Home
Posted By: diamondjim What is this? Trail cam pic - 11/24/14
Coon, porcupine or what? Only picture I have, but not sure what to think. Thanks.

[Linked Image]
looks like a porkeypine to me, Iv had alot of them on trail cam this fall!
I'd say a porcupine.
Posted By: JeffG Re: What is this? Trail cam pic - 11/25/14
do you have another animal picture from the same position Jim, to give us a size perspective? Porcupine or bear, any tracks left?

I have a dog that stops to pee that way, back legs stop, front legs take another step, hips drop
Looks like a pikerpine to me and a very young one at that as there is no white on the quills. Very young ones (here in NE WA anyway)are all black and fuzzy before they grow actual quills. Either that or a really dark colored chuck if you have them and they are up.-Muddy
Posted By: TheKid Re: What is this? Trail cam pic - 11/25/14
Northern Chupacabra.
Never seen a porcupine in eastern neb...
Fur looks like a coon to me
Looks like a YOTY porcupine to me. There apparently is a population in Western NE as well as a remnant population in Eastern TN. My son saw one in WNC along the same latitude so I figure they probably get around a bit.
Originally Posted by rainierrifleco
Never seen a porcupine in eastern neb...
Fur looks like a coon to me

This is north cenatal Nebraska and we have them there.

Only pic I have of this. Thanks.
Looks porky to me. Daylight pic of porcupine walking away from camera below.

[Linked Image]
Thanks. That is the view I was looking for.
Porky for me too.
Posted By: Sgt5 Re: What is this? Trail cam pic - 12/02/14
Originally Posted by TheKid
Northern Chupacabra.

Nailed it.
Posted By: 222Rem Re: What is this? Trail cam pic - 12/02/14
Originally Posted by Okanagan
Looks porky to me. Daylight pic of porcupine walking away from camera below.

[Linked Image]

I had a view just like this one right at dark while walking back to the truck after quail hunting. Instant panic set in because my little Beagle was between me and the spiny porker, and there was NO way to shoot past her with my I/C choked 28ga loaded with #8s. Screaming like a mad man got my dog's attention before she followed her nose to certain catastrophe.
© 24hourcampfire