Home

woo whoooooooo.........lets get 6000 more.....

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=25052737&am...am&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-4
Their deer and elk populations will benefit.

Tikkanut: Way to go Utah!
Wonderful program that I am sure will benefit Big Game to a large extent.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
Dang. That's impressive. Wolves haven't got a chance there!
Colorado should do a state wide bounty program for 50.00 for a pair of ears. I will bet a ton of coyotes would be killed.
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Tikkanut: Way to go Utah!
Wonderful program that I am sure will benefit Big Game to a large extent.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Us Utahan's all got a gun in the truck..........or two....

grin
Life is easy when thinking people are allowed to live it.
A number of studies indicate that around 35-40% of coyotes in an area must be taken to reduce predation on big game significantly. And the same percentage must be taken from surrounding areas, otherwise those coyotes move into the zones where other coyotes were killed. Those "new" coyotes then find more to eat, and hence have more pups that survive.

So I'm wondering: Is 6000 a third of the coyote population in Utah?
Our gov did that a few years ago, $20 for a set of four feet. 70000 coyotes were turned in. It only took a year or two for the population to rebound after the bounty.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/saskatchewan-minister-defends-coyote-bounty-1.516402

Ya I saw that but they also claimed that you could kill coyotes else where lie and bring them to the area to collect the bounty. Same could happen in Utah. In the end I don't really care killing coyotes is killing coyotes. And with that being said I really like hunting yotes and would prefer to hunt them over most animals to include deer. I make anywhere from 20 to 40 bucks a yote in the winter months just for the carcass, so that being said I have nothing against the bounties.
I would be willing to bet about half of those coyotes are wymoming or nevada coyotes, possibly more. the whole thing is a joke along with the requirement that you must scalp them and turn in the jaw attached with it. its a pretty goolish under taking. we tried prepping a few coyotes for the bounty but decided it was more hassle than it was worth.

if you travel the west very much it doesn't take long to figure out utah has one of the lowest coyote populations generally of any place in the west.
© 24hourcampfire