Home
I posted this on another forum so if you have seen it.....sorry have another look.

I was in the market for another 221 fireball and ended up buying one from a member here. A 700 LVSF... My previous fireball was a 700 as well, while it shot fine with 50g Sierras and RL-7 it wasn't really anything to write home about. So I didn't have super high hopes for this one...Fast forward to yesterday.... Had a box of the factory 50g accutip to try out. Really just needed to make brass and get the rifle zeroed. It took me 3 shots to zero and then I fired a 3 shot group at 100. And here's what she did. I'm still going to work up another load for the gun as I totally want to shoot the 50g Sierra Spitzer but I am tickled pink knowing that I grab a box of factory and hunt comfortably with it. I keep a 6" plate at the end of my property. 300 yards on the nose. Ringing it is no issue. I see the demise of many a crow, coon, fox and hopefully a bobcat or 2 this season.
[Linked Image]
Buy some more of that ammo!
No kidding, I just hate the price of factory ammo.....course 221 bras being what it is, it probably all equals out.
Sent you a PM Ky.
Originally Posted by Ky221
No kidding, I just hate the price of factory ammo.....course 221 bras being what it is, it probably all equals out.

At least 221 is available, unlike the 17fb. I just bought 300 supposedly once fired 221 that I'm going to have to neck down to 17.

Nice shooting BTW.
If you're looking for 17FB brass, I've heard good things here.

http://www.highplainsbrass.com/17-Remington-Fireball-Brass-Case--100-Rounds_p_12.html
© 24hourcampfire