Home
Posted By: HOBO Mod 70 Stock Help - 03/02/19
I just bought a Mod 70 in 223 wssm and I’m trying to figure out stock options. Bell and Carlson said they don’t make one because mine has a blind magazine. Has anyone bought a good replacement stock for this particular rifle? Would it be possible to convert mine over to one with a floor plate? Sorry for my ignorance. I just want to put my rifle in a good stock. Thanks for any help with this.
Posted By: Jackalope Re: Mod 70 Stock Help - 03/09/19
I would go this route personally.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/page/mgwi/prod/62212-01

A McMillan for $200 is a steal. You’ll need one piece bottom metal and a taller magazine box to finish it off.
Posted By: Gasman Re: Mod 70 Stock Help - 03/10/19
Different length action, no? - that stock is for a SA and he needs a Super Short stock.

OP: AFAIK, you'd have to go with a custom stock (like a McMillan or Manners) and buy PT&G's bottom metal for a Super Short. Either stock would likely cost you more than you spent for the rifle, just FYI.
Posted By: Jackalope Re: Mod 70 Stock Help - 03/10/19
You’re right Gasman. I read it as a straight WSM. Good advice.
Posted By: stratton Re: Mod 70 Stock Help - 03/10/19
CDNN sports has a winchester factory stock for the wssm's. But you will need the bottom metal. Also the stock is for the coyote model, so the barrel channel on the stock may not fit your barrel as my coyote has a heavier barrel than most sporters
Posted By: azelkhuntr Re: Mod 70 Stock Help - 03/11/19
You will also need a new mag box and follower, 1 piece bottom metal
© 24hourcampfire