Home
Anyone have one of these or use one?

I like the idea of the package- throw the stock away, slap on an Edge or similar, Timney trigger and cross my fingers it shoots ok....

How do these handle? Balance? Accuracy? Feeding?

Let me hear it...

Thanks,

MK
Had one in .308

Hated everything about it.
Couldn’t imagine it in 300 wsm.
I’d look towards the 700 myself.
Never had a 300 WSM in anything but it would seem a M7 being a light rifle it would buck some. I like both of mine especially the 7-08.
I had one in 7 SAUM
Much prefer the one I have now in 7-08.
That basically tells me all I need to know.
I've got a Model Seven SS in 7 SAUM. It's quite possibly the best rifle I've ever had. It's a perfect package and in a great cartridge.

If the 300 WSM is half as good as mine, it would be great rifle.

I have one in 300 SAUM and so does the wife. I put mine in a B&C stock and have a great rifle. One of if not my favorite. We have shot a bunch of deer and a few elk with them.
I have a model 7 300 wsm Xcr. Camo stainless fluted barrel. Gun flat out kills.
Got a friend has one in a 270 wsm shot it before he had it accurized break bedded trigger now shooting well too short for me rather have regular 700
I had one in 300 SAUM, it shot around 3/4” groups
I like mine in 308, it will out shoot my 700s. I didn’t hate it with the factory stock but it was a little heavier than what I wanted. Just last night I received an aftermarket Banser stock from a member on here. It brought the weight of rifle and scope to under 6 1/2lbs, rifle weight alone is about 5 3/4lbs now. For what I do, it might be the perfect gun now.

That being said, I wouldn’t want one in a short mag.
Between my father and I, we’ve had five magnum M7 rifles with the mag contour barrel. All have shot well enough. Three 7mm SAUMs, a .300SAUM, and a .350RM. Not sure I’d want a 20” WSM, due to blast.
Originally Posted by JPro
Between my father and I, we’ve had five magnum M7 rifles with the mag contour barrel. All have shot well enough. Three 7mm SAUMs, a .300SAUM, and a .350RM. Not sure I’d want a 20” WSM, due to blast.

That plus IMHO at least with every Remington I have used or bought in a WSM package they do not feed smoothly. The polar opposite of a Vanguard, Sako, Browning Abolt or Tikka which I have tried in the WSM . The Sako being the smoothest of the bunch
© 24hourcampfire