Home
?
For hunting...nuthin. If you are a long range target shooter, the case design of the CM is better (they say) for the longer heavier high BC bullets than the 260 case. For thumping deer, the 270 is better than both at hunting distances. That’s my opinion from years of shooting deer and pigs. That said, I hunt with a 260 now. Lower recoil than the 270, a lighter rifle, and the 260 is plenty good enough for what I need. The load comparison is: a 120 gr bullet at 2800 in my 260 vs a 130 gr bullet at 3000 in my 270. Close enough.
I have a creed and a 270. Both have their place.
I think it’s just a new fad but I’m also a part of it.
The 270 is well proven but the 6.5 is very easy to shoot
I’m pushing 140s in 270 at 3050
And 130s at 2900 in the 6.5 and it’s easier to connect longer ranges
I’d have to look but I think after 500 yards the 6.5 catches up
No hunting benefit for the 6.5 CM. They are all good.

Match rifle competition? You have match grade bullets available in 6.5, but not in .270.
Wider variety of factory ammo, and more available for the creed. Also rifles are generally twisted properly for high BC bullets, case fits nicely in a short action.
Compared to 270 the 6.5 CM shoots the same bullet weights about 150-200 fps slower at the muzzle. Out to 400 yards or so the 270 still is moving faster and shooting about 1" flatter, but the 6.5 has almost made up the speed difference. The better sectional density of the 6.5 means better penetration with similar weight bullets and does it with about 30% less recoil. And I'd bet the odds are heavily in favor of the 6.5 being more accurate. The 6.5 isn't better, but close enough that no animal will ever know the difference.

The 260 was designed around 120 gr hunting bullets. Most will do well enough with bullets as heavy as 130 gr, but anything heavier may not be stable in barrels designed for shorter bullets. And the longer bullets must be seated so deep to fit in the magazines they take up powder space limiting muzzle velocity. The 6.5 CM was designed with 140-150 gr bullets in mind and shoots them much better.

Purely for hunting purposes there isn't much real difference and on paper at least the 270 is a little better. But the 6.5 gives up very little to the 270 and is the far better option for someone looking for a dual purpose rifle for both hunting and long range target shooting.
If you have one you have the others.
I shot a bunch of deer with the .270 (mostly 140 Bergers @ 2,910fps) and while it remains a sentimental favorite, my .260 slinging 147 ELD's at 2,750 has replaced it.

Just one mans opinion, but I think the .260/6.5 Creed is a dandy short action replacement for a .270 WCF.
Availability of cheap, reliable ammo. Guns built a properly twisted barrel from the factory. Would be all I could think of.
I have fun with the 6.5 Creed mentality but plan on buying one in the next year or so to try out.
Wide variety of very affordable and accurate factory ammo compared to the .260. Wide variety of very affordable and accurate factory rifles. About 2/3 the recoil of the recoil of the .270, yet with very similar effectiveness on big game.

All of which is why the 6.5 Creedmoor is very popular, especially those younger shooters who're buying new rifles.
Originally Posted by Dre

Yes, & I’ve been told it’s 600 but that is AFTER 500. grin

It’s obvious I’m odd man out. I’m now officially 3score & ten y o and
I’m shooting & hunting my 7 RM more than 270 or 6.5 Swede.

Those & other cartridges ARE capable of 400 yd point & shoot BUT...

The 7 RM has a FLATTER trajectory than they AND that makes shot
placement easier.

NO ONE has to agree.......I’m confident & satisfied. smile

Jerry
Originally Posted by jwall

The 7 RM has a FLATTER trajectory than they AND that makes shot
placement easier.

NO ONE has to agree.......I’m confident & satisfied. smile

Jerry

With regard to improving shot placement, I’ll take less recoil over a flatter trajectory in almost every instance. But I like light rifles and dislike brakes ... and haven’t gotten around to a can yet.
A suppressed 6.5 Creedmoor is a beautiful thing.
Compared to the 260 marketing and product support and Ammo availability and choice. Something Remington doesn’t seem to understand.....

Compared to the 270 action length, weight, comparable performance and Ammo availability.

I like the Creed but liked my 260 better because I handloaded. Had my Mod70 270 converted to a 375 H&H!
"Better" is a loaded word. I can make a case (actually Mule Deer's case in an article he wrote) that up to 500 yards a 10" twist .270 actually can beat the 6.5 in drop, wind drift, and certainly energy, with 150 pointy bullets, albeit with more recoil. On my own I can argue it's a better timber rifle for big stuff like moose with 160s at 2800, if I ignore the data from the Swedes on their mini-moose. But for doing a bunch of the stuff shooters like these days, and doing it with ease and with off the shelf bits, the Creed looks pretty good, "Better" actually, and I don't even have one, unless you count the 6mm.

The .260 and the 6.5x47 and Swede etc. can do these things too, if you are willing to futz around with custom rifles and loading your own, but that's not "easy" in my book, nor off the shelf.
I am with jwall!!!!!
The imagination of 6.5 Creedmoor owners is better. In practicality, that's the only difference.
Cheaper ammo, since the manufacturers decided to bless it and not the other two.
I'm pretty sure it a lot has to do with it's so uber cool to say "yeah, I shoot a Creed".

What makes the creed better than a 260 or 270?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!
Joined the 6.5CM crowd a couple weeks ago abut have yet to even mount a scope on it, although I do have a rail in place. (Warne Maxima QD rings are due to arrive in two days.)

Under 600 the 6.5CM won't do much my .257 Roberts with +P ammo won't do, but my Roberts has a 22" sporter weight barrel compared to a heavy 26" barrel for the CM. I handload Daughter's .270 Win with 150g AB to 2912fps. With a .591 B.C. it spanks the 6.5CM at ranges past where she should be shooting and recoil is still under 18 ft-lbs.

That said, I'm looking forward to playing with the 6.5CM. I'll probably replace the factory synthetic stock with a Boyd thumbhole or AT-One laminate. A lightweight sporter this isn't and will never be. But it is an efficient little cartridge that should be great for varmints and targets and antelope and anything else where a long carry is not in the cards.
I used a 270 as my deer rifle for 25 years, and averaged killing a couple of deer a year with it.....from 15 to 450 yards. I do not believe that there is anything that kills a deer any quicker than a 130 grain bullet out of a 270. I've been using a 6.5 CM for several years now, and prefer it because of the short action and the fact that the recoil is milder than that of a 270. Plus, it kills a deer just as dead.
This topic has been beaten to death, to me it’s kinda tiresome and I’m surprised this thread gotten this many replies so far without someone else saying so. Kinda pointless to keep debating this, unless you fellas are just bored. IMO of course..

OP: google it, you’ll find all the reading material you’d ever want on the 6.5 creed. Or don’t.

Originally Posted by Walter_Sobchak

OP: google it, you’ll find all the reading material you’d ever want on the 6.5 creed. Or don’t.

Install your bullschidt filter before you do OP.
The Creedmoor doesn't do anything exceptional well, just a marketing thang. Fast twist anything similar and ditto...same results. Hunting big bull elk at 800 yards is not gonna be the criteria . Most couldn't hit that same elk at 80 yards, when Winded, leg weary, shooting through a tangle with sweat running into your eyes.
Might as well be a scattergun, imo
Originally Posted by tzone
Availability of cheap, reliable ammo. Guns built a properly twisted barrel from the factory. Would be all I could think of.

Bingo
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Wide variety of very affordable and accurate factory ammo compared to the .260. Wide variety of very affordable and accurate factory rifles. About 2/3 the recoil of the recoil of the .270, yet with very similar effectiveness on big game.

All of which is why the 6.5 Creedmoor is very popular, especially those younger shooters who're buying new rifles.

I'm loving mine, but I'm not younger anymore. grin
Originally Posted by Woodhits

Bingo

This is the only benefit... I had both and opted to stick with the 260s... I already had several before the Creedmoor became a thing so that's what I stuck with... I also hand load so factory ammo is a non issue for me...

I shoot only 140 Amaxes in all 4 of my 260s and I've never had an oal issue... they're all bdl style magazine boxes and that also includes a Model 7...
I have all three, but only recently got the .270 in a trade. I like the .260, because I have gobs of .308 brass to make into .260. It shoots all length of bullets well, although, the load is pretty heavily compressed, with the longer bullets. In both of my rifles, all loads are very accurate.

I like the Creed, because it handles the longer bullets better than the .260, but other that that, it is virtually the same. Both kill deer and antelope with authority.

My .270 shoots Hornady 130-grain Whitetail factory ammo into tiny groups, but does it with more recoil-although not enough to matter.

Although I have several long-action rifles, I have gotten to the point that I like the short-action rifles and mild recoil more than the longer ones.

There are plenty of factory ammo offerings in the Creed and the .270, both, so that is a wash, if you are a factory ammo shooter.

If you are shooting real long range (which I don't), then the 6.5 bullets eventually win the race, but for most hunting scenarios, there is no clear winner here. Pick your poison.
6.5 Creedmoor yes its a good caliber/cartridge its accurate, made for people that are recoil shy,but in the real world of hunting its no better than just a old 270 Winchester. there is nothing super magic about a Creedmoor cartridge its really just a Savage 250 - 300 cartridge brass case name basically changed. the only thing that might be magic about the Creedmoor case is the 1st and 2nd Rocky boxing movies when Rocky beat the heck out of Creed for the world boxing championship in the movies.
If I were getting a Creed, I would opt for the 6mm I guess. I am a huge 260 fan, it does everything I need it too.
This topic has been beaten to death, to me it’s kinda tiresome and I’m surprised this thread gotten this many replies so far without someone else saying so. Kinda pointless to keep debating this, unless you fellas are just bored. IMO of course..

Boy you can say that again. These discussions are always a good reminder as to who the ignorant/dufuses are, and who are not, actual use vs reading about it, etc. The VAST majority of the shooting/hunting public does not handload.
Better for what ?

It’s shorter = easier to get the right COAL in a factory rifle with longer bullets you want to seat out further.
This also means it slower.

The rifles chambers size speciifications are tighter to the max brass size specifications than the chamber spec’s for reamers are tighter than legacy hunting rounds, so the factory rifles have a chance to be more accurate because they are using chamber sizes that are more what you’d see from a benchrest gunsmith making a custom hunting reamer for a customer (my 260 reamer is as tight as the 6.5 Creed reamer tolerances.

Beyond that - NADA...

oh what the name is cool, and someone paid MILLIONS in marketing to make you sound cool.
Meaning - Creedmoor was place / family name in history that was used to name a cartridge that holds some prestige
BUT.... you have to explain it to people because almost no one know where it came from... Good Googly Moogly.

This topic has been beaten to death, to me it’s kinda tiresome and I’m surprised this thread gotten this many replies so far without someone else saying so. Kinda pointless to keep debating this, unless you fellas are just bored. IMO of course.

The same can be said for 99% of the threads on here.

Why even have the forum if we are going to run around with this mindset?
Originally Posted by pete53
6.5 Creedmoor yes its a good caliber.

For the 1000th time, it's a cartridge, not a "caliber."
Originally Posted by Brad

Only the 1000th?

What about caliper?
the only thing that might be magic about the Creedmoor case is the 1st and 2nd Rocky boxing movies when Rocky beat the heck out of Creed for the world boxing championship in the movies.

It's like you're dreaming about Gorgonzola when it's clearly Brie time.
Most people shoot AT deer when they get beyond 400 yards. Most people wouldn’t know 600 yards if it bit them on the ass. It’s all about what you like and what fits ya. Shoot what ya like and enjoy. There is really very little difference between most average calibers. My opinion only. Ed k
Answer the question, or ignore the question. That’s my ignorant $.02
Originally Posted by Dre

FWIW, I have a short-action .270- it's called the .270 WSM. Just for grins, I have attached a comparison of ballistic data for my .270 WSM, with a 130 gr. Nosler E-Tip at 3300 fps MV, and a 6.5 Creedmoor, shooting a 130 gr. Nosler Accubond at 2900 fps., zeroed at 300 yards.
As you can see, in spite of the .264 bullet having a slightly better BC, my .270 bests the 6.5, with identical bullet weights, in drop, wind deflection, energy, and velocity, all the way out to 600 yards, a range at which very few have any business shooting at big game- and does so with moderate recoil and sub-MOA accuracy. Sighted in 2.6" high at 100 yards, the .270 is dead on at 300, and only 7.9" low at 400. The MPBR ranges were calculated using a 3" radius target. The Creedmoor, also zeroed at 300, is over 10" low at 400. Ballistics don't kill game, but flatter trajectory sure helps to take some of the guesswork out of longer range targets without the need for turrets, holdover, etc.
The gun manufacturers and gunwriters have done a masterful job of marketing their 'new' product, and I think that's good for our shooting sports overall. Used for what it was intended for, it is probably a wonderful choice. For hunting larger big game,I believe there are a lot of better choices available.
It's no longer 'cool' to be shooting with a .270 WSM, but I won't be giving this one up anytime soon!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Just got in from the woods.

I see Cleopatra is still alive and well.
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

Only the 1000th?

What about caliper?

Guys, why waste your time ?

No static, No ignorance, No stupidity. Life is good.

Jerry

"What makes the creed better than a 260 or 270"

Without debating qualities, my answer would be "marketing".

Guys, why waste your time ?

True. Thank you.
To be something of a smart aleck......yawn....
2015 called, it wants its thread topic back.
Originally Posted by SKane
the only thing that might be magic about the Creedmoor case is the 1st and 2nd Rocky boxing movies when Rocky beat the heck out of Creed for the world boxing championship in the movies.

Seven chipmunks twirling on a branch eating lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch.

Seven is the magic number here - nobody's talking about 6!

David
Really nothing versus the 260 IMO

Versus the 270, being able to have a lighter short action rifle in 6.5 CM.
Plus more reloading bullets with high BC’s.
Otherwise fairly equal
It gets new shooters into the sport and sells new rifles which keep the firearm and ammunition companies in business. Both are good things for the future of hunting and firearms ownership.
Went to Sportsman's Warehouse today...

Factory ammo:

270 Win: 27 SKU's
260 Rem: 4 SKU's
6.5 CM: 27 SKU's
Serious, no joke.

I got an email today: Locked & Loaded.com

Tikka T3X Lite SS 6.5 Creed , 24.3" bll

$ 499.99

Great Buy, Great Rifle - Not Interested in Cartridge

There It Is !!

Jerry
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter

I handload Daughter's .270 Win with 150g AB to 2912fps. With a .591 B.C. it spanks the 6.5CM at ranges past where she should be shooting and recoil is still under 18 ft-lbs.

Where did you find the BC number on the 150 NAB? Last I looked Nosler was still saying "TBD".

Of course, I figure TBD can be made into any BC I want to claim.......... grin

Edited to add: I see, you're talking about the LRAB...........
No need to get dramatic on this stuff. Pick the cartridge best suited for your hunting style and the intended game. Many times the rifle style that is available that helps make the decision - such as "all up" weight, length, action style, personal ergo's, price point and more. There is plenty of overlap in this range of caliber debate - from .264 - .308. So, .264 for moose and elk? Yes. 300 Win. Mag. for moose and elk? Yes - if you can shoot it properly.

If you can't stand some cartridge - fine, don't buy it. Many of these variations in performance are pretty minimal when you examine them. It still comes down to putting a properly constructed bullet in the right place.
It is entirely possible that this post will qualify my for Rifle Looney status, but I have to confess that I own a pair of Christensen Arms Ridgeline rifles. They are chambered for the 6.5 Creedmoor and the 270 Winchester, respectively. I bought them to use on deer and pigs, and I bought them to use with a suppressor. I realize that the performance envelope is similar, but my son and only heir, does not handload. Both these cartridges are readily available as factory offerings. The 270 is valid and legal in my home state for use on game including Elk and Bear. Ammo is available at walmart.
Short answer...
Very efficient powder column and can seat longer higher BC bullets.
Originally Posted by sbhooper
Although I have several long-action rifles, I have gotten to the point that I like the short-action rifles and mild recoil more than the longer ones.

I have two Kimber MT's, one is a 243 the other a 270.

As far as overall handling I prefer the 243.

If the 243 and 270 spawned it would be called a 6.5 Creedmoor.
Originally Posted by Cinch
Originally Posted by Woodhits

Bingo

This is the only benefit... I had both and opted to stick with the 260s... I already had several before the Creedmoor became a thing so that's what I stuck with... I also hand load so factory ammo is a non issue for me...

I shoot only 140 Amaxes in all 4 of my 260s and I've never had an oal issue... they're all bdl style magazine boxes and that also includes a Model 7...

I would agree. In your situation there would be no advantage over your rifle.
Serious, no joke.

I got an email today: Locked & Loaded.com

Tikka T3X Lite SS 6.5 Creed , 24.3" bll

$ 499.99

Great Buy, Great Rifle - Not Interested in Cartridge

There It Is !!

Jerry

Hey, jwall, you ever buy from them before? I though about jumping on that deal 'til I read their yelp reviews.
No skeen. Just got an email. Don't know anything about them.

It's always good to check things out before we jump.

Jerry
$499 for a stainless tikka...who cares what its chambered in.

I haven’t seen a stainless T3 for that price in YEARS.
Originally Posted by Canazes9

Seven chipmunks twirling on a branch eating lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch.

David

Let’s split the difference at 6.5. laugh
Well, I'm sure the 6.5 is a good cartridge. Lots of choices for hand loading and lots of factory ammo choices. I dont do long range hunting nor do I shoot long range competition, so I really dont know much about either. I shoot a .270 and it does the job for me. Once in a while I'll shoot in matches with friends and I do ok. And, I've rang steel at 1000 yds with it, so I'll just stay with it.

With this type of attitude, I'll probably never know what I'm missing.
Originally Posted by Canazes9

David

Let’s split the difference at 6.5. laugh

Great movie!
Originally Posted by SamOlson

If the 243 and 270 spawned it would be called a 6.5 Creedmoor.

or 6.5 Gaywhore.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

Got a nephew started deer hunting this year, using a borrowed rifle. His (non-hunting) grand father wanted to buy him a rifle for Christmas. Lined them up with a Savage chambered 6.5CM at the LGS. I am NOT a 6.5CM fan boy. However, as MD says above, it connects a number of dots for the new shooter/hunter with regard to recoil, accuracy, on game performance, and ammo availability.
Originally Posted by Bighorn
Originally Posted by Dre

FWIW, I have a short-action .270- it's called the .270 WSM. Just for grins, I have attached a comparison of ballistic data for my .270 WSM, with a 130 gr. Nosler E-Tip at 3300 fps MV, and a 6.5 Creedmoor, shooting a 130 gr. Nosler Accubond at 2900 fps., zeroed at 300 yards.
As you can see, in spite of the .264 bullet having a slightly better BC, my .270 bests the 6.5, with identical bullet weights, in drop, wind deflection, energy, and velocity, all the way out to 600 yards, a range at which very few have any business shooting at big game- and does so with moderate recoil and sub-MOA accuracy. Sighted in 2.6" high at 100 yards, the .270 is dead on at 300, and only 7.9" low at 400. The MPBR ranges were calculated using a 3" radius target. The Creedmoor, also zeroed at 300, is over 10" low at 400. Ballistics don't kill game, but flatter trajectory sure helps to take some of the guesswork out of longer range targets without the need for turrets, holdover, etc.
The gun manufacturers and gunwriters have done a masterful job of marketing their 'new' product, and I think that's good for our shooting sports overall. Used for what it was intended for, it is probably a wonderful choice. For hunting larger big game,I believe there are a lot of better choices available.
It's no longer 'cool' to be shooting with a .270 WSM, but I won't be giving this one up anytime soon!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I LOVE my Winchester 70 Featherweight 270 WSM! It loves Nolser 140 Accubonds and RL-19 (Fed 215)
Not one fuggging thing
^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^
Guys I have been reading the sporting press since 1962, there is nothing that has been written about the 6.5 that approaches the the .270 hype. And in the 50's and 60's very few folks had the equipment to verify or disprove velocity claims. Also no internet and no daily posting of bragging group pictures. We live in a truly wonderful time for rifle shooters and I for one am enjoying it!
Pavementends
Isn’t this the same 30-06 vs. 270 “argument”’ from the 30’s?
Slick marketing hype....
Originally Posted by 16bore
Isn’t this the same 30-06 vs. 270 “argument”’ from the 30’s?

I would not know......... I wasn't there ! whistle whistle
laugh laugh

Jerry
"What makes the creed better than a 260 or 270"

Nothing, but it's really no worse either. Anything in the middle spectrum of cartridges is going to perform essentially the same on medium size big game.
Ignorance makes all bullets, calibers, chamberings, and rifles equal.

In reality, the 6.5 Creed does have some advantages over the .260 and .270, like proper twist rate and throating in factory rifles for the most ballistically efficient bullets, enough magazine length to seat those bullets out of the powder column, and a wide variety of such bullets available both for handloading and in high-quality factory ammo. Those advantages aren’t accessible or useful to all hunters, but they exist none-the-less and are very useful to shooters who also hunt.
In a T3 I'd ask what makes a 6.5CM better than a 6.5x55? Full length action for both (whether you like it or not) , no COL constraints for either, LAPUA brass for both. Possible only difference is lower pressure for the old stager but more trimming?
For 99.5% of hunters who shoot under 200 yards (which is the overwhelming majority of hunting shots).......nothing. No difference.
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

In reality, the 6.5 Creed does have some advantages over the .260 and .270, like proper twist rate and throating in factory rifles for the most ballistically efficient bullets, enough magazine length to seat those bullets out of the powder column, and a wide variety of such bullets available both for handloading and in high-quality factory ammo. Those advantages aren’t accessible or useful to all hunters, but they exist none-the-less and are very useful to shooters who also hunt.

Agreed.
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Not one fuggging thing

This
Originally Posted by sbhooper
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith

Agreed.

For some folks if an advantage doesn't apply to their own situation then it's only hype.
Originally Posted by Higbean
Just one mans opinion, but I think the .260/6.5 Creed is a dandy short action replacement for a .270 WCF.

No argument from me on that but I would say the same about 7mm-08 vs .270 as well.

Tom
Originally Posted by Dre

How long before something isn't a fad? The Creedmoor is twelve years old if I remember right.
The Creedmoor may be 12 years old, but the 270 Win is 96. I'd bet that in 96 years, the 6.5 Creedmoor will be nothing but a distant memory.
I'd take the 270 all day.
Amen to that, moosemike!!! I've been shooting a 270 Win since I started hunting big game in 1975. A lot of other calibers have come and gone since then, but I've never been without a 270. For the past 20 years, I've been shooting my 7X57, but only because it's a little softer recoiling.

Originally Posted by Utahunter
The Creedmoor may be 12 years old...

chances are Creed hasn't even started menstruating ..
The Creedmoor may be 12 years old, but the 270 Win is 96. I'd bet that in 96 years, the 6.5 Creedmoor will be nothing but a distant memory.

I'll bet you neither of us will be alive in 96 years to know or not!

I sure as hell enjoy shooting it now! I could careless if it's gone or not in 96 years. But I am sure you are right and something better will come along with the advancements in our world. Stand still and you get run over!
What makes it better is all the consternation it creates in those who can't handle its stardom.
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
What makes it better is all the consternation it creates in those who can't handle its stardom wannabe.!

There, that closer.

Jerry
Originally Posted by Starman

The Creedmoor may be 12 years old...

laugh

No, but some of its owners have.

Jerry

Jerry

laugh

I'd say you've got that backwards.

It's the critics who are deep in the worst part of their monthly cycle... that's why these idiotic threads are "cyclical" smile

It's the critics who are deep in the worst part of their monthly cycle... that's why these idiotic threads are "cyclical" smile

Au contrare my opponent.

It's NOT the critics who START these "cyclical" threads. !

Jerry

Like this one, right?

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/14376582/1

Laffin'.......I think you may be right.

Like this one, right?

That's FAR from a cyclical thread praising the creed.

Now who is bass akwards ?

Jerry

Like this one, right?

That's FAR from a cyclical thread praising the creed.

Now who is bass akwards ?

Jerry

Good grief.

Go back and r.e.a.d everything vedddy slowly...
Not wasting any more time.............

Jerry
CBHS is rampant.
What makes the 6.5 Creedmoor better is it fits a particular set or requirements better then the others.

What makes the .260 Rem better is it fits a particular set or requirements better then the others.

What makes the .270 Win better is it fits a particular set or requirements better then the others.

It isn't rocket science. Figure out what your needs are and pick the one that fits best. That's how I ended up with a (still unshot) 6.5 CM. In differnet circumstances I could just as easily and just as happily ended up with a .260 or .270.
Nothing. I have a 260 Remington. Be Well, Rustyzipper.

LOL. Noticed the same for some time.

Like this one, right?

That wasn't at all critical of the Creedmoor.
Now , WHO didn’t read it properly !!

My comments were about the ‘creedites’ Or ‘ creedtards ‘

Uh huh ! Uh huh ! I like it.

Jerry
IMHO For hunting game the 6.5 Creedmoor is a step above the .243 Win., about equal to .260, and a step below .270, .308, 30-06 class rounds. All of which kick less than 3" 12 ga. goose or turkey loads.
I like my .260 because it is short action, light recoil and I can instantly turn .243 and 7mm/08 brass into .260 brass. I also like the fact that it fires high sectional density cup and core (cheap) bullets at moderate velocities which yields good performance and deep penetration. I have only recovered one 140gr. conventional bullet from a deer, the others have been pass throughs. The rifle is a youth Model Seven Remington with a 20" barrel. The short length of pull works perfectly with winter hunting wear and the Leupold fixed 2.5 power scope which has a four minute Lee dot. The rifle comes to shoulder instantly and the Lee dot seems to find the target automatically. The Rifle Basix trigger seems to fire the cartridge on it's own the instant the dot is on the game. It is the closest thing I have ever owned to a magic wand. The short overall length and light weight makes it carry like one.

A 6.5 Creedmore is a slightly altered .260 with less body taper, sharper shoulder and shorter overall length. It has a tiny bit less case capacity but a slightly higher SAAMI pressure. It's claim to fame is the fact that it being slightly shorter (with a little longer neck) it will hold longer bullets and still fit in a short action. It has a 8" twist and the .260 came with 8" and also 9" twists, depending on rifle manufacturers.
The Creedmoor is fun to shoot, it won’t do anything better at hunting ranges. It does have a cool name that helps it I think.
© 24hourcampfire