Home
Posted By: southtexas Scope mounted light - 01/27/16
Anyone tried one of these. If so, how do they work? And how far can you see to shoot at night. Thinking it might be a good accessory for hogs.TIA

http://www.basspro.com/Pursuit-Predator-600-Lumens-%E2%80%8BNight-Hunting-Light-Kit/product/1511161537/
Posted By: hotdog Re: Scope mounted light - 01/29/16
Sent you a pm
Posted By: Shag Re: Scope mounted light - 01/29/16
That is sweet...Nice price, I think. Wish it was smaller... But man I could [bleep] Cshitt up with that
Posted By: rainierrifleco Re: Scope mounted light - 01/29/16
Had one years ago..it worked but very cumbersome...went to a barrel mount night light...much better but still the coard and battery was a problem...now I use a surfire mounted under the stock with a Velcro switch....no turning back...
Posted By: geedubya Re: Scope mounted light - 02/05/16
I use the Wicked lights 403 IC from Allpredatorcalls.com

http://www.allpredatorcalls.com/wic...-led-for-predator-and-hog-night-hunting/

I started with the xlr 250 from Elusive Wildlife Technologies, bt the Wicked light not only telescopse from wide angle to fine square beam, it also has an intensity control. In the past I would have to turn on the light while pointing the rifle upwards, then come down on the animal. Many times this would spook them. With this light I can leave a rifle on a rest, turn the intensity all the way down and then bring up the brightness gradually. This feature along with the telescoping beam allows one to use the light from say 30 yds out to the limit of the beam. I've not used it past 175 yds but it is advertised to 400 yds. plus.

[Linked Image]

and the old style without the intensity contol cap.(It can be upgraded)

[Linked Image]

Since I use this light on different rifles I use this universal mount. Can be ready to go in a minute or so.

Although it has some drawbacks, for around $150, it's much cheaper than night vision.

Best,

GWB
Posted By: Dogshooter Re: Scope mounted light - 02/05/16
I use a cheap Nebo clamp from Walmart and a 750 lumen flashlight...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire