Home
Saw three of these guys out in a field at my neighbors not looking quite right, my neighbor went back to his house grabbed his shotgun and managed to drop this one. I was impressed 50 yards with #6. I haven't seen a lot of pups so I don't know if they were acting weird because they were just venturing from there den for the first time or what was up.

[Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

I wonder if their parents have been taken out and they are staving to death!! Just my take. Cheers NC
Originally Posted by northcountry

I wonder if their parents have been taken out and they are staving to death!! Just my take. Cheers NC

NC's probably right......that's why I don't shoot Coyotes in the summer....well...that and the hides are worthless....

This probably won't set right with the "kill em all" crowd around here but if you're not willing to find the den and kill the pups too you need to take up fishing in the summer....
I felt bad for the pups myself they looked very mangy and were walking around like they had a hard time seeing.

unless it's another state,in NY you should be fishing in the summer....
It's sic (sic).......

+1
Originally Posted by huntsman22
It's sic (sic).......

Starving tends to make you "sic"......
That's awful small for this time of year around here.
Originally Posted by Prwlr

+1

+1 more
catch the other 2, domesticate them and train them to attack pitbulls.
Originally Posted by RWE
catch the other 2, domesticate them and train them to attack pitbulls.

then he'd be out all that training time they first time they met a pit, and it killed both them yotes.
Glad to hear someone else refuses to shoot coyotes in the spring.
Love my summer time coyote killing.

Maybe the bitch is still alive and they just have the mange or fleas.

If there are 2 more I would be trying to get them killed too.

Saw a pup cross the road last week, probably 15#, just late, see it all the time w other game.
I will not hunt coyotes until they have their pups weaned, gives me more to call in the fall and winter and keep their babies from a slow death of starvation. Coyote Babies Life's Matter
if you had livestock you might have different view point
Definitely [bleep] up, look at the ears.
He was doomed anyway.

We shoot coyotes all year long, in all shapes and sizes.
Originally Posted by huntsman22
It's sic (sic).......

You beat me to it...
I don't actively shoot them before November but should I blunder onto one in the summer I will certainly shoot them. I have raided a few dens during Sept elk hunts too. No love for coyotes or wolves here.
© 24hourcampfire