Home
Posted By: logger Fox Pro Cougar vocalizations - 06/19/13
For those of you that use electronic calls to hunt cougars, what do you think of the cougar vocalizations that Fox Pro sells?
Very interested in this thread. Starting to get quite a few big cats on my trail cams and would like to chase them. Using dogs isn't my thing, but I do have a foxpro....

I listen to them when ordering calls for my two FoxPro calls and they sound like they should works, but the proof will be in the actual use of them
Went to a seminar put on by the man who's web page is below... VERY knowledgable and avid Cougar hunter... He has some great Cougar sounds he has had professionally recorded at a game farm on the Olympic Penninsula in Wa state where he hunts them. Check him out! Some great info on calling Cougar...

Rain Shadow Game Calls
Originally Posted by 99Lover
Went to a seminar put on by the man who's web page is below... VERY knowledgable and avid Cougar hunter... He has some great Cougar sounds he has had professionally recorded at a game farm on the Olympic Penninsula in Wa state where he hunts them. Check him out! Some great info on calling Cougar...

Rain Shadow Game Calls

+1

My son and I have called several cougars using Rainshadow cougar sounds. My son has killed two that came in to Rainshadow lion vocals.

I think they bought the Rainshadow sounds. We had the Rainshadow cougar sounds on our FX3 when we had it upgraded to FX5 and listened to the FoxPro sounds and they sound like the same sounds only cleaned up a bit more. I think we did add the FoxPro sounds instead of putting the Rainshadow sounds back because they were a bit cleaner, but I don't really remember.

I drove up to Sequim and bought the original cougar sounds a few years ago.
I like that one story on rainshadows website. I might be biased though.
© 24hourcampfire