well.

I used the same 1:14 .358s on my .358W guns two years ago... Very consistent 1/2 MOA and 1/4 MOA if you slow down 200s to the 2,230 fps range.
Originally Posted by hookeye
So Winchester is going to be making an AR ????????

My guess is Winchester's parent company (FN) announces an AR at SHOT chambered in .350 Legend.
Originally Posted by joshf303

Southern Michigan is one and I think Indiana. Hence all the hype around these parts for the 450 bushmaster. Michigan also has length requirements for this zone, so a 45-70 is too long, even though it closely resembles the bushmaster in performance. the reasoning is to limit the effective range of rifles in the heavily populated areas. Michigan's southern area has always been shotgun or muzzleloader only, until they passed the limited rifle rules a few years ago. Its really nice, since good sabot shotgun slugs are very expensive, about impossible to reload for, recoil excessively especially for kids, and have questionalble accuracy. The 450 bushy is a great alternative.
Except for the fact that the knuckleheads in charge don't realize a 444, 30-30, 45-70, and similar have no advantage over the ballistics of a 450 or modern muzzleloader, which are completely legal.

Ohio first had a list of allowed cartridges, then they just went to anything straight 35 to 50 cal. The way it should be. Case length restrictions were about the stupidest idea attainable. So, that's why we have them.
The short fat ones must get extra usage

That’s not nice to talk about Twig.
Ooopsie!................

[Linked Image]
Another thread gone to poop......

That [bleep] from Paradise just can't get off the couch

Shame there aren't some moderators or an admin around here to take out the trash. I remember when this used to be a nice forum to frequent, now most every thread I go into has been hijacked by these morons.
You Clueless Fhuqks can't even steer water,into a glass. Hint.

Ooopsie!

[Linked Image]

Bless your hearts for trying.................
What does a pic of a pile of loading die boxes have to do with the conversation regarding this new offering from Winchester?? You, sir, need to get a grip. Or at least get your eyes checked- maybe you didn't read the header.
Ooopsie!................

[Linked Image]
Well thank God we have you to do the steering for us
Originally Posted by joshf303

Add Iowa to the list.
FWIW Indiana does have a PCR spec for deer hunting, but it doesn't have a straight wall case mandate.
1.8" max case length.
Ran a .35 rem trimmed to spec a couple of yrs.
Since I’m already vested in 357 max loading for some special purpose hunting uses, and have been mulling a 357AR, anyway, it seems like good news to me. I’ve got 6.8s and plenty of other stuff, but for thick, shorter range, suppressed, and/or night stuff, the 35 is far better to me than the 300 BO.....for bullets and efficiency on power/loads. It’d seem that Semi auto and magazines do throw a couple of hurdles into loading for that case design, vs my typical approach.
Backstory here on our .358 Macho Group Build... https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/13237971/1

Only posting the link, because inside it are other links... and those are where we started (i.e. Moleman on Graybeards)
As for the bot pretending to be a weaselfuck... this are the goobers you challenge to a pink slip shoot off... or ANYTHING... and they NEVER EVER show-up...

The world is full of keyboard pu$$ies... nothing can be done... they always hide.
As for the bot pretending to be a weaselfuck... this are the goobers you challenge to a pink slip shoot off... or ANYTHING... and they NEVER EVER show-up...

The world is full of keyboard pu$$ies... nothing can be done... they always hide.

You'll wanna set the crack pipe down again,your keyboard is slurring...with your racing Estrogen Levels.

Hint.................

I'd love to see you challenge Stick to a shoot off. Be sure to watch his You Tube videos first. Especially the proper barrel break in one so you're absolutely sure you really want a piece of him
Article on the new 350 legend:

https://www.outdoorhub.com/news/2019/01/21/shot-2019-winchester-new-350-legend/
Fug Stick has videos?! LOL! I GOTTA see one!
It's cold, I'm bored. I need a laugh!
i'm as at ease in sandbagging,as you are in talking out your ass. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Are your videos in English or Gibberish?
You remain at the mercy of your "means","abilities" and "comprehension"...which is the most slippery of slopes. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You were doing "GREAT" on the Montana 223 stuff,with your Imagination and Pretend. Hint.

LAUGHING!

Bless your heart...................
Originally Posted by Tyrone

Under the name Bushelor.

Under the name Bushelor.

You gals are a train wreck. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!..............

Under the name Bushelor.

You gals are a train wreck. Congratulations?!?

LAUGHING!..............

Stick, what do you think of Asian dating sites? Are they worth your time?
I think I enjoy your Imagination and Pretend as much as you do...if only because you MUST use it. Hint. Congratulations?!?

His girlfriend is in one shooting 900 yards...
Ooospie!.................

[Linked Image]
As copied from 16mm film.

BBD.

Before brain damage
Oooopsie!...............

[Linked Image]
Winchester hasn’t done much since the M94!
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
Winchester hasn’t done much since the M94!

You've missed a lot apparently.
They revealed their factory loads:

145 gr USA FMJ, 2350 fps, 1778 ft lbs, BC approx 0.182
150 gr Deer Season XP, 2325 fps, 1800 ft lbs, BC approx 0.222
160 gr Power Max Bonded, 2225 fps, 1759 ft lbs, BC approx 0.202
180 gr Super X, 2100 fps, 1762 ft lbs, BC approx 0.220
265 gr Super Suppressed, 1060 fps, 661 ft lbs, BC approx 0.326
Thus blows the fallacy of "fastest straight cartridge"

What a crock. Friggin 45-70 beats that
She's a might tougher to get in a Krunchenticker.

Hint................
It'll make an interesting coyote cartridge.
So, everyone says,
The 35 Remington sucks. Too slow.
US factory 8mm sucks. About like the 35.

Now, we have something that looks a lot like the 35,

with slightly better bc's. Yawn!

This might be be interesting if I was limited by law to straight cartridges.
I ain't.
Those are pretty mild vs what I’m used to seeing from a 16” bbl with max cases. 180s to 2300 should be doable.....not to mention the 150s are way slow.

Edit: why does everyone want to compare an AR-specific chambering to stuff you can’t get in an AR? It seems it mudholes a blackout and will probably catch the 45s at 100.....or prove it’s worse.
DealinSuck,

The 35 Rem don't roll in a Krunchenticker. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now you know.

Bless your heart.....................
Neither does this 350 Unlengendary.

They are offering it in the XPR bolt action.
Lapua makes ammo,but don't craft rifle.

Hint.

Your Drooling DUMB Fhuqktitude never disappoints. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

No schitt.

Winchester makes ammo and bolt action rifles, and that is what this currently chambered in.

I HOPE you are fhuqking STUPID enough to "believe",it won't be chambered in Krunchentickers. Mainly because you already are amongst tHE DUmbest Of Fhuqks,but that notion would putcha' just a bit higher on the pedestal. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You CLUELESS Fhuqks never disappoint,when you are doing your best.

Hint.

Bless your heart...................
DealinSuck,

The 35 Rem don't roll in a Krunchenticker. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now you know.

Bless your heart.....................

Easy to figure that out.
The resident alcoholic did.

The point was these ballistics have been disparaged for decades.
But they are now great?

For an AR? Yep. But numbers matter,
Bullets are everything.
And this is a 35 Rem.

Hint. grin
DealinSuck,

That you are unable to grasp performance/platform ratios,is solely on you and your "means","abilities" and "comprehension". Staying 223 Parent and the Krunchenticker option,opens doors that have as of yet to be opened. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I very much enjoy,that STUPIDITY is no "act" for you.

Bless your heart,for doing your best.

Hint.................
Who gives a flying gnat's ass what it may or may not be chambered in at some point.

They didn't introduce it as such.
Sweetheart,

It's already in AR's and has been for sometime. The Factory is just catching up. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!...............
Show an AR picture with that barrel stamp then, smartass.

Same as blah blah blah don't mean jack
DUMB Fhuqk...it will only come as a "surprise" to you,that Facts are NOT predicated upon how amazingly fhuqking little you "know". Hint. Congratulations?!?

More than a few Makers have stamped different Monikers,for the same chambering.

Bless your heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!...............
Geeze guys, y’all sound like a flock of Dems attacking Trump. New cartridges are introduced to sell guns, period - who doesn’t understand this basic fact? Certain states require straight-walled cases of a certain length to be legal, lots of handloaders have shortened .35 Remington brass to meet the regs, but non-handloaders are left out in the cold. This cartridge meets their needs, and introduces more bullets in .35 caliber for handloaders. If y’all spent more time thinking instead of arguing and being pig-headed this would be a much more interesting thread.....as it is it sounds more like the comments section on the CNN website.

There's nothing "subjective"...which is/was the point and the only fhuqking reason it's so funny.

Hint!................
So any wildcat 35 on 223 is the exact same.

That's good to know.

In the land of fairies, unicorns, and fantasy
Nobody shoots Winchester 5.56 or 223 fodder in an AR either,because Winchester doesn't build that platform. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

LAUGHING!................
Several, but Ohio has the best rule. Any straight case 35 to 50 cal. Michigan and Indiana wrote some half assed cartridge length rule in it too. Thats why the 450 Bushmaster caught on. And Iowa just changed their regulations as well to allow some straight case rifles in shotgun zone

Correction: Ohio's rule :
Straight-walled cartridge rifles in the following calibers: All straight-walled cartridge calibers from a minimum of .357 to a maximum of .50. Shotguns and straight-walled cartridge rifles can be loaded with no more than three shells in the chamber and magazine combined.
(That's why I built my AR-15 in. 450bushmaster. )
I got to shoot Winchester's XPR chambered in .350 Legend at Industry Day today. I don't think I have a need for one but it was fun to shoot, felt recoil was minimal and I was impressed by how smoothly the rounds chambered and extracted. Function was flawless so well done to Winchester on that regardless of whether or not the cartridge becomes popular.
I suppose that with the dearth of good affordable lever guns, it makes some sense for those who have a need or use for that level of performance and aren't allergic to ARs. At least if it fails there's plenty of brass from Starline. Hopefully those who don't handload have learned to stock up so they won't be on here pissing and moaning about being abandoned by Winchester if it disappears.

I looked a bit yesterday, but didn't find any specs, even on the Winchester Ammunition site.
Who gives a flying gnat's ass what it may or may not be chambered in at some point.

Stick's right. You really are showing your a$$ on this thread.
It seems to me this cartridge is destined for an AR. They are using weak pressure specs, obviously, in deference to the AR platform. That case, at 65k PSI, will deliver better performance than that. They're sticking to 223 Win pressures. It's going in a factory AR.
Originally Posted by Goosey
They revealed their factory loads:

145 gr USA FMJ, 2350 fps, 1778 ft lbs, BC approx 0.182
150 gr Deer Season XP, 2325 fps, 1800 ft lbs, BC approx 0.222
160 gr Power Max Bonded, 2225 fps, 1759 ft lbs, BC approx 0.202
180 gr Super X, 2100 fps, 1762 ft lbs, BC approx 0.220
265 gr Super Suppressed, 1060 fps, 661 ft lbs, BC approx 0.326

That sounds pretty close. That's what Moleman was saying for 180s out of a 16" barrel.

No, it's no speedster in a World of bottlenecks. But it's the best you can do in a straight wall .35" & above and still have low recoil. I think the recoil chart somebody put up says it all.
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
It seems to me this cartridge is destined for an AR. They are using weak pressure specs, obviously, in deference to the AR platform. That case, at 65k PSI, will deliver better performance than that. They're sticking to 223 Win pressures. It's going in a factory AR.

KchuntShoot,

Your "revelation",comes as a "surprise",only to you. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Wow +P+!

Bless your heart.

So can I get a remington 7600 in .223 rebored to this?

-Jake
https://youtu.be/NflWmz4w3iA
.355 bullet (9mm)
Will it be legal in Ohio??
Michigan is min. .35 cal with a min 1.16” and max 1.8” case length.
Winchester website is showing it as .357. in the video he definitely stated .355 which would NOT be Ohio legal currently. If .357, good to go

[Linked Image]

-Jake
Nosler woulda fhuqked it up...Winchester didn't.

Hint................
From a very good source reamer specs. Throat .357 bore .355,
your not gonna shove a .358 bullet down it.
Everyone just ASSumed it was a 358. Lol

350 PPC

Pathetic Piece of Crap

Or

350 Tacticool, and the black gun folk will flock in droves

Not just this thread (although these are down right embarrassing), you should read his posts on local Michigan sportsman. Trust me not all Michiganders are like him.

It's obvious he doesn't like this new round from Winchester. I do. It's going to work great for me in our zone 3 deer woods.
Originally Posted by 2500HD

Poor Ohio....

-Jake
Originally Posted by cooperfan

Not just this thread (although these are down right embarrassing), you should read his posts on local Michigan sportsman. Trust me not all Michiganders are like him.

It's obvious he doesn't like this new round from Winchester. I do. It's going to work great for me in our zone 3 deer woods.

She's pissed she can't afford the ammo,or the platform.

Bless her heart..............
Originally Posted by 2500HD

Winchesters press release says it uses .357 bullets and when you look at the Winchester loads for the cartridges there are several bullets that look much more like .357 bullets than they do .355 9mm bullets.

I looked SAAMI, hasn't put up the drawings yet.

As long as the chamber doesn't preclude, if the bore is set up for .357 it will likely shoot .358's. Its a pretty common practice to shoot .358 bullets through 357max contender barrels. I have shot a bunch of Hornday 358 SSP and 200ftx bullets out of my .357 barreled TC carbine with good accuracy and no signs of excessive pressures.

On an interesting note one of Winchesters loads is a 150g plastic tipped bullet, I love get those as a component.

edited to add, The ammo boxes say the bullets are .357

That's better news. Wonder why the rep didn't correct the guy in the testing video, when he was saying it was .355"

You should check out the forum where I say this is going to be the greatest cartridge since 1900.

If you like it, buy it and use it.

If others don't like it, that is their opinion.

Just try to avoid being the thought police.
Maybe Winchester should offer this....
[Linked Image]

Just kidding,I know it'll never happen. laugh
Nosler woulda fhuqked it up...Winchester didn't.

Hint................
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

You should check out the forum where I say this is going to be the greatest cartridge since 1900.

If you like it, buy it and use it.

If others don't like it, that is their opinion.

Just try to avoid being the thought police.

Lol

Yeah I seen it

Flip flopper
HAHAHA...……..

you fell for that one easy enough
CMMG announces an AR in 350 Legend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAMlRRwtEAo
What were the "odds"?!?

Hint.

Laughing!.............
Originally Posted by weagle
CMMG announces an AR in 350 Legend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAMlRRwtEAo

That was quick.
REALLY caught me off guard too!

Shaking my head. Hint.

LAUGHING!................
I might be and ignorant, but that does not look like a 223 cast me ?
I could get interested in this..
Originally Posted by tj3006
I might be and ignorant, but that does not look like a 223 cast me ?

You called it. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

LAUGHING!..............
Ignorant can be innocent.

Arrogant is a choice.

Hint
Facts are facts...if only to your chagrin,you poor poor CLUELESS Kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You'd do well to simply shut the fhuqk up,take notes and apply same. Not that it ain't funnier than fhuqk,that you are too STUPID to "do" "that" "much". Hint.

Bless your heart for TRYING so hard.

LAUGHING!...............
Ever tried to break in a pickup by driving it in the river? Heard it does wonders for the fuel efficiency.

Bless your heart for TRYING soooooooo hard...while being forced to use you as a "barometer". Hint. Congratulations?!?

You go girl and be SURE to unleash even more of your fhuqking STUPIDITY.

Hint.

Laughing!.............
Load the SOB to 60k and watch the black plastic fly.

Lol.
Neither does this 350 Unlengendary.

They are offering it in the XPR bolt action.

Bless your heart for TRYING. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Laughing!..............

Bless your heart for TRYING soooooooo hard...while being forced to use you as a "barometer". Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!.............
[Linked Image]
Ooooopsie!..............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ooooopsie!...............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Oooooooopsie!............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Ooooooopsie!.............

[Linked Image]
Wonder where barrels will show up first. CMMG did do 224 Valkyrie barrel early on. I expect they will be one.
KenBitchigan would know.

Then again...

LAUGHING!..............
First one was a bolt action, dumbnuts.

Load it up to 60k in a shuckinpuker and watch the plastic fly
First one was a bolt action, dumbnuts.

Load it up to 60k in a shuckinpuker and watch the plastic fly

Hint.

Laughing!.............
Given the recent history (at least for me as I stumble through the seventh decade of existence) of Winchester producing rifles for its never quite made it cartridges, such as the .348 Win; .225 Win; .264 Win Mag; .284 Win; .375 Win; the .307 Win and .356 Win; among others, how long will it be before these rifles are faced with no ammo? First comes seasonally produced ammo and brass, then they are discontinued, leaving the handloader to cobble cases together if the parent case is still available, or some specialty manufacturer picks it up? Starline recently began producing .357 Maximum brass, so I picked up a lifetime supply. They also produce .348 Winchester brass, but a box of 250 costs more than my first two used cars; good thing I went on a binge when Winchester produced a rare lot. Now that new Legend case is based on the .223 Remington, so in a lever action one can not shoot the shorter .357 Maximum or .357 Magnum. I think I'll pass, besides there's no more room in my safes,
Sweetheartr,

More than a few folks build complete AR's and barrels are easily swapped. Receivers are $40. Hint.

You from Michigan too? Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Laughing!..............
Sticky has a one short track mind on this. If it doesn't apply to a brassenpuker, he just can't fathom it.

Cause an AR just makes you appear to be something.

Or for some, it takes 30 rounds to do what can be done with 1 or 2

Hint.

Laughing!.............

Poor poor(literally) KenBitchigan...perpetually mired in her STUPIDITY,while being forced to suffer her "means","abilities" and "comprehension" to boot. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Hint.

Laughing!..............

Hint................

Just saying.

Re-hint.

LAUGHING!.............

Personally -

- It would have been good for them to make a small shoulder on it like the 458 SOCOM has - IMHO you get better headspace with that vs. a straight wall like the 450.

I did stop by the winchester booth during SHOT - it would have been nice if you could have held one of them.. they were under glass so to speak.
Originally Posted by Spotshooter

Personally -

- It would have been good for them to make a small shoulder on it like the 458 SOCOM has - IMHO you get better headspace with that vs. a straight wall like the 450.

I did stop by the winchester booth during SHOT - it would have been nice if you could have held one of them.. they were under glass so to speak.

Staying 223 Parent was/is THE key.

Hint...............
I’m going to get an AR with a pencil barrel and a carry handle on it, keep it in my truck, and shoot the schit out of stuff out to two hundred yards.

Pass the 2 MOA dot and hold the fluff.

Hint..................
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I’m going to get an AR with a pencil barrel and a carry handle on it, keep it in my truck, and shoot the schit out of stuff out to two hundred yards.

Hint...................

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Originally Posted by JoeBob

Hint...................

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

No can do for me...astigmatism. It has to be sights or low power scope. Dots all look like clusters of stars.
Illuminatti then.

Hint..............

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Sounds like Randy's in Bad Axe MI will be getting the 1st 1500 Ruger American Rifles for the 350 Legend. Also sounds like Hornady will have ammo out soon

Should be a homerun for us here in Michigan and Ohio.

I'm gonna have a Blaser R93 barrel built by elmer as soon as I can find a Mini bolt head.

I talked to Jes and he's just waiting on a reamer (90 days) to start doing rebores. I already bought a Howa Mini 223 to have re-bored.
The 350 Legend is just what we need - a cartridge essentially designed by a committee of legislators.

At the moment I'm sitting in Iowa visiting my new granddaughter, another place where such nonsense is required.
Sounds like Randy's in Bad Axe MI will be getting the 1st 1500 Ruger American Rifles for the 350 Legend. Also sounds like Hornady will have ammo out soon

Should be a homerun for us here in Michigan and Ohio.

I'm gonna have a Blaser R93 barrel built by elmer as soon as I can find a Mini bolt head.

Any idea on the timeline for the RAR?
Sounds like April
Thank you, Sir.

I’m a patient person.......... smile
That RAR or a howa mini would be perfect!!!
Im with Big Stick on this one: it will be a superb AR round for both < 200 yd hunting for game and the best current approximation of Col. Cooper's Thumper Concept for self-defense and urban combat.

He was big on this again early in GWOT after reports of lackluster performance of 62-gr. 5.56 ball on larger Afghani combatants.

It will be interesting to see the ballistics out of SBR barrels; I know I'm going to put a LW 16-incher together soon as possible and a pistol soon thereafter.
While still seeming to be a good chambering edition, if under-loaded, Winchester seems to insist on screwing up a wet dream. From Mike Bellm, 35 cal guru:

“350 legend chamber

Important update info on Winchester's .350 Legend!

The .350 Legend SAAMI Chamber Drawing vs. .357 Maximum dimensions.....

require corrections to my first reports on the .350 Legend.

At the SHOT Show Winchester reported keeping the .223 Rem. rim diameter for .223 Rem. bolt faces but increasing the case head diameter. It was not until the above SAAMI drawing was published that I saw the head was not increased the .003 or .004" to equal the slightly larger .357 Rem. Maximum head size, .378" average, but instead made the .350 Legend head diameter .390", the same size as 9mm Luger.

Assuming Winchester had copied what I had been doing with various lengths of .223 Rem. cases bumped up to .35 cal, I had said you would be able to shoot .357 Rem. Maximum in the Legend chamber with a rim counterbore added. NOT SO!

You will not be able to shoot .357 Maximum OR necked up .223 Rem. cases in the .350 Legend chamber! BUT......357 Rem. Maximum chambers CAN readily be rechambered to .350 Legend since the Legend chamber is larger in all dimensions.”

No using 223/5.56 brass. It’s not a lengthened 357AR/rimless Max case. They’re also loading way under power vs 357 max and 357AR....even though there’s more case.
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
While still seeming to be a good chambering edition, if under-loaded, Winchester seems to insist on screwing up a wet dream. From Mike Bellm, 35 cal guru:
No using 223/5.56 brass. It’s not a lengthened 357AR/rimless Max case. They’re also loading way under power vs 357 max and 357AR....even though there’s more case.

There it is! .30 RAR all over again!
OMG!
Check out the faq page on Winchesters site:

Can't use standard 223 mags
Can't form brass from 223 or 5.56.

Other than that, it's great for what it is.

Those 2 facts should destroy the big AR sales potential
Check out the faq page on Winchesters site:

Can't use standard 223 mags
Can't form brass from 223 or 5.56.

Other than that, it's great for what it is.

Those 2 facts should destroy the big AR sales potential

Maybe, but I would think the big market in states with the straight-wall restrictions would be bolts and levers. No such restrictions in CO where I live and no interest in an AR in 350L as I can use my AR .308W - not that I would ever want to unless I go hunt pigs somewhere.

Seems like it might make a good defensive cartridge in an AR, though, due to low recoil.
This looks interesting at least if you live in the states that require that type of cartridge. At least in an AR for defensive purposes a .357 max type cartridge would be impressive shooting hornady xtp bullets.

What may happen in these states is after something like this shows up, and hunting with cartridges with ballistics similar to this is deemed safe enough, they then add some other cartridges to the mix, specifically approving the traditional woods lever action cartridges. 30-30, 35 Rem, 38-55 ect... then where does that leave the 350 legend?

That being said I'll still buy one anyway, that is what rifle loonies do. Probably cheaper to do a XPR, or if it shows up a RAR, than a custom encore MGM .357 max barrel.
© 24hourcampfire