Home
Looks like VHA has folded.

Hate to see it, but their later mags had lost a lot of appeal to many varmint hunters and they struggled. At one time, though, they put out a great product.
Where did you hear this?
The webpage is still up and running.
The VHA SE Coordinator posted it on another site.

Try their phone --- disconnected.
What other site?

Travis
Posted By: bea175 Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 06/14/15
I hope not, they just renewed my membership and took my money
Originally Posted by bea175
I hope not, they just renewed my membership and took my money

Still have 2 years left on my subscription.. cry
Hell I hope you're mistaken. I still quite enjoy reading my copies of the mag. If they'd skid that LP Brenzy guy i could claim to read em cover to cover.
Brezny is good for a chuckle.

Travis
Posted By: bea175 Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 06/14/15
Brezny is full of Chit
Posted By: Lonny Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 06/14/15
The only magazine I get anymore is The Varmint Hunter. Like already noted, they have fallen off some the last few years, but still way more reading than most. No fan of Brezny either. I skip past his scribblings.

Too bad if they did close up.

Do any of you losers have a link?

Travis
The Editor, John Anderson, is a very good friend of mine. He and his wife Claudia stopped by to visit on their way through to Montana Saturday. He said a few days ago that Jeff and Jackie Rheborg called everyone in and said effective immediately, the Varmint Hunter Association has ceased to exist. No other explanations were given. Russ
Thanks for that.

Travis
Website is down now.

Travis
Sad to hear. I also know John and Claudia well, and knew that John had retired earlier in the year. Got a letter from the VHA saying they were looking for a new editor, but never heard anything after that.
Well this is very Chitty news. Don't know what Im gonna subscribe to now for rifle shooting/ hand loading articles. The only decent publications i get are a shotgun/bird hunting oriented.
Never woulda thought the VHA would just pack er in like that
Seems awfully sudden. No letters? E-mails? Notification on the website?

Travis
Posted By: kudu3 Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 06/16/15
I am truly sorry to hear this. I have missed the Jamboree the last couple of years. My son and I always looked forward to shooting at them. We met Mule Deer and Eileen at the_last_one and got to sample some of Eileen's cooking. It was great.

Dean
The association seems to have changed a few years ago when Jeff took over. I lost interest in it shortly after that
Well there goes my life membership!! Totally sux, always looked forward to the new issues.
I let my membership lapse for a number of years but renewed early this year.

I wasn't real impressed with what they put out.

Travis

They needed more Shrapnel articles...

[Linked Image]
They couldn't afford him.

Obviously.

Travis
Posted By: barm Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 06/18/15
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger
The association seems to have changed a few years ago when Jeff took over. I lost interest in it shortly after that

+1
Who ran it before Rheborg?

Travis
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 06/18/15
I enjoyed the cartoons. Always paged through and found them all. Love a good chuckle.
That stinks! I was going to stop by their office next month and check it out. Planning our first PD hunt north of Pierre!
That stinks! I was going to stop by their office next month and check it out. Planning our first PD hunt north of Pierre!
Originally Posted by SenderoMan

Double post due to site malfunction?
Posted By: g5m Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 06/20/15
It looks like the forum is still functional. There was a new post a few hours ago.
Originally Posted by g5m
It looks like the forum is still functional. There was a new post a few hours ago.

How are you viewing that? Their site is down.

Travis
There's at least one other forum called "Varmint Hunters," but it ain't part of the VHA. Google and it will come up.
Roger dodger.

Travis
Posted By: STS45 Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 07/10/15
I use to love that magazine, especially Steve Timm's articles. It was a great resource. I too lost interest in it. I can't explain it, but the articles just got cheesy. LP Brenzy had to go.
Yeah. The Steve Timm era made for some damn good info. Amazingly good info actually.

I renewed this year and wasn't impressed with the POS they sent to my door.

Travis
I have the first magazine still in the original jacket if anyone is interested...
Posted By: bea175 Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 07/10/15
I have all the Magazine from Number One to Present Date.
I put up my VHA mags for sale a year ago and could not get $2.50 each
Not a complete set but most
Posted By: dale06 Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 07/13/15
I was a member for I suppose 10-12 years and decided to not renew this year.
Years ago I used to anticipate the arrival if the magazine and read it cover to cover.
But I thought it had really declined in quality.
Rats! I was thinking of renewing and getting caught up on the back issues. LP Brezny aside, there was always something useful you'd never see elsewhere.
But I guess the component shortages and the fuel prices probably didn't help their advertisers.
Dang I wanted those back issues and holes. I guess procrastination DOES bite once in a while.
Originally Posted by STS45
I use to love that magazine, especially Steve Timm's articles. It was a great resource. I too lost interest in it. I can't explain it, but the articles just got cheesy. LP Brenzy had to go.

Yup -- Steve Timm was great. I STILL use the .223 powder (H335) he liked. Only difference is he liked 40 grain NBT bullets and I always preferred 55 grainers. Always wanted a Darrell Holland Walking Varminter like Steve had. Model 700, McMillian stock, PacNor barrel -- about a #3 or 4 contour and a VariX III. Beautiful
Posted By: drover Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 07/21/15
Agreed on Steve Timm's writing, he has been one of my favorites. He had it nailed as far a walking varmint rifle build also. Pretty darned amazing - he found out what worked and stayed with it through thick and thin, not at all like most of us do.

As far as Brenzy - every time I tried to read one of his articles it was a WTF? There are a ton of bad writers out there but he has to be in the top two.

drover
I enjoyed it most when the articles were written by the average guy.. It was interesting in those days..
I got a kick out of Brezny. Can't say I remember learning much from him but he was entertaining and provided a view of another lifestyle than I will ever have.

Poof! Just like Precision Shooting. I guess I can pretty much give up on cutting edge experimentation, manufacturing discussion, technical papers. Maybe I can find a good article on .270 vs. .30-'06 or how to pattern a shotgun (whatever those are), or something really juicy like how to clean my rifle.

If Rifle and Handloader pull this stunt I'm just going to step in front of a train.
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
I enjoyed it most when the articles were written by the average guy.. It was interesting in those days..

Same here.
I am a life member with them you would think I would have heard something from them , not have to read it on the internet , wonder what they will do with our club house and shooting range
Guess I heard from them today,, anybody else get a letter from there Attorney?
Oliver88: I have not "heard from them" - I am life member #185 - is the contents of your letter from them private?
I guess what I am asking is are "we" being sued?
TIA for any information (again if its NOT private).
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
sent you PM not being sued , can file a claim
Posted By: drover Re: Varmint Hunters Association - 02/10/16
Looks like the lawyers are throwing out a few crumbs.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/varmint-hunter-claimants.3894780/

drover
wonder what they did with the club house and shooting range ?
This news is a bummer. It would have been a bigger bummer years ago; but, a bummer nonetheless.
Oliver88: And others here, thank you for the explanation and links.
Sad that the V.H.A. has gone away.
I was a member since day one and previously with Varmint Hunters International (V.H.A.'s predecessor).
I got much useful information and knowledge from them over the years - including many tips on where to Hunt Varmints.
I would MUCH rather the V.H.A. resume its magazine and its club/association than receive a pittance of $2.00.
Maybe one of you "young" and energetic (I am "old" and tired!) Varminters might take up in the "void" left by the demise of V.H.A. and its magazine?
Again its sad anyway you look at the loss of this association.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
here's what the letter looks like:

[Linked Image]

Got the letter yesterday.
I thought it odd about the $2.00 thing and how little of value there was after creditors are paid. Then I read the part about the letter being from The VHA attorney.
At the time that Jeff took over I remember reading the VHA magazine and the list of employees included his wife....I remember thinking that my membership dues seemed to be going so they and their friends would be able to hunt and play on my dime
Soon after that I thought the magazine went downhill
Originally Posted by Hairtrigger
At the time that Jeff took over I remember reading the VHA magazine and the list of employees included his wife....I remember thinking that my membership dues seemed to be going so they and their friends would be able to hunt and play on my dime
Soon after that I thought the magazine went downhill

Totally agree with you; But Jackie(Jeff's wife) worked for VHA quite awhile before Jeff came on board.
It is sad as the magazine was very good and that the trend is magazines are dying
Got my settlement payment in the mail today anybody else get anything ?
Originally Posted by oliver88
Got my settlement payment in the mail today anybody else get anything ?

So,did you file a claim? How much was the "settlement?
Yes filed claim , $10.00 cash , thought they would have sent a check so they had a record of it . letter didnt say much ether
© 24hourcampfire