Home
I may have to get a little fussy on the shots I take this year. How about you?

whelennut
Bill Clinton did me a favor when he was president. When he started the ban on magazines and components, I swore I wouldn't be caught short again. I have enough that prairie dogs are in trouble, even if I don't by another component in 5 years...
Yep. Components ain't scarce in my man cave either....
There will be blood...

Travis
Loaded.
Originally Posted by whelennut
I may have to get a little fussy on the shots I take this year. How about you?

whelennut

For my seven dedicated p/dog removal tools...

I have in the area of 5K loaded rds ready...

Enough components to load the brass 4 times again each..

along with a new quick twist 223AI tube.....

I'm ready...actually already wacked a dozen or so close to the house
Not likely..my only problem in this area dogs for some reason are quite scarce compare to the years past...plus some of the best ranches have been gobbled up by out of staters..and now are off limits..Still I sighted in my old .222 and .223.. I am sure we will get a bit of shooting this summer..
Originally Posted by deflave
There will be blood...

Travis

I take that as a verification of a Sako 222 purchase...
I will be trying for triples whenever possible.
whelennut
In my case I was short but I have had decent success finding components that I need at my local gun stores. So long story short there will be blood..... wink
Got 3300 6BR cases ready to prime and load, still have 300 loaded rounds from last year, and enough components to load them once with PD suitable bullets. I guess if nothing else becomes available I can shoot them with benchrest bullets for a few years, got plenty of primers and powder, not enough V-maxs though. But stuff keeps popping up occasionally, who knows.

Shrapnel made a great statement. Won't happen to me either.
In five years when President Hillary signs the gun ban, I will have a four-year supply and will be on this forum thanking Obama for getting me prepared.
I guess my cast lead wadcutters will work in my 35 Whelen if things get tight.
I still have the shelves fairly well stocked from when Obama was elected the first time. Going to go and try to blast some rodents tomorrow, as a matter of fact.
I just found an 8 lb jug of H335!
There will be blood.
whelennut
I don't fore see the shortage impacting my shooting this year.
I left the shelves a little more bare than I found them today.

I found a good home for 750 40 gr. Polymer tipped beauties.

There will be blood!

whelennut
Got 1700 rounds ready for the last week of this month. Still got 2K worth of lead for the Pdog rifles but have 22# of powder and 11K primers so I will get by. The guy we have been shooting on for the last 5 years is going to poison them right after we leave so will be looking for more dogs or be having one heck of a Pdog guns sale !!
I just dropped the coin for a new 8X32X56 Sightron SIII with the 1/8 minute dot for my 280 AI but I don't know if it will be here for this shoot or not. Think the 162 Amax will kill a Pdog ??
Haha, I'm a lightweight. I reckon the 75 rounds of 223 40gr v-max and 50 rounds of 243 58gr v-max will get me thru the summer. I hope not, I'd love to shoot at them more frequently, but I doubt it. Should I need them though, I am capable of making ~500 additional rounds before having to switch bullets.
3600 rounds .223 ready to go & I have put over 2300 into them so far this year around here. Ive always had a 5-6 year stock of all components since the 80s, way before any of the buying/hoarding "panics"
© 24hourcampfire