Home
Posted By: ndhunterman Legendary Arms Works - 12/04/19
Morning Fellas,
Been debating on one of these rifles in 7mm rem mag.
Any experience around the fire with them in the newer professional II model or earlier professional version?

Thanks
Posted By: boliep Re: Legendary Arms Works - 12/04/19

I had an early model professional in 30-06. I liked the rifle a lot and the reliability was top notch.
Fit and finish were great too.
I have a 280AI and a 7mag. Both very accurate.
Posted By: Pappy348 Re: Legendary Arms Works - 12/04/19
Only seen them in pictures, but that Ed Brown action looks really impressive.
Posted By: Sako76 Re: Legendary Arms Works - 12/04/19
I own 4, 280AI, 300 WM, 308 and a 6.5 Creedmoor. I've only shot the 280AI, it shoots bugholes with the Hornady 162 ELD-X and 140 Nosler Accubond.
Posted By: ccrifles Re: Legendary Arms Works - 12/04/19
If that's one and the same company that bought out Mark Bansner of High Tech, I'd treed carefully on ordering a rifle from them. I emailed them a couple months ago to see if they still made the Remington Model 7 stock from the same molds that Bansner used. Didn't get an answer right away. Contacted Mark Bansner who, started up again, who stated he didn't have new molds for the model 7 and no plans in the near future. He did tell me they had the old molds but they didn't seem to be doing anything. At current he was only doing the 700. I later got a phone call from Greg Krick of Krick Composites. He said my information had been passed on to him by Legendary Arms, and that he was making their stock and in fact was in the process of taking over part of the company. I was a little leery of ordering from him, but he convinced me he would make the stocks within two weeks for me. I agreed, as that mold has been my favorite stock design for a model 7. Well he made them in two weeks, I paid him, and got exactly that model I wanted, the same as Mark's old High Tech stock. Greg didn't go into a whole lot of detail about what's going on with the company, but he seems like a good guy. Maybe call and talk to him. 717-471-1292
Posted By: CApighunter Re: Legendary Arms Works - 12/05/19
I have a first generation professional in 300 win mag I took in a trade, topped it with a 3-10 SHV and it’s a great bombproof set up. Shoots under an inch with factory 180 trophy copper. Had a custom 280ai built on a 704 clone and it’s a great action as well. If anyone needs 30mm Talley rings for one I have a set, I believe medium height.
Posted By: ndhunterman Re: Legendary Arms Works - 12/09/19
What are you guys paying for these rifles?
Just passed on a professional in 300 win with 6 boxes of ammo and dies, like new. $1275.00
Kinda kicking myself..
Posted By: WhelenAway Re: Legendary Arms Works - 12/09/19
You should be.
Posted By: ndhunterman Re: Legendary Arms Works - 12/09/19
Yeah...if not for Christmas and the 3 minions...still though going to be hard to top that deal.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Legendary Arms Works - 12/09/19
It was a pretty good deal.
But you never know; other bidder might have taken it quite a bit higher.
Posted By: CApighunter Re: Legendary Arms Works - 12/09/19
I traded a custom built savage for mine, probably about $1k in value. Well worth it to me.
Posted By: ndhunterman Re: Legendary Arms Works - 01/01/20
Found a LAW professional locally for sale. 300 win mag.
Guys claims its a shooter, buuut so does everyone.

Can anyone tell me if LAW is actually still in business and if they would still honor any warranty work if needed?
Posted By: ndhunterman Re: Legendary Arms Works - 01/02/20
Tty
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Legendary Arms Works - 01/02/20
I have a first gen. in .308 Win. everything about this gun is great.
The 704 action looks & works great. But, I've only worked with my rifle.

I'd get another. Not sure I need another rifle.
I didn't just say that, did I ?
Maybe a 280 A.I. would be nice.
Posted By: kaboku68 Re: Legendary Arms Works - 01/02/20
I really like mine in 300 Win Mag with Swarovski Z3 2-10. Its an early one but it shoots well. Its about 3/4 moa with Hornady Precision Hunter.
Have you found them to be finicky at all?
Posted By: wayno945 Re: Legendary Arms Works - 01/02/20
I have a Professional in 7 mag. Recently had the stock crack below the front swivel stud on a Wyoming late season hunt. Greg Crick called me last week to arrange a replacement. Still waiting to hear back. Rifle has been accurate at the range so far, but the stock paint job and durability leave something to be desired. Greg mentioned to me that LAW won't be building completed rifles anymore, just actions.
Huh weird. Whats with all this publicity about Professional II's and being back in business? Company seems to be all over the board...
Thought these were the Banser stocks? How would you say the stock compares to a kimber montana or mcmillan?
Posted By: ndhunterman Re: Legendary Arms Works - 01/03/20
Seems like the general consensus is that theyre worth the gamble.
Posted By: Hammerdown Re: Legendary Arms Works - 01/07/20
Originally Posted by ndhunterman
Have you found them to be finicky at all?

Not mine. .308 Win.
© 24hourcampfire