Home
I decided to go out this morning and start off the season . Temp was 46 degree and really Foggy . Set up the FoxPro Scorpion and started with the long howl, no response, after about 15 min i switched to the Lightning Jack and within ten mins had this Juvenile come running in, one shot with the 40 gr V-Max and Lil'Gun from the Browning 22 Hornet and he was down on the spot, he was less than 10 yards staring at the caller when i shot him . I saw another one about 100 yards down the hill behind the one i shot, but he was heading off and in the pines no chance for a shot. He or she is this years dog, i forgot to look, he just got a one time education , don't believe everything you here that sounds like food. I was hoping for his Pappy, but that is coyote hunting, you take what comes in.
[Linked Image]

the fur looks absolutely fabulous......
Originally Posted by huntsman22
the fur looks absolutely fabulous......

+1

Coyote is the one fur bearer that's holding it's price this year so good thinking on getting out in front of the clowns that sell in Nov./Dec..
he wasn't ticked up like most this time of the year.
the ticks'll die, or fall off shortly after skinning him.
don't let a few bugs slow you down.
Agreed, nice looking cat! And that little hornet look like a sweet walking/calling varmint rig. Mine is a re stocked and re barreled Sako Riihimaki 222, but very much the same idea.

Congratulations!
Good job and even better that it was done with gun that has the bolt on the correct side. grin
I love the Little Browning in the Hornet plus you don't see many of them in LH. Light very accurate and with the 2x7 Bushnell 3200 it is a joy to hunt with. Nothing in the hunting world to me, compares to watching a Predator coming into the call.
I have to agree with you on that. Calling predators is one of the greatest rushes. I've seen seasoned hunters turn into quivering piles of jello when I put a coyote almost in their lap.
Predator Hunting is addictive, that is for sure
mart
The bolt is not on the "correct" side the image was just reversed . Cheers NC
© 24hourcampfire