Home
Posted By: seal_billy Foxpro? - 01/16/16
My ecaller took a dump. Was a pos Johnny Stewart wireless. I'm gonna buy a fox pro cause I want American made and I hear their customer service is great. Which one is the best bang for the buck? I mostly hunt crows but also coyotes on occasion.
Posted By: chlinstructor Re: Foxpro? - 01/16/16
Just got the latest and greatest Fox Pro for Christmas. Can't remember the model, cause it's at the Ranch. Great unit, though. I think it was around $400.
All my hunting buddies that have them swear by them. Going to try it out for Mountain Lion, this week, when I head back to the Ranch.
I'll report back on the new model, and how it works, when I have time.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Foxpro? - 01/17/16
Thanks bro.
Posted By: carlm Re: Foxpro? - 01/17/16
Cant go wrong with the Foxpro Fusion, Shockwave or CS24C. Any unit with the TX1000 remote is top of the line. I have a Fusion with an extra speaker in case I want more volume, but have never needed it.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Foxpro? - 01/17/16
Can't go wrong with a FoxPro. I have an old 416b bought about 10 years ago. Don't remember just when but it has been going strong ever since. Have been thinking about the new Banshee, which fits my budget.
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Foxpro? - 01/24/16
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Just got the latest and greatest Fox Pro for Christmas. Can't remember the model, cause it's at the Ranch. Great unit, though. I think it was around $400.
All my hunting buddies that have them swear by them. Going to try it out for Mountain Lion, this week, when I head back to the Ranch.
I'll report back on the new model, and how it works, when I have time.

The latest and greatest from FoxPro cost $600-$700. As stated, they come with the 1000 model remote. You might have the latest but it is not the greatest

The Fusion is the cheapest of the high-end FoxPros and it is a good unit. The cheaper ones with the lesser remotes are probably fine for guys who can still hear! wink
Posted By: basdjs Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
Foxpro's customer service is excellent. Of their current models, the Fusion is an excellent caller with a great remote and compact size for run-and-gun hunting. I use it for crows, fox, and coyote. You can add an auxiliary speaker if need more volume but I've need seen the need to here in Pa.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
PM Sent
Posted By: ingwe Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
Ky221: since you seem to like things to try and do that others don't indulge in much, give your Foxpro a go on raccoons....it calls them in and its kind of a hoot!

[Linked Image]
Posted By: bea175 Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
Fusion
Posted By: JJHACK Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
I also have the fusion, it's everything I ask of a caller
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
Ingwe, What sound do you use. Tennessee is eat the hell up with coons, bandits in the east and a different kind in the west. There's a season on eastern coons.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
Thanks gentlemen, I'm kinda leaning toward the fusion. The cheapest top of the line makes it appealing to me.
Posted By: Ky221 Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
Yo ingwe

We've done it a time or two. Find active den trees, and man coon fight, really gets them all bristled up.

When that don't work coon puppies can seal the deal

What cha shootin there
That was a .223AI...we had coons coming to the distress calls we used for fox....lots of them. I only shot them after about 10-12 minutes when it appeared no foxes were showing up.

Ive seen them come to the coon fight on film, but never done it myself....crap I killed six of them that night I took that pic, and let easily that many more go...
Posted By: basdjs Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
Seal, If you order you call directly from Foxpro, you can select the sounds you want from their call list. Buy at a box store and you'll get a standard package with some sounds you don't need. They have some free sounds they'd probably load in addition. Call them directly for help. Great people to deal with!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said!
Posted By: AggieDog Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
That is a cool pic........
Originally Posted by AggieDog
That is a cool pic........

Thanks! Heres a prettier one....first stand, same night grin

[Linked Image]
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Foxpro? - 01/25/16
Originally Posted by basdjs
Seal, If you order you call directly from Foxpro, you can select the sounds you want from their call list. Buy at a box store and you'll get a standard package with some sounds you don't need. They have some free sounds they'd probably load in addition. Call them directly for help. Great people to deal with!

I ordered mine from Andy at Allpredatorcalls (dot) com.

The have a spot where you input your 100 sounds that you want. I ordered it on a wednesday and had it on Friday. Great place to deal with. They sent me a free tail stripper/coyote drag too.

Never called a coon in!
Posted By: Diablero Re: Foxpro? - 01/26/16
Originally Posted by dennisinaz

The latest and greatest from FoxPro cost $600-$700. As stated, they come with the 1000 model remote. You might have the latest but it is not the greatest

Lol, surely you mean latest??? Just because it cost more money doesn't mean it's the greatest. I've killed more coyotes, fox, bobcat's and coons with a Foxpro FX3 than most people have even seen. I currently own every Foxpro caller Foxpro has ever made but none of my electronic callers including my FX5, CS 24, Fusion and my Shockwave all combined has seen the success that my FX3 has had and my FX3 hasn't definitely seen the success my handcalls have had and I might have $5 in them because I make my own... Cost has nothing to do with it...Location, setup and prowess is the key to being a successful Predator hunter...
Posted By: dennisinaz Re: Foxpro? - 01/26/16
"Latest and greatest" can mean what ever you want.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Foxpro? - 01/27/16
What is the greatest?
Posted By: carlm Re: Foxpro? - 01/27/16
Only you can decide that. Like trying to tell a person what their favorite color is.
Posted By: Diablero Re: Foxpro? - 01/27/16
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
"Latest and greatest" can mean what ever you want.

You clearly stated that a $600 to $700 Foxpro was the greatest and I'm telling you that is just simply bullshit as far as where fur is concerned and that's what really counts... Not the bragging rights of having an expensive E-call...
© 24hourcampfire