Home
Posted By: Remington6MM Dog Town Bullets - 03/20/15
Getting ready to go to Idaho on a Sage Rat Remediation Rendezvous
and loading up some .223 pills. Have read a lot of good comments on the Midway Dog Town bullets and am wondering if any of you have tried these. I understand they are made by Nosler. Am looking at the 35 grain in .223.

W. Bill
Posted By: Seafire Re: Dog Town Bullets - 03/20/15
BC leaves a little to be desired...

they loose velocity fast, so its almost counter productive to try and rocket them due to the light weight...

expect them to be a 200 yd, maybe 225 yd bullet..

at least that is my experience with them...

they were more designed along the lines for a 22 Hornet...

running down some 40 grain Varmaggeddon bullets is what I did last year... scoring a couple thousand or more...10 cents apiece or less via Shooter's Pro Shop...

if they don't have any, register as a veteran, and they will gladly notify you when they get them in... they weren't real reliable on that, until I registered as a Veteran.. again, at least in my experience...

hope you're going to take that grandson of yours again... darn good kid.....and your wife's cookies were pretty tasty also..
Posted By: rosco1 Re: Dog Town Bullets - 03/21/15
Zombie Max bullets were the buy of the decade..Dont know if you can find any now.
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Dog Town Bullets - 03/24/15
Use them with great success in 22 hornet and 223 and 20 tac.
They work really good for me and shoot as good as anything..
Posted By: Fireball2 Re: Dog Town Bullets - 03/25/15
Used them with success in a 219 Zipper. Did not expand as fast as I thought they would but were accurate. Have a few left if you want to try some let me know.
Posted By: Darkker Re: Dog Town Bullets - 04/02/15
Dogtowns & Varmint Nightmares from Midsouth are the same animal. I'm well past my second thousand. They are phenomenal bullets. Despite what crap midway says about "velocity" RPM is what destroys bullets. Your barrel dependant, keep them under 230,000rpm and they are fantastic.
Posted By: WiFowler Re: Dog Town Bullets - 04/02/15
Originally Posted by Darkker
. . . keep them under 230,000rpm and they are fantastic.

Now that's a math problem !
Posted By: Darkker Re: Dog Town Bullets - 04/02/15
Come now, basic math my friend... Key to the universe.
MV * 720 รท twist = RPM. Is your formula.

So as an example if he plans on using a 9-twist and wants to know approx Max velocity.
230,000*9 /720 = 2,875 fps

Posted By: 222Rem Re: Dog Town Bullets - 04/02/15
They hold together in my .223AIs @ 3450fps from a 1-12" barrel, and whatever speed the same load leaves my 20" 1-9" barrel. Not the greatest bullets in the world, but a good value, and I've shot a lot of 'em.
© 24hourcampfire